What you did today

Rosbjerg

Going to make some pepperoni, mushroom and jalapeno "mini-pizza things." Which aren't exactly real pizza, but at least they're cheap and mostly satisfy the craving. Then it'll be time to watch Breaking Bad, after which I'll cry into Mr. Black's fuzzy shoulder for a bit because my fave show is over.

At least for a while there will be post-season baseball. Boston and Oakland this year.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't even get into fights when I play hockey, it just seems like a good way to get injured.

Speaking of hockey, a player in my league collapsed on the ice last night.  I didn't know him personally, but he is on the same team as a couple of friends of mine.  I guess the EMT's arrived and started using the defib and doing CPR right on the ice.  They got him to the hospital and cleared out a blockage, but he didn't make it through the night.  :(

It's been a couple years since we've had an incident like this.  A tough reminder about how short life is.  His kids were in the stands too.  I haven't heard how old he is yet, but I think he was in his late 30's, early 40's.  Seemed like a healthy guy too, he had done one of those mud races earlier in the day with his daughter.

Sad to hear that, especially in front of his kids. Do they have a defibrillator at the rink ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's bloody awful, to say the least. That seems like a very young age for a heartattack aswell.

Came back from another opthalmologist appointment today, it's getting better, my sight on the eye has gone from 0.5 to 0.8 and today 0.9, so it's getting better. Even though it does'nt feel like it, because there is a sort of "fog" on everything wich is probably due to meds. Tomorrow I get to go down on dosage, wich my wallet thanks me for, I'm beginning to think that they gave me like... twice as many bottles of betablockers that I was going to need though.

Improvement, feels good!

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Pff I feel like fisticuffs right now, tbh.

One of our fellow forumites has been yanking my chain.

But I shall be the better man! I shall ignore the ruination of a thread I put some real thought and effort in, and I shall vent by playing some Team Fortress 2

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Studying at the moment, taking a break to chat with you fine fellows.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

My day so far =  :banghead:

On the plus side I might actually get my reports done...

On the negative side I had two different employees miss a deadline despite them receiving multiple reminders.  One of them from me the day before the deadline.

Me, when talking with them at our group meeting Wednesday = :alienani:

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Got the parka I ordered in the wrong size due to a shipping error, so I have to return it, fill a bunch of customs forms etc. And I bet the seller is going to choke when he realized how much an EMS package to the U.S. costs (67 euros just for shipping). They have the right size in stock, so this should just be an annoyance.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Had a pretty awful day in the office and then I fell asleep while resting my head on my arm. I still don't know what it is that makes me so tired at work, when I enter my workplace fit and fresh I'm instantly overwhelmed by paralyzing fatigue and my eyes get so teary I cant read without wiping them constantly. I feel like I haven't slept in weeks.

:banghead: 

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Hm, have to stop eating and drinking in a couple of hours to fast for my doctor's appointment manana. That's not so much a problem in general, but I am not looking forward to starting the day without a cup of tea..  It's just not civilised.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had a pretty awful day in the office and then I fell asleep while resting my head on my arm. I still don't know what it is that makes me so tired at work, when I enter my workplace fit and fresh I'm instantly overwhelmed by paralyzing fatigue and my eyes get so teary I cant read without wiping them constantly. I feel like I haven't slept in weeks.

:banghead: 

Are your eyes dry?  Do you look at a computer a lot? Could it be Computer vision syndrome?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

@Woldan: Is the temperature in your office low? I find myself nodding off when it is cold.

I've consumed about half a gallon of water, and find myself having to piss every 5 minutes.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Coworker got broken ribs so the team is even more depleted. Actually the team is just the manager, so right now it's a giant clusterf**k. Good times, good times.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

@ Amentep
I DO spend a lot of time looking at screens but its perfectly fine at home, I'm pretty sure its just a typical byproduct of my tiredness.

@ KaineParker
Its actually too hot in the office, I tend to work best at around 16 Celsius / 60F, not at temperatures in the 24 degrees / 75F area. But thats no reason to feel comatose, I can go cycling when its 100F or 40 degrees hot without feeling that tired.

I've consumed about half a gallon of water, and find myself having to piss every 5 minutes.

I'm familiar with that problem, thats why I try to drink little by little throughout the day. Though if you think its bad with water try drinking half a gallon of sugary chocolate milk.

Its like nothing of that stuff stays in your body. :blink:

Hmm, 75F is pretty cool for me. Then again, between the humidity and Texas heat, Houston is pretty damn hot.

I only ask because my eye issues were acting up over the weekend and I couldn't figure out why I felt so sleepy (right after falling asleep) only to realize that my eye drying out made me think I was sleepy (I was wide awake after getting my eye drops in).

But it could be anything - not a doctor.

For the first time ever I tried standing barbell shoulder presses, I usually do them only sitting. Boy, all the wasted years, its SO much more fun and demanding this way!
Its pretty cool when you know you could pick someone up who weighs 70kg , lift said person above your head and press him / her 8 times. Or a moped. Or a steel coal stove. :w00t:

Fielding an angry angry ex, via email. She's angry because I wouldn't go out with her again. I won't go out with her again because she's unpredictable and angry.

The situation would be funny, but I've got a bad feeling about it.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That sounds like a girl I dated Wals. Last I checked, she ruined her hair and looked much too thin.

I'm about to head to class, going to eat something quick.

Fielding an angry angry ex, via email. She's angry because I wouldn't go out with her again. I won't go out with her again because she's unpredictable and angry.

"Crazy girls.

Crazy girls are the best. They're wild as hell to hang out with. The sex is incredible. You never know what's going to happen. The problem is, there's no real good way of ending it with girls like that. I've changed jobs and moved. Faked my death. And they're there. At the funeral. They aren't even subtle about it. They show up and they're dressed like whores.

God I love crazy girls."

• Like 3

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Why did you even answer her mail?

I simply ignore crazy people, saves me a lot of trouble and valuable time. 

Edited by Woldan

Why did you even answer her mail?

I simply ignore crazy people, saves me a lot of trouble and valuable time. 

The need for familiar human contact can sometimes overpower judgment. 

All Stop. On Screen.