What are you playing now?

I'm generally anti-internet connection requirement too, but how do you propose to play an MMO without an internet connection?

I know.  My comment was more in a general sense, and less about this specific game.

With specific regards to this game, they need to do a better job of having reliable servers if they're going to run this style of game.  It's ridiculous that their servers are this bad (I did a quick Google search and found this seems to be a common issue).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Slinky

I think just about every MMO ever has had server issues in their first months. Planetside 2 had huge problems on their most populated servers for, what, 3 months or more? Can't remember anymore.

Dirt 3. It looks nice, the races are fun and challenging and I got it cheap (summer sale ;) ) but you have to log in to "Games for Windows" to save your progress. I wasn't aware of this fact and I had to repeat the first 15 races :banghead: . And I really hate the fact that you have to buy cars and courses with real €/$ to complete events. So it's worth the 5€ I spend but I don't think I'll play it very often.

I think just about every MMO ever has had server issues in their first months. Planetside 2 had huge problems on their most populated servers for, what, 3 months or more? Can't remember anymore.

Not a MMO but online - Diablo2/Diablo3 releases, anyone? Hahahaha.

They often do that ... underestimate the load. Either that or tech problems in general. Even NW:online has mild issues still, during peak times. Mostly with connecting to their servers or getting bumped off. Must be difficult because you don't want to spend more than really needed on servers/techs etc. but that likely sometimes means you end up with problems at peak times or during unexpected sudden surges. And you don't know if the increased load will remain long enough to be worth spending more.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So many games from Steam, but only got time for The Old Republic and the Real-Life game (which generally sucks)...

:/

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Got Mount & Blade, so playing that now. Is quite fun storming around hunting bandits and lancing them to death.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon has a training montage.

Best shooter of the generation. Possibly best game.

I just voted for it, and will snatch it up if it wins for the flash sale.

It's very 80's. Hell their tutorial is your partner in crime TRIGGERING THE TUTORIAL PROGRAMMING IN YOUR CYBERNETICS while the players character curses at him over the comms.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Got Mount & Blade, so playing that now. Is quite fun storming around hunting bandits and lancing them to death.

The original or Warband?  Mind you, there really isn't much difference.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'd say Warband is much better at giving you a clear sense of purpose and how to become a powerful lord.

• Like 1

I'd say Warband is much better at giving you a clear sense of purpose and how to become a powerful lord.

Agreed, and there are some very minor balancing changes and another country added.  When you boil it down, though, it's almost identical to M&B.

Basically, if you're new to the series you might as well pick up Warband.  If you already own the original, there's little reason to pick it up, just stick with what you have.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Decided to play some BL2 since Defiance is being stupid.

It's weird.  That one boss in Borderlands 2, Mad Mike or something, is a lot tougher than the "end boss" for that level.  Largely because he shoots a bazooka weapon that seems to kill me if it even hits me once.

Phaselocking enemies is cool and all, but I miss my autogun for my commando.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Mark of the Ninja is fantastic.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon has a training montage.

Best shooter of the generation. Possibly best game.

The Hollywood Hacking at the end of the first mission is absolutely hilarious.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Getting my metroidvania on with Unepic.  Gotta love the old school style boss fights with jumping on ledges and finding patterns.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Some random pickups while waiting for Shadowrun Returns, working my way up to my own truck in Euro Truck Simulator, going back to pick up some of the challenge achievements in Surgeon Simulator, finished Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders in a couple sittings, a bit of Theme Hospital nostalgia, and one mission in Dishonored before getting tired of it again (started in October, am now five missions in).

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Original, got them in a bundle. Apparently Warband is just the original patched and tweaked, so I hear from a friend but was playing in sequence ignorantly, so.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's on a different landmass, and has one new faction, a Saracen doppelganger, added. Biggest gameplay change is probably that it lets you rebel and start your own faction. It also has a combat-only multiplayer mode.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G