What's on the idiot box... Part 2

Rosbjerg

Watched Charlie Brooker's "How videogames changed the world." Quite entertaining and informative, though I think Mr Brooker could very easily drop the wry, sarcastic persona and play it straight, as that personality is becoming a little stale in my eyes.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

After all the positive discussion on this thread I decided to watch Almost Human, I didn't think I would enjoy it that much as Sci-Fi isn't a genre that I'm crazy about but holy smoke its brilliant. I am really enjoying it :dancing:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So my wife got sucked into watching a CSI Miami marathon. This show is some of the worst crap I've ever seen on TV. I like cheesy but this show takes the cake because they play it so cool and so serious. I had to leave the room two episodes in but I can still hear my wife laughing and whatever ridiculous thing they are doing now

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

Since my wife loves Elementary so much I tried to get her to watch Sherlock but she has a really hard time with the accents not being a native English speaker. I find it very amusing though that she has a hard time with English from England or anywhere else but not American English

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Since my wife loves Elementary so much I tried to get her to watch Sherlock but she has a really hard time with the accents not being a native English speaker. I find it very amusing though that she has a hard time with English from England or anywhere else but not American English

That is strange.

Haven't watched any TV recently, any recommendations?

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

That is interesting, its not something you would expect but I suppose it makes sense as it is about the pronunciation of certain words

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Watched Once Upon a Time, how the hell is Pan supposed to recast the curse that brought everyone to storybrook when one requirement is for the caster to sacrifice that which he loves most, and the only thing he loves is himself?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just finished Ep. 1 of Sherlock, Season 2 ... bloody good telly, this. Only three episodes per series, but 90 minutes each. It makes Elementary look a bit staid, wan, and bland. Highly recommended.

New series starts on 1st January over here. Hugely looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Heh. Not strictly on the idiot box.. but they're doing a follow on to Firefly / Serenity through the medium of comics.

Zack Whedon, the writer of said comic, let this be known on where the crew of the Serenity will find themselves when Dark Horse releases the sequel comic, subtitled Leaves in the Wind, this January: the crew is on the run (of course), the Alliance is still in charge, Jayne is missing, and Zoe is pregnant.

It has been around nine months since the conclusion of "Serenity." A lot has changed and a lot has stayed the same. The discovery that Mal and his crew shared with the 'verse — that the inhabitants of the planet Miranda were killed or driven mad by an Alliance experiment — has opened some eyes and created some new allies, but it hasn't deterred any of their pursuers. If anything, it has made them more relentless. Serenity is hiding out in lesser-known corners of the 'verse, trying to keep a low profile. As you will see early on, that's easier said than done. Mal and his crew will be forced to face their enemies head on — some familiar, some new.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Watching Horror Express (1972)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Watching Horror Express (1972)

Its a good one, IMO, with some effectively creepy moments.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I had forgotten I wanted to check out "Almost Human" - or more accurately, I had forgotten it was going to exist - so I watched the first couple episodes tonight. The pilot was ok overall, the 2nd episode a little better. A bit klunky in parts but it has promise. The dialogue for the type of show -sci-fi buddy-cop procedural, really - seems a bit above current norm, and Karl Urban is always at least likable. That said, Urban (and almost everyone else) are, imo, utterly and completely eclipsed every time Michael Ealy is on screen. His humor, occasional pathos and developing character are the awesome.

Then again, I tend to like artificial lifeform chrs. (books, film, TV), so maybe I just have a pleasant bias.

So my wife got sucked into watching a CSI Miami marathon. This show is some of the worst crap I've ever seen on TV.

The only redeeming factor of CSI Miami is getting to giggle at Mr. Red. He's like a modern-day William Shatner with a gun instead of a phaser. And sunglasses.

CSI: Vegas was great to good for 5-6 seasons then slowly fell...and fell...CSI:NY's first season was decent/ok, but it went bad fast after that.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think CSI had some interesting ideas, but then failed due to a> every CSI lab turning out to have bigger budgets then the rest of the entire PD,  that they were turning around DNA results in a couple of hours, and that they could never seem to make up their mind which were actual scientist lab types and which were actual detectives solving crime..

Plus they did some horrendously horrible episodes on some things. Pretty much any murder that involved the internet or a computer game would make your eyes bleed from the terrible perspective.

True, and especially after the first or second season (Miami and NY were utterly terrible in that regard from the get go) ... but Gil Grissom is still the man.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yeah, my mother was a major fan so I saw a lot of episodes. Gil was good. But Sarah was loathed and hated as a character, as a scientist, and as that stupid romance. Frankly, to go soap opera here, everyone I know who watched it thinks Lady Heather was far and away the better option and match to Gil. Plus that was one of the few "subcultures" they looked at on the show that had the most closely related to real truth in how they behaved.

Sarah was definitely a "meh" character most of the time. I didn't hate her but she and Gil had zero screen-chemistry together. Heather was interesting but I preferred Gil sticking to his bugs/sleuthing and studies. To me that was what was interesting about him. Not who he romanced.

Yeah I'm not much of a romantic for crime shows. :lol:

That's because horrid murders shouldn't be a backdrop for romance.

Castle would say otherwise

• Like 2
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg