RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

Damn, now I feel like playing LoL again.

Don't, you are free brother. RUUUUUUUN!!!

I'm not free. You are never free. The urge is always there, deep down. Like a predator, just waiting for the chance to strike, drag you back into it's den.

• Like 1

DISCLAIMER: RUMOR, UNNAMED "INDUSTRY" SOURCES, GRAIN OF SALT

GTA V rumored to come to PC Q1 2014

Rockstar will release a PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 in 2014, Eurogamer understands.

Multiple industry sources have indicated the open world game, currently available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, will come out on PC in the first quarter of 2014.

The release plan mirrors that used for Grand Theft Auto 4, which released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 29th April 2008 before launching on PC in December 2008.

A PC release should come as no surprise. In August GPU maker Nvidia's senior director of investor relations Chris Evenden mentioned a PC version of GTA5 during a financial call.

"[PC] gamers are preparing their systems for a strong roster of games coming this fall, including blockbuster franchises such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Assassin's Creed 4," he said.

After Evenden's quotes were picked up by press, Nvidia issued Eurogamer a statement saying they were made in error. "Nvidia does not have information on any possible PC version release of Grand Theft Auto or its availability," a spokesperson said. "We deeply regret the error."

When approached for comment, Rockstar pointed us to an "Asked & Answered" session published on the company's Newswire website in July.

"The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release," Rockstar said at the time. "We don't have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now."

Nearly 600,000 people have signed a Change.org petition calling on Rockstar to release GTA5 on PC. They will get their wish.

If this is true, IF this is true, then it will work out well for me as I plan to build a new rig late next year, and this releasing in early 2014 would fit that plan well:  GTA V releases in March or April > Build new rig in September or October > Buy GTA V at 75% off during Winter Steam Sale.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

DISCLAIMER: RUMOR, UNNAMED "INDUSTRY" SOURCES, GRAIN OF SALT

GTA V rumored to come to PC Q1 2014

Rockstar will release a PC version of Grand Theft Auto 5 in 2014, Eurogamer understands.

Multiple industry sources have indicated the open world game, currently available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, will come out on PC in the first quarter of 2014.

The release plan mirrors that used for Grand Theft Auto 4, which released on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on 29th April 2008 before launching on PC in December 2008.

A PC release should come as no surprise. In August GPU maker Nvidia's senior director of investor relations Chris Evenden mentioned a PC version of GTA5 during a financial call.

"[PC] gamers are preparing their systems for a strong roster of games coming this fall, including blockbuster franchises such as Call of Duty: Ghosts, Grand Theft Auto 5 and Assassin's Creed 4," he said.

After Evenden's quotes were picked up by press, Nvidia issued Eurogamer a statement saying they were made in error. "Nvidia does not have information on any possible PC version release of Grand Theft Auto or its availability," a spokesperson said. "We deeply regret the error."

When approached for comment, Rockstar pointed us to an "Asked & Answered" session published on the company's Newswire website in July.

"The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release," Rockstar said at the time. "We don't have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now."

Nearly 600,000 people have signed a Change.org petition calling on Rockstar to release GTA5 on PC. They will get their wish.

If this is true, IF this is true, then it will work out well for me as I plan to build a new rig late next year, and this releasing in early 2014 would fit that plan well:  GTA V releases in March or April > Build new rig in September or October > Buy GTA V at 75% off during Winter Steam Sale.

This is incredibly good news, to say I am elated and excited is an understatement. The first quarter of 2014 is sooner than I expected :dancing:  :dancing:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West to be released on PC by end of this month

Charming game. Excellent characters, underwhelming gameplay. Still recommendable for the right price though.

Good. Now they should port Heavenly Sword as well.

Never gonna happen, Sony owns the IP. Same reason Demon's Souls is never getting a PC (or Xbox 360) port.

Are you waiting for Haswell-e?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

You expect it to be 75% off 8 months after release ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Are you waiting for Haswell-e?

Yes, that's the current plan, though very subject to change.

You expect it to be 75% off 8 months after release ?

You're probably right, a highly successful and popular game likely won't be more than 50% off 8 months after release.  Still, I can always go with wishful thinking.  Plus, there's always the chance that Valve will pull a boner and the game will be something ridiculous like 95% off for a couple of minutes, like they have in the past.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Charming game. Excellent characters, underwhelming gameplay. Still recommendable for the right price though.

Never gonna happen, Sony owns the IP. Same reason Demon's Souls is never getting a PC (or Xbox 360) port.

kaz-3.gif

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Which is too bad, since it's arguably better than Dark Souls.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Mine too, although I just found out that the tax on IT equipment is going from 8% to 20% in November in my country, so that 4770k looks really good now...

Mine too, although I just found out that the tax on IT equipment is going from 8% to 20% in November in my country, so that 4770k looks really good now...

Ouch.

One reason for me to wait for Haswell-E is DDR4.  While initially the benefits might be negligible over DDR3, having DDR4 support gives me better future-proofing.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Ouch.

One reason for me to wait for Haswell-E is DDR4.  While initially the benefits might be negligible over DDR3, having DDR4 support gives me better future-proofing.

This so much, plus I wanted to save up and go for the 8 core version. Idk, I will probably still wait. When you give a thousand euros, a hundred more is not that much.

DDR4 is going to be super expensive next year for no benefit apart from power consumption, and Ivy Bridge-E wasn't great value for money unless you're running a server . It might be worth upgrading GPU in 2014, but I'll wait for Skylake (at least), faster DDR4, and PCIe 4. Also Intel might be releasing more Haswell CPU with DDR4 support soon after Haswell-E.

DDR4 is going to be super expensive next year for no benefit apart from power consumption, and Ivy Bridge-E wasn't great value for money unless you're running a server . It might be worth upgrading GPU in 2014, but I'll wait for Skylake (at least), faster DDR4, and PCIe 4. Also Intel might be releasing more Haswell CPU with DDR4 support soon after Haswell-E.

Hence the "very subject to change".  It sure would be nice if Steamroller wound up being a pleasant surprise in performance, if for no other reason than to drive down Intel's mid-high-end CPU prices.  High-end prices are always inflated, but they've been extra inflated due to Intel having zero competition in the high-end.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Well I am running a semi broken setup with a q6600, so it's not really feasible for me to wait for skylake. Also I am not really interested in PCIe 4, as for the faster DDR4, I don't really think it will show much real world difference.