Dragon Age: Inquisition

People People, can't we have a serious conversation about a Bioware game?

Also, are those landscapes romanceable?

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Doesn't look or sound like my kind of thing, the more epic and awesome a plot, the less I usually find myself caring. I may buy when it's on sale, if the reviews from trusted sources are approving and of course if it's not restricted to Origins.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I hope they listened to my suggestions during DA2 and implemented bromances. Instead of a sex scene you get a hi-five and a fistbump.
  • Like 4
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The horror!

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

I hope they listened to my suggestions during DA2 and implemented bromances. Instead of a sex scene you get a hi-five and a fistbump.

Nah, has to be the Predator handshake. Much better than a brofist.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

predator-handshake-o.gif

I would buy the game just for that.

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Already implemented in ME3. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Isn't being an Inquisitor in a Bioware game going to be a bit difficult, if not downright kinky? Fifty Shades of Dragon Age.

CHARNAME: Tell me the truth, dog! Lest I have your fingernails pulled out.

Hot Pansexual Elf (HPE): You'd like that, wouldn't you?

CHARNAME: You would too, admit it!

HPE: Are those golden nipple clamps? (+50 Approval)

CHARNAME: Yes, yes they are...

* Fades to black *

• Like 6

sonsofgygax.JPG

Their games aren't that loopy, come on now. Their fans are, but that's another situation.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Their games aren't that loopy, come on now. Their fans are, but that's another situation.

The fans... and the haters.

• Like 1

I'm beginning to suspect that Monte Carlo is actually David Gaider.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Hm wouldn't say their 'haters' (I hate that term) are loopy, but then again I haven't watched closely for them. Nothing as insane as ID or romancers anyway.

Well there was the bad words thrown at the Helper woman, I guess that is something.

predator-handshake-o.gif

I would buy the game just for that.

I literally just told a cindesigner that he needs to make this happen.

• Like 7

I doubt it, he seems too much of a "Bioware-Basher". He is too critical to be David Gaider

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I doubt it, he seems too much of a "Bioware-Basher". He is too critical to be David Gaider

That's why its the perfect disguise - who'd ever suspect?

Its better than "Clark Kent Glasses"!

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

That's why its the perfect disguise - who'd ever suspect?

Its better than "Clark Kent Glasses"!

:lol: Good one

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yes, I am Dave's sock-puppet masochist account where I bash myself up.... for pleasure.

:biggrin:

John Milton 

Hm wouldn't say their 'haters' (I hate that term) are loopy, but then again I haven't watched closely for them. Nothing as insane as ID or romancers anyway.

Well there was the bad words thrown at the Helper woman, I guess that is something.

Yes, just like hipsters hate the term hipster.

DA2 was horrible garbage. I'm glad I didn't buy it.  I have no idea what I'm going to do when DA3 comes out.  Like many posters here, it's my opinion that BioWare has jumped the shark with all of the romance nonsense and now they're just making dating simulators.  And it seems like all of this has come at the expense of making good RPGs with actual RPG elements.  

Which is cool and all, if that is the market they are trying corner.  It is just a little disappointing. BGII is one of the best games ever made, period.  And it is sad to see the stuff they are producing now.

• Like 2

Yes, just like hipsters hate the term hipster.

Wait, since when do I hate Bioware ?

Yes, I am Dave's sock-puppet masochist account where I bash myself up.... for pleasure.

When you finish a round of bashing, do you "romance" the sock puppet?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands