What you did today

Pidesco

I don't get it off here in Canada. Heh, that'd be funny if they did suggest that. Eid-al-Fitr as a day off : you'd get some opposed as it's Islamization! but then a toss up how many would be okay with it just as it's a day off work or for any real desire to be multicultural.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trinidad & Tobago - though most people forget the sister island of Tobago when referring to the country (but in any event was born on Trinidad proper). Proud inventors of the steel pan, bringers of the blight of soca to the world! :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Bachelor's party tomorrow (not mine) so I have two friends sleeping in my apartment this weekend.

I gave them a key to the apartment and now I sit at work and worry about whether I deleted my browser history or not.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Trinidad & Tobago - though most people forget the sister island of Tobago when referring to the country (but in any event was born on Trinidad proper). Proud inventors of the steel pan, bringers of the blight of soca to the world! :lol:

Curious, one of my teachers is from there. You probably know him seeing as the island is 3 feet wide :p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Today I went for a jog and am going to get some sleep.

Bachelor's party tomorrow (not mine) so I have two friends sleeping in my apartment this weekend.

I gave them a key to the apartment and now I sit at work and worry about whether I deleted my browser history or not.

If you start posting large amounts of unattractive women, then I think you will have the answer. Unless you only post from work.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Curious, one of my teachers is from there. You probably know him seeing as the island is 3 feet wide :p

Har. Never really traveled much around the place, only there a few years. But general rule for us is : Do not trust us.

I had a friend in college from there.  Last I heard she was in Jamacia though. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Har. Never really traveled much around the place, only there a few years. But general rule for us is : Do not trust us.

I think that rule extends to the rest of the Caribean and probably most of South America, and by most I meant all.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finished up the installation in Louisville this week. The airport authority is happy. The city is happy, their managing company is happy, my partners are happy and I just got home so I'm happy. Just a happy day all around! Now I'm going to catch a few Z's then watch the Rays/Dodgers game tonight. Then tomorrow I'm going fishing during the day and out with the GF at night. It's gonna be a great weekend! Life is good y'all!

• Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I love that GuardDog is happy. :)

Plus, I finally got some decent sleep, so I'm pretty happy myself. I'm getting ready to hoof around a park for a while, before returning to make some dinner then gaming with the spouse. Altho, Oblivion (the movie) seems to be on VoD now, so we might watch that first.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think that rule extends to the rest of the Caribean and probably most of South America, and by most I meant all.

Hmmm...you're probably right. :lol:

Hm, somewhat tired and crotchety, having an evening in, listening to a mix of Jace Everett and Two Steps From Hell music while idly reading through various Black Crusade, Deathwatch, Dark Heresy and Rogue Trader rpg sourcebooks and doodling around.

Got invited to a bbq on sunday.  Mapping out my sister's room and figuring out a budget for turning it into an office / computer room / extension of my library....

For some reason the cat is being incredibly lonesome and whiney...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Currently have chicken skin legs due to kyacking sunburn, and a small heap of blisters that are leaking. Makes driving for work a wee bit uncomfortable when you can feel your sock slowly soaking up... whatever it is.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I really don't like it when Netflix greets me by my first name, as if some faceless website page using my name is going to make me feel all friendly-like. It makes me think of junk mail letters that insert your name every 5 words, just to creepily make sure you know that they know who you are and where you live. ;)

Also...seemingly new Netflix profiles. I take it they're taking more steps to try to become more socially networked. Blech. Or, it's just a way to differentiate between family members who use the same account. Not sure. The latter would be ok tho, I guess.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hm, woke up early from some mixed dreams where I was battling through some half-submerged tunnel system bouncing between hunting / being hunted by a many toothed krakenesque creature. Couldn't get comfortable to have a saturday lay-in, so now actually up and about.

The cat's decided to meander around and make loud, plainative meowing noises.

Hm, and realised that my principle harddrive is actually about 6-7 years old. I think I should get an extra external drive and make sure it's totally backed up soon.

I really don't like it when Netflix greets me by my first name, as if some faceless website page using my name is going to make me feel all friendly-like. It makes me think of junk mail letters that insert your name every 5 words, just to creepily make sure you know that they know who you are and where you live. ;)

Also...seemingly new Netflix profiles. I take it they're taking more steps to try to become more socially networked. Blech. Or, it's just a way to differentiate between family members who use the same account. Not sure. The latter would be ok tho, I guess.

Conversely I can't stand being called 'sir'. The English in particular only ever call someone sir if it's illegal to just call them 'scum' to their face.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Okay, if someone asks you to go get something from the shops and then say "remember, the shops shut at x", that  generally sits in my mind as "you have until x to go pick it up".

It does not mean "I absolutely need this within the next hour."

If someone needs something in an hour I expect them to actually say "I need this within the hour." If they just keep saying "remember the shop shuts at x" it's going to bug the crap out of me because I'll be thinking "I freaking know this already, that means I have 5 odd hours to get it" and won't actually get me rushing out of the door.

Is that just me?

You probably don't have a suggestions list filled with My Little Pony and Iron Man cartoons :p

• Like 2

Today I realized that I'm dumb so I decided to grow me some brains. Literally.

Look at my brain farm! (These are stone plants)

brainplant_zpse8680764.jpg

I totally had to buy them, they're really cool. Now I'm going to start an Illithid cult and create my own elder brain.   :w00t:

Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

You probably don't have a suggestions list filled with My Little Pony and Iron Man cartoons :p

:lol: I do get a fair number of "kids" suggestions sometimes, because I like a lot of older Disney, cartoon series and/or youthful type films from my childhood. No MLP, tho.

Separate account profiles are fine. I just don't want to be roped into anything social-networky w/out my actually clicking "I want it," like YouTube and half the internet keeps trying to get me to do.

Today I realized that I'm dumb so I decided to grow me some brains. Literally.

Look at my brain farm! (These are stone plants)

BRAIIIIIINNSSSSSSS!!!

That's ... pretty awesome. They look ready to slice and fry up in a pan with some string beans.