Defense of Marriage Act ruled Unconstitutional

NOK222

What I'm actually more interested in right now is what's been going on down in Texas.

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/06/wendy-davis-filibusters-texas-state-senate-over-abortion-bill.html

A legit filibuster and fight over if something actually happened or not.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm very happy to see this, I have quite a few friends who will sleep much better knowing they have the same federal protections as heterosexual couples.  I have a buddy who is a marine that got married after they dropped don't ask don't tell, and he will gain a ton of rights for his partner when the State department enacts their measures.

• Like 2

Despite the moral fabric of America having been destroyed, my life doesn't seem that different.

How can you say that while jesus is weaping?

Because they're immoral or because they're fat?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Huh, you're right, it's mostly Leviticus.

There is this though

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: 27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.(Romans 1:26-27 KJV)

So Christians have something to fall back on if you use the "you have to use all of Leviticus" line.

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I've always found the hubris of people claiming to know what Jesus does or does not approve of to be astounding. Based on what I read Jesus loves gay folks every bit as much as hetero folks. If fact I pretty sure he commanded every one of us to do the same. Mark 12:30: "Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, and with all of your soul and with all of your strength. Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

The funny thing is, the folks who spend the most time telling us what Jesus thinks are usually the ones who know the least about Him.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was poking fun at a certain politician's response to the news. I coudn't care less about cherry picking scripture. 

OT: the ruling was long overdue.

No you're cool. That comment was not aimed at you. Nobody on this beard is seriously invoking Jesus to this discussion. But it is happening a lot in other forums and the press. My comment was just a general one.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was poking fun at a certain politician's response to the news. I coudn't care less about cherry picking scripture. 

OT: the ruling was long overdue.

No you're cool. That comment was not aimed at you. Nobody on this beard is seriously invoking Jesus to this discussion. But it is happening a lot in other forums and the press. My comment was just a general one.

GD, that typo makes me think of people sitting on a giant beard.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

We are all a part of Fio's giant dragon beard.

I burst out laughing when I heard one politician proclaim "children deserve to have a mommy and daddy!"  

We're all just strands of Eldar.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

We are all a part of Fio's giant dragon beard.

I burst out laughing when I heard one politician proclaim "children deserve to have a mommy and daddy!"

Because apparently having 2 moms or 2 dads is worse than being an orphan.

Who was this fine gentleman or lady?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Baby steps, but you guys still lag behind badly

They'll catch up to you in Blessed Europe soon enough.

Down in my country, there was a massive signing for a referendum regarding marriage. About 20% of the population signed it (which is alsmot as much as the percentage that gets out for elections), but the government so far still refuses to hold a referendum or acknowledge that it has to uphold the results of the referendum.

Basicly people voted for the word "marriage" to define only male+female pairing.

Gay couples can still enter a state-recognized union and get all the necessary legal rights, only it's not called marriage.

* YOU ARE A WRONGULARITY FROM WHICH NO RIGHT CAN ESCAPE! *

Chuck Norris was wrong once - He thought HE made a mistake!

I think I've said it before, but having dealt with hardcore feminists and other ****wits who refuse to get married because it's "patriarchal and suppresses womyn", I've come to the decision that the Marriage Act (in Finland) should be repealed and replaced with a gender neutral union construct. The word marriage should be removed from legal texts and we should bring back the good old "Naimakaari" (with current cultural sensibilities, a free translation would be "Act of Shagging"). :p

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Late arrival.

I refuse to get married because I'm an idiot and could not possibly sustain a marriage for longer than a week.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The biggest supporters of this has to be divorce lawyers. Nothing like expanding markets for your services to get you behind a cause!

If the government passed a law that said all public buildings must have WiFi I might have to check my Libertarian principles at the door!  :lol:

Thomas Sowell

Baby steps, but you guys still lag behind badly

They'll catch up to you in Blessed Europe soon enough.

I wouldn't wish that, even on the US.

Europe has a habit of smearing feces on everything worthwhile it creates and calling it progress. The whole gay agenda is just another symptom of the general lack of unifying ideas and leadership that lead to self destructive behavior towards any and all (formerly) stable pillars of society: church, marriage, national identity etc. 

When its all finally fragmented and/or destroyed and everyone reduced down to atomized individuals and their "lifestyle" choices, that will be the end of organized political opposition to anything.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 2

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I wouldn't wish that, even on the US.

Careful, DE, they'll pounce you. :p

The biggest supporters of this has to be divorce lawyers. Nothing like expanding markets for your services to get you behind a cause!

If the government passed a law that said all public buildings must have WiFi I might have to check my Libertarian principles at the door!  :lol:

Indeed, every man has his price :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Actually I know you're joking but I've probably had more experience with gay men than most heterosexual people. From a guy walking straight up to me and kissing me in a club, to "offers" of all sorts. Unpleasant all of it, like any unwanted attention, but nothing to lose sleep over.

Its the pseudo "pro-gay" politics that piss me off.

Hopefully you decked the guy that kissed you, heh, good course of action if anyone does that.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hopefully you decked the guy that kissed you, heh, good course of action if anyone does that.

Actually I was sorta stunned. I wasn't looking in his direction so he rolled a critical hit. The upon realizing it was in fact a critical miss, he disappeared into the crowd so fast you'd think he does it for a living.

@Gorgon:

I'm not that good looking, and I'd happily exchange all the male attention for a busty blonde or two. I can pass all the gay guy's numbers I get to you though if you want to get all Scandinavian on them.