What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Serves you right for eating kale in the first place!

I didn't even know what kale was until I looked it up, it looks healthy :)

I now feel like I've got a hairbrush in my guts. More fibre than a jute handbag.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tonight I'm making Beef Stir Fry with spring onions, onions, garlic and chilli's. I'll add Chinese noodles at the end and some Coriander for flavour :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

No meat in the house, so I'm going to have to settle for a vegetable soup, using meat stock cubes, and some toast with fish paste.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No meat in the house, so I'm going to have to settle for a vegetable soup, using meat stock cubes, and some toast with fish paste.

FFS, Wals are you living in a POW camp or something? Can I send you a Red Cross parcel? Is James Garner cutting about having made some potato vodka?

sonsofgygax.JPG

I had some ground turkey so I mixed it with an egg, onion powder and chopped fresh jalapenos and made turkey burgers on the grill. It was pretty good. For dessert I'm having a cup of French Roast coffee while I sit on the porch enjoying the first cool weather of the year and type out a message to you folks.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tacos with guacamole and refried beans... I seem to have added too many layers of tastiness and now have a plate full of mess that won't stay on my taco

:lol:

That happens to me all the time when I make something that has a lot of loose stuff to put in or on top. Like when I make mini-pizza rounds and I want to pile on too many toppings for the small breads to hold...I've never been a minimalist.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Now I find myself debating.... One more hard apple cider or just go to bed because I have to work tomorrow

Keep the cider till the weekend, that would be my advice :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Probably the single most useful thing I absorbed in my military training was the two can rule. Never have more than two drinks unless:

a) You haven't any work the next day

b) You have got your sights on a pretty girl

c) You have decided to settle for a quite ugly girl

d) You are in an odd mood

e) Someone else is buying

f) By doing so you can cause someone who is lightweight to drink far too much and get themselves into trouble.

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 3

-Elwood Blues

Probably the single most useful thing I absorbed in my military training was the two can rule. Never have more than two drinks unless:

a) You haven't any work the next day

b) You have got your sights on a pretty girl

c) You have decided to settle for a quite ugly girl

d) You are in an odd mood

e) Someone else is buying

f) By doing so you can cause someone who is lightweight to drink far too much and get themselves into trouble.

Good points but I can add another relevant one

• You are taking customers out for a celebratory drink after the closing a good deal and you are expected to drink with them (technically the company pays for this so this may be the same as point e )

John Milton 

FFS, Wals are you living in a POW camp or something? Can I send you a Red Cross parcel? Is James Garner cutting about having made some potato vodka?

Funnily enough I was considering breeding up some rats...

No, the other night i grilled some supermarket pork chops and they came out BOILED in their own injected brine. Like eating pine boards.

So I'm really fed up with supermarket meat, and am preferring to eat veggie instead, assuming I can't get to a butchers. Which I usually can.

-Elwood Blues

gotta simple lentil dal recipe--

saute onions (1/2 onion-chopped,) garlic (4-5 cloves minced,) tumeric, cumin seed, crushed red pepper, and ginger... add garlic last.  add a couple cups each diced roma tomatoes and cauliflower florets, 2.5 C water and 1 C red lentils. bring to boil. reduce heat. simmer covered for 35-40 minutes. salt to taste. throw in liberal amounts o' cilantro and Fresh lime juice. do self a favor and buy a freaking lime or 2 rather than use stuff that comes in a bottle or plastic faux lime. ick. server over your choice o' rice. 

we prefer red lentils, but yellow works ok. green/brown don't break down enough with relative short cook time. yellow spit peas is perhaps even better than red lentils, but we like lentils, so sue us.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I love lentils.

I made lasagna last night.  It was my first attempt, and I was happy with the result.  I wish I had layered in more of the macaroni, but the sauce came out really well, and it was on the back of a Safeway Macaroni box!  It was basically some tomato paste, diced tomatoes, some sugar and red pepper flakes, and some fresh basil.  There was garlic and onions as well.  I went with ricotta and mozzarella cheese as the other layers.

Leftover spaghetti with ground beef, cheap and cheerful.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Vodka, Doritos, and a Snickers.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

hmmm

vodka?  depending on the variety o' doritos, wouldn't a cabernet go better with the snickers? just saying.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I prefer a chocolate shake, Baby Ruth and Cheeto's, myself. Actually, I'll just take the chocolate shake. A real one, none of that weird, gummy McDonald's type glop.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Trying a new simple random baked chicken/rice dish. Winter's coming so that means I'm more likely to run the oven, since it's nice to toss things in there and forget about it for an hour or three. Over the many years, I've constantly tried to do something with baking chicken (via an oven, not grilling/pan fry/fried) that appeals to me enough that I want to make it regularly. So far, I'm largely convinced such a thing doesn't exist.

It's not that I don't like chicken, I just don't like healthy-ily prepared chicken (skinless, low salt, low fat, etc). It's boring and tastes flat and bland, especially if in large chunks/whole sections. The best I've come up with is just pouring a ton of fresh made Mexican type tomato/onion/pepper salsa over skinless chicken breasts.

What spices and such do you like to use with chicken?

Trying a new simple random baked chicken/rice dish. Winter's coming so that means I'm more likely to run the oven, since it's nice to toss things in there and forget about it for an hour or three. Over the many years, I've constantly tried to do something with baking chicken (via an oven, not grilling/pan fry/fried) that appeals to me enough that I want to make it regularly. So far, I'm largely convinced such a thing doesn't exist.

It's not that I don't like chicken, I just don't like healthy-ily prepared chicken (skinless, low salt, low fat, etc). It's boring and tastes flat and bland, especially if in large chunks/whole sections. The best I've come up with is just pouring a ton of fresh made Mexican type tomato/onion/pepper salsa over skinless chicken breasts.

What spices and such do you like to use with chicken?

you want ez?

whole chicken... cut into pieces. coat a cast iron skillet with a little olive oil-- don't worry, we ain't frying. set oven at  450... middle rack. put chicken in pan. pour 1/4C white wine over chicken. throw on a couple sprigs o' rosemary, and a couple more thyme. salt & pepper. bake for 40 minutes. broil for a few minutes. take outta oven and squeeze a lemon over the chicken. let stand a few minutes.

eat. yum. is ridiculous simple.

thyme and rosemary is chicken staples btw.

coq au vin? is probable not what you is looking for as is not a "toss in the oven and forget" kinda thing. 

boneless and skinless chicken breasts? is like cooking with cardboard. add flavor to those things by baking is like trying to do Beethoven's 9th on a kazoo. sure, you can do it, but results is laughable. still wanna bake boneless skinless chicken breasts? mince 1T rosemary and 2T thyme... combine with salt, pepper and 1T olive oil-- coat chicken and a bunch o' seedless grapes with oil mixture. sear breasts both sides in skillet. throw in some shallots and sherry... bake at 350 degrees. time depends on how much you cooked chicken in pan. throw grapes into pan for last 5 minutes o' cook time.

how 'bout slow cooker instead? is loads o' great ways to do chicken breasts in slow cooker-- tandori, curry. barbecue, etc. is throw-in-pot-and-forgets recipes, but typical more flavor = less healthy. *shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

We used to cook our chickens over a pan of bacon grease.  Not in the grease, but on a rack above it, so that the grease would pop and sizzle up and help flavor the chicken.  Pretty awesome.  We'd also brine it first with rosemary and a bit of salt.

Edited by Hurlshot

Turkey sub from Subway. Not great, not terrible.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Completely ignored my own advice about drinking last night. Four ales and a strong cider. I now feel as if I have molerats in my brainstem.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues