What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Its Friday night so its junk food night, take-away pizza with Avo, Bacon, Mushroom and Feta. And I've made some roasted garlic for extra flavour. I lovvvvvvvvvvvve  garlic

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My dinner plans changed, so I'm aving tinned sradines over rice. Of course this simple meal may be augmented by fried onions, garlic etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hmm, never had a pizza with avocado. Is it cooked with the pizza or added on afterwards?

OMG !!! You have to try it, its delicious and very common in South Africa. You add it afterwards and you cut the Avo into thin slices that you put on each slice. Its a real flavour sensation :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

My dinner plans changed, so I'm aving tinned sradines over rice. Of course this simple meal may be augmented by fried onions, garlic etc.

When onions browned, added sardines, grated carrot, sliced apple, chillis, fennel seeds. Weird, I know. But I was in the mood.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

gifted1 is in chicago. am pretty sure there is a municipal ordinance that allows tar and featthering of folks who try to add avocado (and similar hippie toppings/ingredients) to any pizza. there may be a clause that allows those wacky california pies to be sold w/i the city limits, but they cannot be called "pizza." the law is rarely needed to be enforced as the social stigma o' ordering such alien fare is typical enough to prevent the natives from even considering such insanity.

am joking... but only barely.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

gifted1 is in chicago. am pretty sure there is a municipal ordinance that allows tar and featthering of folks who try to add avocado (and similar hippie toppings/ingredients) to any pizza. there may be a clause that allows those wacky california pies to be sold w/i the city limits, but they cannot be called "pizza." the law is rarely needed to be enforced as the social stigma o' ordering such alien fare is typical enough to prevent the natives from even considering such insanity.

am joking... but only barely.

HA! Good Fun!

Gromnir speaks the truth. We are required by law to burn down any establishment that offers pineapple pizza.

:lol: funny

John Milton 

1.5 bagels, I hope, and some cheese.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Pizza tonight. With proper toppings, not any avocado bull****.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Made sausage/vegie fried rice last night, along with a beef roast for sandwiches. So tonight...I'm having beef sandwiches. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I made some rottini pasta with a homemade sauce.  For the sauce I just threw in some light butter, olive oil, a bunch of garlic, some lemon juice, and some pepper.  It came out light but gave a nice flavor to the whole wheat pasta.  I put some green beans on the side.

I always found the deep-fried Twinkie or Oreo concept pretty outrageous....I've never eaten one, btw. For all I know, it tastes great. But the thought kinda makes my stomach churn.

And yeah...I saw a show about all the deep fried stuff at a fair. Booths where that's all they do ... pick anything you want, they'll deep fry it. Whole sandwiches, ice cream, etc.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I always found the deep-fried Twinkie or Oreo concept pretty outrageous....I've never eaten one, btw. For all I know, it tastes great. But the thought kinda makes my stomach churn.

And yeah...I saw a show about all the deep fried stuff at a fair. Booths where that's all they do ... pick anything you want, they'll deep fry it. Whole sandwiches, ice cream, etc.

am gonna concede that the notion o' deep-fried ice cream were curiously repellent AND intriguing to us... before we started experimenting.  why would anybody wanna deep-dry ice cream?  turns out that the reason is simple: tastes delicious. crushing up honey-nut cheerios and adding some cinnamon for a coating works well. maybe drizzle with some honey and top with whipped cream. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

They deep-fry everything at the county fair ... I wonder could you batter and deep-fry chunks of avocado and wash it down with pizza.   

Interesting you probably could as it has the right consistency, it just won't be very healthy :)

John Milton 

Homemade pizza with mushrooms, roasted garlic, pancetta, and basil

So you make your own Pizza dough?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Taking Fiancee to the Peabody tonight for dinner followed by drinks on the rooftop lounge and then a trip back to her almost empty apartment.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

had a breakfast casserole that will last a few meals. 

cook up 1lb breakfast sausage... or you can dice up some cooked ham. set aside.

spray a 7"x11" or 9"x13" baking dish with non-sticky spray. cut 8 frozen/partial frozen buttermilk biscuits in half. line baking dish with 1/2 your biscuit halves. top biscuits with 1/2 of your sausage or ham. top the biscuits and sausage with 3/4 o' a cup o' cheese o' your choice. add another layer o' biscuit halves and sausage/ham. 

beat 7 eggs. add 3/4 cup o' heavy cream and 1 and 1/4C whole milk to eggs along with 1t each o' salt and pepper. mix and pour into the baking dish covering biscuits, sausage and cheese.

cook at 375 for 30 minutes. 

top semi-firm casserole with another 3/4C cheese. cook another 10-15 minutes.

remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes.

wanna go full heart attack mode? top with simple gravy. in skillet melt 3T butter and whisk in 3T flour... you can alternative use the reserved oil from your breakfast sausage as the fat. whisk in 2 C whole milk. heat over med flame til mixture thickens a bit. add fresh minced sage for some body and maybe 1/2t red pepper flakes for kick. salt and pepper to taste. 

is ez and tasty. most Gromnir recipes tend to be either extreme ez or extreme complex. this one is ez.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

Sounds like something my husband would like. I'd probably like it too, taste-wise, but it'd be a little heavy...eggs and cheese combo is something I can't eat much of. :lol:

don't forget the 3/4 C of heavy cream.  is not a recipe for those watching their weight or people who is lactose intolerant.

we has healthy recipes, but is usually by accident... we makes 'em 'cause they is yummy and not 'cause they will help us live longer. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3