RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

It does seem like there's one every month. Doing on the 'strength' of the previous few installments I think I'll pass. I have little faith that Ubisoft will be able to produce anything I like. But different strokes for different folks and all. 

I really want to play The Last of Us, but I have little use for a console.

watch a silent play-through online, that's what I do with all console titles I would like to play but can't.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I've never played God of War, but it has always struck me as much more action orientated than the AC series.  You can spend a lot of time just exploring and walking through the cities in AC.

Ant that is exactly what I do not like about games. When I want to spent lot of time with exploring or walking through some city, I just buy me a flight ticket there and visit it myself.

I never finished any Bethesda game, despite having lot of fun at the start with each one, but after week or two of playing, I got bored to dead... Always... Same with every other large sandbox game... With exception of Fallout 3... For some reason, I almost finished this game... But I think it was the DLCs, which I enjoyed much more than the game. I quit the game for a year, when I reached the carrier. And for another year when I finished Dunwich...

And I finished every God of War game I touched, despite me sucking a lot with everything except RPGs, I even finished God of War III on platinum. I just need a game, where there is something to do every second of the game, not a game where you have to walk around for hours to get to your next objective.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I've never played God of War, but it has always struck me as much more action orientated than the AC series.  You can spend a lot of time just exploring and walking through the cities in AC.

Ant that is exactly what I do not like about games. When I want to spent lot of time with exploring or walking through some city, I just buy me a flight ticket there and visit it myself.

I never finished any Bethesda game, despite having lot of fun at the start with each one, but after week or two of playing, I got bored to dead... Always... Same with every other large sandbox game... With exception of Fallout 3... For some reason, I almost finished this game... But I think it was the DLCs, which I enjoyed much more than the game. I quit the game for a year, when I reached the carrier. And for another year when I finished Dunwich...

And I finished every God of War game I touched, despite me sucking a lot with everything except RPGs, I even finished God of War III on platinum. I just need a game, where there is something to do every second of the game, not a game where you have to walk around for hours to get to your next objective.

Mmh, the low tempo is a major turnoff for me as well, though I wouldn't characterise myself in the same way. OTOH, I found FONV, a Bethesda-style game done by Obsidian, quite a bit of fun, so guess there's something else as well...

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The thing about creating a large sandbox is that you need to fill it with interesting things to see and do.  I think Piranha Bytes does this better than any other company, and on a much smaller budget than most.  

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Don't worry mute688, I'm also perpetually catching up several threads on this forum.

So I'm debating spending 40 bucks on far cry 3 or just pirating it and buying it when it comes on a steam sale.

I look at an impressive library of games and find myself disinterested in most of them.

Played a bit of Hydrophobia earlier, I can't force it to use the proper video card so that's a problem, and the game itself, well. Linear corridors, pointless achievements, and more cutscenes than gameplay so far. I'm not sure if I'll return to it.

Besides letting the Malthusians win suits me just fine, MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Don't worry mute688, I'm also perpetually catching up several threads on this forum.

So I'm debating spending 40 bucks on far cry 3 or just pirating it and buying it when it comes on a steam sale.

I look at an impressive library of games and find myself disinterested in most of them.

Played a bit of Hydrophobia earlier, I can't force it to use the proper video card so that's a problem, and the game itself, well. Linear corridors, pointless achievements, and more cutscenes than gameplay so far. I'm not sure if I'll return to it.

Besides letting the Malthusians win suits me just fine, MUHAHAHAHAHA!

Far Cry 3 is worth 40 bucks, don't pirate it :)

Edited by BruceVC
  • Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

So you are going to pirate Farcry 3 because you are too impatient to wait for the Steam sale?

Don't worry, I'm sure all of our resident DRM activists will come to your defense.   :facepalm:

Wait, why would someone that dislikes DRM defend him pirating ? Doesn't seem to naturally lead that way.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

*sigh*

Discussing your plans to pirate a game, on a game company message board, shows suspect intelligence and is not appreciated. Please do not repeat.

And in the wrong thread no less.

Anyway, @bruceVC, 40 bucks is a lot of money for me.

@Hurlshot. yeah, I'll wait till a sale comes up. I was going to buy it regardless, but 40 bucks is too much.

• Like 1

---

Wait, why would someone that dislikes DRM defend him pirating ? Doesn't seem to naturally lead that way.

The usual Steam fanboi rethoric that has managed to grab hold of even otherwise normal people (like Hurly) : you believe that when you pay a game you should be able to just enjoy it without hoops to jump through and the danger of it not running once your operating system gets "upgraded" ? You must be a criminal.

My personal opinion is that most forms of DRM = bad (I have a soft spot for the old Lucas Arts adventure games). I also believe that if something is worth spending time on (and worth stealing), then it is worth paying money for.

edit: also: Hurlshot if you ever feel up to a game of Blood Bowl... ;)

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Huh, I have got rid of DRM's for around 14 years now by using cracks for my games for the simple reason I positively hate to fiddle around with cd's and dvd's. Getting rid of possible intrusive crap at the same time is a nice bonus.

And I own legally every single game I have.

The usual Steam fanboi rethoric that has managed to grab hold of even otherwise normal people (like Hurly) : you believe that when you pay a game you should be able to just enjoy it without hoops to jump through and the danger of it not running once your operating system gets "upgraded" ? You must be a criminal.

I'm having a hard time parsing this paragraph.  I don't understand.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Oh, and the new Command & Conquer game has been axed.

Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play

I knew that the second I heard F2P when the game was announced :p

I'm having a hard time parsing this paragraph.  I don't understand.

Seems simple to me , he's describing an argument that because one dislikes DRM although it is due to risk of it being intrusive of interfering with one's PC that one must be pro-pirate and therefore a thief.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, and the new Command & Conquer game has been axed.

Your feedback from the alpha trial is clear: We are not making the game you want to play

I knew that the second I heard F2P when the game was announced :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It was a game struggling for a reason to be beyond EA wanting to keep trying at microtransaction C&Cs. At one point it was Generals 2! From Bioware! With Bioware's strong narrative focus. That somehow translates into all of the world's diplomats die in a single explosion, leaving only the military Generals to rule the world.

That's some serious drama right there.

Some time later, either because they wisely realized how utterly dumb that story idea was, or because the Bioware branding became less appealing, they dropped all three. But the idea of a F2P RTS never skipped a beat.

I don't like free-to-play to begin with. So you can guess that the idea never got anything beyond contempt from me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."