What you did today

Pidesco

THUNDERSTORM!!!

Ihave turned of everything except my phone and kitchen stuff.

Rainy, windy and noisy as hell. I had my earphones on and the first one that struck still took me completely by surprise.

THUNDERSTORM!!!

I could use a thunderstorm right now. Or ten.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I don't think you can replace your cerebrospinal fluid in a matter of 24 hours.

Judging by how sweaty my back is I wouldn't put it past it. Also I could use a few dozen thunderstorms too..

Fortune favors the bald.

Just planned an extended mountain trip.

I'm going to camp on the highest mountains in my country, this way I can escape the heat and do something useful with my free holiday time. Temperatures here have reached the 100F or 40 Celsius mark, at 3500 meters above sea level the temperature drops down to a mere 15 Celsius (!) and stays barely above freezing at night. 

:w00t:

Are you not worried about running into something similar to the Abominable Snowman?

I have it on good authority the snowman is terrified of running into Woldan.

Nep you funny :lol:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I've been sunbathing for almost 4 days straight.. somehow I'm still very pale.. But I must've sweated out all toxins in my body by now - there's no way that any of the liquid in my body is more than 24 hours old. :)

Wow, people still sunbath?

You guys haven't heard of melanoma. In countries that have loads of sun, like South Africa, most people just don't sunbath anymore.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

THUNDERSTORM!!!

Rainy, windy and noisy as hell. I had my earphones on and the first one that struck still took me completely by surprise.

THUNDERSTORM!!!

I could use a thunderstorm right now. Or ten.

Now it's scorching hot.

I wanted to visit a tropical place this summer, but who knew the tropical weather would come to Sweden?

I like tropical weather and now I want to go even more.  :aiee:

Whoa, a THUNDERSTORM?!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

THUNDERSTORM!!!

THUNDERSTORM!!!

So did you post this via the phone or the kitchen stuff? :p

Its actually only sprinkled here...which is a changeup as we've had a couple of months of storms, a lot of them thunderstorms

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

THUNDERSTORM!!!

THUNDERSTORM!!!

So did you post this via the phone or the kitchen stuff? :p

Its actually only sprinkled here...which is a changeup as we've had a couple of months of storms, a lot of them thunderstorms

In a year or two, I expect to browse the forum via my fridge!

(When I browse the net, it's most probable that I'm doing it on my phone.)

I saw a guy wearing an Obsidian sweatshirt in SF today. I yelled at him, but he moved away in the opposite direction quickly.

Pretty sensible reaction when some stranger yells at you.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Planning to take a week off and go with some friends and my girlfriend to Corpus Christi.

Also, visiting my cousin in Cali, some lunatic yelled at me. :banana:

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Returned from the land of the Lake. Had a lot of fun with the family, with most of it coming from the stories of the stupid things they did as kids (like one aunt having her main memory from her youth being my dad kneeling on the drivers seat of his car, steering it, because he'd cut it in half to bury in a neighbors yard (without permission), and he's got to steer those two front wheels to their destination while being towed.

post-13853-0-23649700-1375858090_thumb.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I saw a guy wearing an Obsidian sweatshirt in SF today. I yelled at him, but he moved away in the opposite direction quickly.

not really. I remember getting caught in an impromptu 'wookie off' in a motorway service station. With a whole bunch of strangers making wookie noises at each other.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hm, when you find it's gone 3am and you're still not asleep and you're brain keeps stringing random things together as you try to relax it's always a bit surreal. Especially when it starts that spiral of bizare things linking together that really don't normally, and then you're all "where the frak did that come from?" only to have another series of weird and random thoughts form into nonsensical sentences.

Still, morning has arrived. My sister has taken the day off to sort things out for when she moves into this new place she's getting. So plenty of running up and down into the attic and digging out boxes and wotnot, while the dogs dance around excitedly.

Hm, and for some reason my pc is acting a little weird which is annoying. When I right click on a file to cut and paste or rename or suchlike it's taking 10-30 seconds of whirring after a right click to get any options.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

not really. I remember getting caught in an impromptu 'wookie off' in a motorway service station. With a whole bunch of strangers making wookie noises at each other.

Okay, my first thought when reading the term "wookie off" was not what it ended up being.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Okay, my first thought when reading the term "wookie off" was not what it ended up being.

You mean, like, pulling each others' arms off?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Me: Still "blargh" and not sleeping well/enough. :)

Cat care: Mr. Grey still will hardly eat Fancy Feast (which Mr. Black still gobbles up), and I'm tired of cooking and shredding meat. So back to hunting for varieties of canned food. I found one at a pet store that's $1.79 per 3 oz can, which would translate into about $7.50 a day. :disguise:  95% chicken, no grains, no fillers, it says. Sure, whatever, still looks/stinks like pate catfood to me, but it is denser/less water and less fake color. And of course ... he ate 2oz in one sitting instead of "3 licks, walk away." Fine, maybe he's a richy rich snob cat. The true test will be if he still likes it three days from now, tho. Weeks of putting small dishes of food out for him like every 3 hours, and he's still nothing but skin and bones.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still helping my sister sort things out for moving into her new place. Although I'm taking a break to measure up her old room and ponder on where I could put in a desk or two and some book cases and potentially turn it into an office/computer room/extension of my library... :shifty:

I just have to make sure I get a jump on the rest of the family before they try turning it into various other things....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Smashed my pinky finger against my door due to missing a step, clumsy of me. Annoying pain now as I may have fractured something in it, but I think I can manage without hitting a doctor up for now (attempting RICE).

LadyCrimson, do you have a Mr. Orange and Mr. Blue too ? :D

Went to bed too early so had inevitable freaking nightmares. However, dusted off the meditation after many years cold turkey and used that to get heart rate down etc. Back to sleep and got 5 hours all told. Managed my shift today OK.

-Elwood Blues