Dragon Age III / The Witcher 3 trailers. Impressions?

Rahelron

54 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about these games?

• They will both be great.
    • TW3 will be good/great, DA3 will not.
    • DA3 will be good/great, TW2 will not.
    • They will both suck.

I know there are some Witcher fans that have concerns because CDPR have very much bought into the console platform, something they weren't expecting.

I fully expected it.  They're out to make money, after all, as they should be.  The supposed "consolization" of TW2 doesn't bother me, nor does the further embracing of consoles by CDPR.  If and when the PC version becomes a second class citizen, then I'll worry, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, if I get to it.  Yeah, TW2 was clearly made with a controller in mind.  I see nothing wrong with that.  The style of gameplay in the game naturally lends itself to a controller.  Maybe I'm less bothered by this because I didn't play TW1 with isometric camera, I always went for third person camera anyway.  It just felt better.  I always looked at the series as an action RPG and action games quite often just work better on a controller.  That's not selling out, that's utilizing the best tool for the job.  With that said, I also played TW2 with m&kb and had no problems whatsoever.  The UI and menus...  well, they sucked no matter if you were using a controller of m&kb, that's an area that definitely needs improvement.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Does anyone know if they made a PC friendly version of the inventory for TW2?

And has anyone played the game with a controller?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Does anyone know if they made a PC friendly version of the inventory for TW2?

And has anyone played the game with a controller?

First question:  No, the inventory screen sucks no matter what control setup or platform you use.

Second question:  Yes, I have played it with a 360 controller and I prefer it to m&kb, though m&kb is fine.  It plays really well with a controller, it was clearly designed for one.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Well, when I get around to playing it I'll just use my PS2 DualShock I suppose.

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/06/15/bioware-gm-aaryn-flynn-reflects-on-e3-2013/

Guys a little information about DA3, so it seems  like its an invasion from the Fade :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

[AMF]: Dragon Age: Inquisition will launch in the Fall of 2014 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360. We’ve shown Varric, a Qunari (who has a name, we’re just not releasing it yet!), Cassandra, and Morrigan.

With the breach of the Fade happening in the sky, demons have poured out and created a pretty big problem for the Inquisitor, the character you will play. You’ll have to cover huge areas of Thedas to uncover what happened. As you do, the choices you make will impact the world and bring everything to an ultimate conclusion.

Translation:

You will grind your way through five enemy models with different names in very similar caves, but if that's a bit TL;DR you can just hit the 'forward to badly rendered sex-scene' with your pan-sexual LI, which now includes an inanimate object for our fans who wish to experience love with a vase or a sack of rocks. If this wasn't enough your Inquisitor will hop aboard what we are calling the 'mine-cart of exposition' which is a series of cut-scenes that allows you to be splashed with the orgasmic ectoplasm of Dave Gaider's Joss Wheedon fantasy!

All this plus EXCLAMATION MARK DLC!

* squeegasm *

• Like 5

sonsofgygax.JPG

[AMF]: Dragon Age: Inquisition will launch in the Fall of 2014 on PC, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and Xbox 360. We’ve shown Varric, a Qunari (who has a name, we’re just not releasing it yet!), Cassandra, and Morrigan.

With the breach of the Fade happening in the sky, demons have poured out and created a pretty big problem for the Inquisitor, the character you will play. You’ll have to cover huge areas of Thedas to uncover what happened. As you do, the choices you make will impact the world and bring everything to an ultimate conclusion.

Translation:

You will grind your way through five enemy models with different names in very similar caves, but if that's a bit TL;DR you can just hit the 'forward to badly rendered sex-scene' with your pan-sexual LI, which now includes an inanimate object for our fans who wish to experience love with a vase or a sack of rocks. If this wasn't enough your Inquisitor will hop aboard what we are calling the 'mine-cart of exposition' which is a series of cut-scenes that allows you to be splashed with the orgasmic ectoplasm of Dave Gaider's Joss Wheedon fantasy!

All this plus EXCLAMATION MARK DLC!

* squeegasm *

I may not agree with most of what you say but you do make me laugh :biggrin:

"which now includes an inanimate object for our fans who wish to experience love with a vase or a sack of rocks"

love with a vase or a sack of rocks...classic :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Can't see what exactly the danger is in an invasion from the Fade, demons and abominations in the last two games could be banished by the coughing of an asthmatic ninety year old. Unless they're aiming on blinding a vast majority of the populace through blurred textures.

• Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Can't see what exactly the danger is in an invasion from the Fade, demons and abominations in the last two games could be banished by the coughing of an asthmatic ninety year old. Unless they're aiming on blinding a vast majority of the populace through blurred textures.

:grin:

You've raised a good point but I suppose we don't know  how many creatures or how powerful the creatures from the fade will be?

There will more than likely be new "fade races"

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

I think the idea - at least as I get it - is that this is a "doorway opened to the Fade in the Sky" as opposed to "magicians calling demons forth from the fade" or "mages being possessed by demons from the fade" which was the whole reason mages were feared and such.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Yes, new 'fade races' you can have sex with.

Correct, and Monte you know I'm a big supporter of Romance\Sex in my RPG :yes:

John Milton 

Didn't all the abominations look the same in DA:O?  Melty-faced?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hawt desire abomination on sloth abomination love scenes.

I am talking about the desire demons, they can be hot. You even have the option to have sex with one in DA:O :fdevil:

John Milton 

Eh?

Hawt desire abomination on sloth abomination love scenes.

I am talking about the desire demons, they can be hot. You even have the option to have sex with one in DA:O :fdevil:

I don't remember anything like that in DA:O.  Possibly I missed it because I wasn't seeking such, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSKBh1eg-tA

I think he means that ?

Yeah that looks right

John Milton 

I wonder what's wrong with the people behind DA's graphics. They looked a generation behind everything else. CDP's modified Aurora engine looked equivalent or better than DA (without even going into its superior design). Comparisons between TW2 and DA2 aren't even worth going into.

You have the ME team on one hand doing a great job with graphical design, and the DA team making an game that's arguably uglier than almost any RPG released in the last half of the decade. Even MMO's like Age of Conan make DA look like a fan project. 

And why the obsession with the washed out reds and browns in the color palette?

I wonder what's wrong with the people behind DA's graphics. They looked a generation behind everything else. CDP's modified Aurora engine looked equivalent or better than DA (without even going into its superior design). Comparisons between TW2 and DA2 aren't even worth going into.

You have the ME team on one hand doing a great job with graphical design, and the DA team making an game that's arguably uglier than almost any RPG released in the last half of the decade. Even MMO's like Age of Conan make DA look like a fan project. 

While ME was far from cutting edge, I will agree that the difference in design quality between the two franchises (ME and DA) is quite noticeable.  Did they use the same engine for both series? (Unreal Engine?)

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I think the idea - at least as I get it - is that this is a "doorway opened to the Fade in the Sky" as opposed to "magicians calling demons forth from the fade" or "mages being possessed by demons from the fade" which was the whole reason mages were feared and such.

What i don't like about this is that can become a cop out. " oh, a gate to the fade is open and we need the mages help to close it and templars to fight the demons. Let's unite and fight the archdemon Flemeth the BIGBAD.

The templar-mage war was the only element in any Bioware game in the last decade with no clear black and white solution, and i was curious how Bioware would deal with it.

ME used UE3, DA used Eclipse (an inhouse one).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

While ME was far from cutting edge, I will agree that the difference in design quality between the two franchises (ME and DA) is quite noticeable.  Did they use the same engine for both series? (Unreal Engine?)

Notice I said "design", meaning artistic design, not commenting on the tech itself (which looked better than DA regardless).