What you did today

Rosbjerg

Had to do a double shift on the 'shop floor' today. My finger ends are all busted up, and I think one of my fingers might have actually started to melt. The nailbed looks distinctly weird.

Wound up being 'standing up straight' tired. That phase where you're quite capable of doing the same over again, but if you don't remind yourself of this fact by standing up straight, shoulders back, you'll begin to slouch and then deflate like a party balloon.

Working on Saturdays is a goddamn sin.

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Had to do a double shift on the 'shop floor' today. My finger ends are all busted up, and I think one of my fingers might have actually started to melt. The nailbed looks distinctly weird.

Wound up being 'standing up straight' tired. That phase where you're quite capable of doing the same over again, but if you don't remind yourself of this fact by standing up straight, shoulders back, you'll begin to slouch and then deflate like a party balloon.

Nah, it's OK. I quite like a good bit of physical work. You get your objectives and *bam* you're off. You either get it right or you don't!

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm pleasantly exhausted and a bit hungover. Going to listen to Toots and the Maytals and relax.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@Hurl - that kind of thing can be stressful, glad it turned out she was ok.

After 25+ years I've become used to not knowing exactly where hubs is/when he'll back...hubby's not a planner (or a big talker) and is the sort who never leaves a note/rarely calls - he does, now, at least say "Going for a walk," "Need to run to the office for an hour," etc.  more often then not (versus literally only saying "Going out for a bit"). It's progress. :lol: I grew up with family who'd leave notes on the fridge if they were at the neighbor's for half an hour, so it took me a long time to get used to hub's super casual/taciturn ways.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trying new meds (Abilify and methylphenidate). Took em later (the Meth-whatever is short term add) and right now all I wanna do is sit around and talk about life with somebody.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

GPS tracker might work well, Hurlshot. Usual pointless day here, I slept in to 10 AM so that was annoying, but I suppose it is nice to get decent sleep. Knocking off my laundry so the piles are a decent size considering the rate of consumption. Really need to work out a nice schedule for laundry to do.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Nah, it's OK. I quite like a good bit of physical work. You get your objectives and *bam* you're off. You either get it right or you don't!

Me too, today, but it's still a sin. Especially for free. But it was at my mate's house, whose wife is from Brasil, and can cook with all the passion and skill of a professional. I was already 'standing up straight' tired yesterday, so today was more of a warm-down. The pasta chicken pesto made the work seem less like work. Obrigado, Camila! 

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

Walked to Widmer, drank Hefe, staggered back home, somehow. Started biology research project. Unironically related to yeast.

Excellent job researching your project beforehand!

So is this the Widmer brewery that you went to?  I haven't been to that one yet, I'll have to make a trip there.  I've done tours at Gordon Beirsch and Deschutes, as well as a bunch of smaller breweries.

Out for a few drinks last night. I really must be losing weight, as I haven't had someone confuse my age for a while. All I'll say is that for a 25 year old I've got a damn good beer belly. :)

Although I will finally concede that I do in fact have quite a nice arse.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Awesome man's night out, good company, good food, playing pool and having a great time - as the guys got more drunk they wanted to "see me in action" as they were tired of hearing about all my escapades and not seeing them. So I was running around like a dancing monkey talking to all the girls in the bar haha - but it was really fun, so that's ok :)

My apartment however is filled with people sleeping, when they wake up it's time for bacon &, eggs, coffee and a good brunch.

Good weekend all aroud.

• Like 3

Fortune favors the bald.

GPS tracker might work well, Hurlshot.

bad advice imo, tracking your partner sends the wrong message: "I don't trust you enough when you're not around me."

Maybe she needed a night out with the girls.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

bad advice imo, tracking your partner sends the wrong message: "I don't trust you enough when you're not around me."

Yeah I have to agree with you on this. I can certainly understand you being concerned with her safety Hurlie. As long as that is all it is. But tracking via GPS/Cell phones.... bad idea. Sooner or later that comes out and it would not be a pleasant conversation.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Last night did not go as planned. Not to say it went badly though. Lady Guard dog is moving in for real and we were up until 3 am unpacking boxes and rearranging stuff. I have a four bedroom house and she had a one bedroom apartment, yet somehow she has twice as much stuff as I do. Rather than go out to dinner we just made microwave pizza and watched Saturday Night Live.

I found out something about her I didn't know though. She reads her horoscope regularly and actually believes it offers some insight in day to day life. I found that funny. 

She told me the one thing in life she has always wanted was a horse. She doesn't even want to learn to ride one, she just wanted to have one as a pet. I think I can make that happen.

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Oh for the love of.... never mind. :p

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Horoscopes are just someone's ambiguous opinion. Fortune cookies, on the other hand, are real, down to the last letter of each word. I had one tell me I would be surrounded by luxury and wealth--and sure enough, here I am, working laboriously in a coastal community surrounded by wealth and luxury. Stupid fortune never told me I would be part of it. 

• Like 3

All Stop. On Screen.

I don't think Hurlshot was stalking when she didn't show up. There's an unfortunate number of bad people out there. I worry about my female _friends_ never mind my girlfriends.

GD: What I'd point out is that your other half seems squared away. Maybe she uses the admittedly generic advice in the horoscopes to stay that way.

If there's many ways to skin a cat (proverbially speaking), then there's many ways to be awesome.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Feeling very good today, going drinking with some friends, think I may call a girl I met later.

I trust my wife implicitly.

Except with credit cards.   :dancing:

I don't trust anyone with credit cards.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Fun Fact, in the USA the cost of living has gone up about 100% since 1984, but the average income has stayed the same over that same period.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Fun Fact, in the USA the cost of living has gone up about 100% since 1984, but the average income has stayed the same over that same period.

I would say that is more depressing than fun. Although a certain segment of the population has seen real income rise exponentially.

I don't think that's any more depressing than the comment I've heard from some people that the basic standard of living is unimportant compared with the disparity between rich and poor.

-Elwood Blues

I don't think that's any more depressing than the comment I've heard from some people that the basic standard of living is unimportant compared with the disparity between rich and poor.

I'm not sure I completly understand what you mean..

That some people think it's more important to adress the income disparity rather than deal with problems concerning basic standard of living costs?

Fortune favors the bald.