What you having for dinner tonight?

BruceVC

Currently boiling green onion in chicken broth, which I intend to add some brown rice to for a simple soup.

Taking GF here for dinner tonight: http://www.eighty3memphis.com/index.php

Looks interesting. I suppose the reason you're going to a place with "passion food" is that you hope to get lucky?

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Nice GD!

I've got the 4th anniversary of the first date that I had with my wife coming up in less than 2 weeks but I'm not sure where to take her. I'm stuck between the sushi place that we went to on our first date or her favorite restaurant.

I'd take her to her favorite restaurant#. In my experience* while most women do appreciate sentimental things, they prefer to be treated to their favorite things.

#If I were you of course. I wouldn't date someone's wife.

*Admittedly, I have never been married so perhaps Hurlshot would be a better source of information.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Urgh. Ate domino's pizza for dinner yesterday. Feel like I've swallowed a synthetic fibre pillow.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

For breakfast I made scrambled eggs with bell peppers, sun dried tomato, onion, zucchini and a little bit of parmesan and goat cheese

For lunch I had a double mushroom pizza that went a little light on the cheese from Papa John's with a side of anchovies

Free games updated 3/4/21

Influenced by reading about the 1600s I experimented with a curry heavy on aromatics like nutmeg and cinnamon. Think it would have been better as chicken, rather than lamb. But lamb was in the fridge, so..

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm smoking a Boston Butt. I made a dry rub of salt, sugar, paprika, mustard, garlic powder, ground pepper, and celery seed, & cayenne pepper. I rubbed it down and bagged it up in the refrigerator overnight. Now I'm smoking it at 225 for 7 hours. I'm also making steamed corn on the cob and rice with sautéed mushrooms & onions. For dessert I've made bread pudding this morning and it's cooling in the fridge.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm smoking a Boston Butt. I made a dry rub of salt, sugar, paprika, mustard, garlic powder, ground pepper, and celery seed, & cayenne pepper. I rubbed it down and bagged it up in the refrigerator overnight. Now I'm smoking it at 225 for 7 hours. I'm also making steamed corn on the cob and rice with sautéed mushrooms & onions. For dessert I've made bread pudding this morning and it's cooling in the fridge.

Weirdly, it was reading this that I most understood your stance of Federal government. Completely true.

-Elwood Blues

You lost me Wals. I'm not seeing the connection at all. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yep. Sometimes it's smoked or pressure cooked to make pulled pork. I just cut it into chunks for dipping in a Coca Cola based BBQ sauce I made. VERY tender.

• Like 1

Thomas Sowell

Shrimp fried rice and a Lucky U IPA.

I did not do a good job at the fried rice, but it was my first time. And I've decided I don't like IPAs based on this one beer...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Tonight I will eat garlic sausage with green beans and rice.

Chicken salad sandwich, vanilla yogurt and two white peaches. The white peaches were soooooooo yummy. I wish they were in season all year long.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was planning on having Sausage and Mash but we are having a power outage so I may need to get takeaways

:(

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I was planning on having Sausage and Mash but we are having a power outage so I may need to get takeaways

Braai, surely?

-Elwood Blues

Braai, surely?

Yeah I could have done that but I didn't have any charcoal :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tinned sardines, shallow fried in sunflower oil, plentiful garlic, cardamom, fresh chillis, black pepper, oregano, topped off with virgin olive oil, added fine chopped carrot to give sweetness and bulk. Served stirred through white rice.

Drinking licorice and mint tea.

-Elwood Blues

Two Four Locos.

• Like 1

Fish. I don't know what kind, I haven't gone down to the river yet. But we'll see.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell