um well i just started play BG 1 enchantec edition nice game. but

i made this gnome woman illusionis/thife  just started playing get a mission i need to get a scroll from some old guy well i find the guy he is in a red robe well no way to get the scroll okey i think how about stealthiness and pickpocketing  i do that sneek past him and try to steal the scroll he find out what im doing and suddenly im lightning call rostead guess unluky things do happen

• Like 3

Was it dark roast?

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

If your copy of Baldur's Gate is enchanted, I suggest returning it and asking for a full refund. Alternatively, become a wizard.

• Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Aw man, you got the "enchanted" edition. It's cursed and will torment you to the point of insanity with stuff like this. Get the original games instead, install a couple of essential mods (these will do the very thing promised by the cursed edition, and were actually used in its creation - fortunately the originals remain uncorrupt) from Big World Project, and rock out.

Edited by centurionofprix
  • Like 2

The quest to get the scroll from Tethtoril is currently bugged. There is a hotfix http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16308/firebeads-quest-thethoril-will-not-give-the-scroll/p1 scroll down to find the file firebquest.zip. unpack the two files within and place them into your override folder in your install directory of Baldur's gate: enhanced edition. you may need to start a new game for this to take effect.

Nothing to do with P:E. Flush, wipe, move along...

well got bit to do wit it i say like the same people who make PE made BG 1 and 2 and its same way of making a world inside a computer

This makes no sense.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

okkoko, on 07 Oct 2013 - 7:12 PM, said:

rjshae, on 07 Oct 2013 - 6:31 PM, said:

well got bit to do wit it i say like the same people who make PE made BG 1 and 2 and its same way of making a world inside a computer

That's like saying you and I are related because we are both members of the same species.

That's like saying you and I are related because we are both members of the same species.

You technically are, if you go back far enough into your lineages. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Well since you are completely wrong, I guess we can move along now eh?

go stand up  go stand up

Lephys, on 07 Oct 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Amberion, on 07 Oct 2013 - 9:58 PM, said:

You technically are, if you go back far enough into your lineages. :)

Which makes my analogy really good. They have the same ancestors, but they look completely different.

• Like 1

Guys lets stop the criticism around grammar and the fact that English isn't everyone's first language so sometimes there comments are a little incoherent. I can understand what the Op means so I'm sure most of you can as well :)

@ Okkoko

I am currently playing IWD and I found that GOG has excellent forums that are still active around this game and the BG series. You can ask questions there on older games and the guys will respond constructively.

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Seat yourself upright in a firmly upholstered chair, clasping a pipestem betwixt your teeth. Try the section again.

Succeed or fail, you won't come on here whining in an illiterate fashion.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

4real dude, just get TuTu or (imo, better) Big World Project for the original BG. It won't be so intolerably bugged or blurry-looking, and if you want to add fanfic content, you can download more of that for TuTu or BWP than comes with EE.

BWP will even download the mods for you, you just tick some boxes. http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/72-big-world-project/

Edited by centurionofprix
  • Like 1

I wish we warned and banned members for misuse of the English language.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands