Xbox 720 Reveal

How can you call the third iteration Xbox 1?

#baffled

I'm also trying to make sense of their numbering scheme...

XBOX > XBOX360 > XBOX One

What comes next?  XBOX ThreeSixty?

#WTF!?

XBOX One, as for "One box for all entertainment". Quite simple and intuitive, actually.

Cue LOTR "one ring" references in 3... 2...1...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Any news about perma-online? This is the deal-breaker.

Apparently games are tied in to accounts, because they need to be installed on to the HD. It basically sounds like to need to be hooked up to the internet to activate your game. The disc will be nothing more than an install disc.

How can you call the third iteration Xbox 1?

#baffled

Microsoft's marketing department:

dumb_dumber.jpg

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Of course they will. Everything worthwhile on the Xbox ends up on the PC anyway.

Does the casing remind anyone of the bulky 90's VCR's?

My take: apart from the voice and gesture command there is exactly 0 new things about the new Xbox.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Any news about perma-online? This is the deal-breaker.

Don Matrick just did an interview outside of the presentation. No always-online for this.

Have to wonder if Microsoft refrained from giving a solid release date to revise the machine to take this out after the Orth debacle.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Got a good laugh out that COD presentation, what with all the mentioning of innovation (you can lean now ?) and creativity. Engine is better, so that's something I suppose.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't understand the stupid rumour about always online, the answer to that is and always has been "obviously not". Registered to one account and prohibiting used games however, that's highly likely, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what will happen with the PS4 as well. Despite EA saying "we're not going to be doing online passes any more".

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

I love how they don't even mention the CPU, or the GPU, or if that 8GB is shared with it.

1.jpg

Well played, Microsoft.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

There we have it:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play," a Microsoft representative told Wired.The company added that, once discs are installed on the hard drive, games can be played without a disc being in the tray.The Wired article then elaborates: "What follows naturally from this is that each disc would have to be tied to a unique Xbox Live account, else you could take a single disc and pass it between everyone you know and copy the game over and over. Since this is clearly not going to happen, each disc must then only install for a single owner."

It added: "Microsoft did say that if a disc was used with a second account, that owner would be given the option to pay a fee and install the game from the disc, which would then mean that the new account would also own the game and could play it without the disc."Microsoft did not disclose what the second-user fee would amount too, and did not clarify further on the matter. The article claims that there is no sweeping 'always-online' requirement for future Xbox One games.

If anybody on this forum catches me playing a CoD game, ever, they have my permission to beat me to death with a sock-full of loose change.

Can i rob you blind afterwards? :)

1.13 killed off Ja2.

The "One?"

Xbox : Highlander. There can be only ONE!

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oooohhh! It just keeps getting better!

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4350662/new-xbox-has-no-backwards-compatibilty

One extra reason to get South Park for the XBox instead of the PS3 (download) or PC.... Or not.

1.jpg

Well played, Microsoft. Well Played.

Edited by babaganoosh13