What you did today

Rosbjerg

With my current exercise schedule each muscle group gets 3-4 days of rest before it is used again, definitely enough time to regenerate even the large groups like thighs and pecs. I only do one day cardio / week though, I tried doing cardio more often (cycling) but this resulted in my leg muscles getting super-hard and swollen, even 4 days after leg-day. Though my cycling routes are pretty tough, the terrain here is extremely hilly.

I'm not too sure if cardio every single day would be possible, I imagine I'd get mineral deficiencies all over the place because I cant make up for the loss every day.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

*pokes her belly* Down 7 pounds, 8-10 more to go.

I'd like to thank the lucky genetics that make it fairly easy for me to lose weight, when those middle-age fluctuations get a bit ahead of me. Which is more often than I'd like the past 5 years. :lol: I could blame all my various ailments (upper spine, leg joints, finger arthritis), but mostly, I just became too lazy to work hard enough to stay in fighting trim.

I still know how to rumba tho. And polka. There is nothing like dashing around the room doing a basic polka. At least as the female. It's like I'm flyin'. Not that I'm doing any polka at the moment...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, today I put in the application for that promotion possibility I mentioned a few pages back. 

And tomorrow, a dumpster is getting delivered to my driveway so that the demolition phase of our kitchen relocation project can take place next week. 

I'm tired. And now I'll be spending the weekend carrying the entire contents of that part of the house into the basement. 

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, today I put in the application for that promotion possibility I mentioned a few pages back. 

And tomorrow, a dumpster is getting delivered to my driveway so that the demolition phase of our kitchen relocation project can take place next week. 

I'm tired. And now I'll be spending the weekend carrying the entire contents of that part of the house into the basement. 

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

So far, not well-- the guy couldn't make the turn to get the dumpster up our driveway.  We need to order a smaller one instead. 

On the job thing, they announced at 5:45 yesterday that the deadline was extended a week.  Which was annoying, considering that I was up rather late Wednesday night putting my materials together. 

I just realised that I've been sniffling like a trapped terrier, my throat's dry and I'm running a temperature. I can't afford the time to be sick just now!!!!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My neighbors are having a long, loud screaming match in their front yard. Being a private type of person, I'll never understand people who do that. Sometimes you yell and it might be muffled-hearable outside the walls, but running into the yard and screaming at each other for 15 minutes like deranged folk ...definitely not my style. :biggrin:

In other news ... made an appt. to have my knees/joints looked at. Just to be safe/make sure there isn't anything extra serious going on that I don't know about. Hubby's cousin got RA in her late 20's and had her knees replaced in her late 30's ... so for once I'd like to hear the docs say "yup, just regular ol' arthritis, go home." :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good luck with both Enoch.

Going home tomorrow. It's been a long week. No more road trips until June. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Urf. Well I think the worst of this week's horrible flu is over and is slowly departing...  Just feel incredibly drained and need to get some energy back this weekend. That and hope my sleep cycle isn't too twisted up from the nights stuck awake and the days stuck dozing in and out..

Enjoying the fresh cup of tea and trying to figure out what needs dealing with on this sunny weekend.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just repaired the holiest place in my house - the shower! Removed the old silicone gap filler between shower floor and wall, removed some dirt, polished the surfaces and filled it up with lots of new silicone. I also cleaned the rest of the shower with steel wool. I wish there was less chalk in the water, it makes cleaning a chore.

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

Forcing my brain along like an undead mule today. Hope I'm not prolonging the illness.

Took plenty of outdoors breaks and ate as many chillis as possible.

-Elwood Blues

Just read some odd news. 

A man in a village in Serbia Montenegro strangled a bear with his bare hands. It attacked his flock of sheep and he charged it with an axe which was knocked out of his hands. He's in hospital now having suffered serious injuries to his hands and the rest of his body, but his life isn't in danger. His wife found him all bloody in the field.

Apparently he held the bear's throat until it asphyxiated.

That's some donkey balls for you.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Made 25 bucka at our complex-wide garage sale so far. We have 35 units in the complex and 6 decided to participate.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Steel wool to clean a shower? Must be hard tile? Don't think I'd use that on white porcelain. Do you have hard water? Limeaway works well.

About to eat some lunch then lie down and watch the rest of Netflix's House of Cards series. I started it a while back and never actually quite finished it. Had to read some episode recaps to remember the gist, now I'm ready.

Still ill, but think fever has broken.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

I think it's pretty well established that we all want to kill you already. May as well add fuel to the fire. :)

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Managed, through the sheer brilliance of my now most awesome best friend and wingman, whom I love and shall always be indebted to.. To have 2 girls (1 of them the scratcher) fight over who would got to come home with me, took one and the number from the other.. These girls were so mindbogglingly out of my league that it's not even funny. I now feel invincible and in sore need of a reality check. But it doesn't stop there - as I was making my choice..

I had them both on each arm, staring each other down, while I was contemplating the inherent injustice of the universe and my extremely unfair luck.. when a third came over and asked (without looking at the girls) if I wanted to take her home.. My mind exploded in what can only be explained as an implosion of time and instant ego big bang.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Still ill, but think fever has broken.

At least it didn't linger the week.. ;)

I managed to get to sleep around 3am. And then something decided to wake me up around 6ish. So since it was a sunday I decided to say sod it and linger in bed a bit. Of course, then the cat decided to be a noisy begger and wander in and start jumping around my bedroom....

For some reason my mind's gone a bit circular on some random Pathfinder stuff that I glanced at, and I caught an advert for NTSF-SD:SUV which looks just a wee bit mad. "National Terrorism Strike Force - San Diego: Sports Utility Vehicle". Looks like some 15 minute episodic pisstake of all those crime procedurals, with a very strange Kate Mulgrew leading the cast, and an amazing collection of guest stars.

I might have to track down an episode to watch.

Hm, too many birthdays this month, I'm running on the edge of broken budget...

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Managed, through the sheer brilliance of my now most awesome best friend and wingman, whom I love and shall always be indebted to.. To have 2 girls (1 of them the scratcher) fight over who would got to come home with me, took one and the number from the other.. These girls were so mindbogglingly out of my league that it's not even funny. I now feel invincible and in sore need of a reality check. But it doesn't stop there - as I was making my choice..

I had them both on each arm, staring each other down, while I was contemplating the inherent injustice of the universe and my extremely unfair luck.. when a third came over and asked (without looking at the girls) if I wanted to take her home.. My mind exploded in what can only be explained as an implosion of time and instant ego big bang.

Now THAT"S a great story. I don't want to bring you down Ros but it would have been a better one if you'd convinced all three to come home with you! ;)

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Well played, Rosbif. Well played.

-Elwood Blues