Have been watching Strike Back over the last week or so and halfway through Season 3 at the moment. Awesome show.

Interestingly, this series started at Season 2 in the U.S. and is referred to as Season 1 in America. Mainly because Cinemax didn't have the rights to the original Season 1 at the time. And Season 1 will be titled Strike Back: Origins when it eventually airs in the U.S.

I'd suggest starting at the original Season 1 (as per imdb) because the start of Season 2 has a huge spoiler for the main character from Season 1.

Season 1 is available in the US on Blue-Ray.  It's called Chris Ryan's Strike Back.  The current pricing is ridiculous (48$ on Amazon).  Although the discs are supposed to be all region compatable, they are 1080i/50 which won't play on all players.   

Interesting. Because according to this article, Cinemax is to air original UK 'Strike Back' season as 'Strike Back: Origins'. So the first season is on DVD under Chris Ryan's Strike Back but will be called Stike Back: Origins on TV in the U.S. :lol:

Great.  So after it airs on Cinemax people in the US will be able to buy a region 1 DVD version and possibly a Blu-ray version that will really play on all players.  I'm in.  :grin:  

LOL @ Prince Broody McBroodypants

I dropped my ice cream spoon after Skye ran across the lawn in a red, wet dress. zomfg

So who is the new villian? A gravity-based bad guy bent on getting revenge on Coulsen, looks like. And Coulsen is definitely not himself. He is dead, and there's a robot, or hologram, or something in his place. 

Edit: er, I see my Marvel knowledge is a failing grade

Yeah the villain is known as, Graviton, in Marvel U (so we get our first super-villain origin, potentially).

In the marvel comics universe, they have things called Life Model Decoys, its possible they'll introduce it here (but I think its lame in the comics, so...). Another going theory is they copied Phil's brainwave pattern and put it in an android (ala the Vision in comics).

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ah, thank you. All of this Marvel backstory makes me appreciate how entertaining AoS is, even for those of us without the lore. The only scenario I couldn't stomach would be if Coulsen's death was faked. What would be groovy, is if they reveal the truth in Thor: The Dark World.  

All Stop. On Screen.

Ah, thank you. All of this Marvel backstory makes me appreciate how entertaining AoS is, even for those of us without the lore. The only scenario I couldn't stomach would be if Coulsen's death was faked. What would be groovy, is if they reveal the truth in Thor: The Dark World.

I would say they wouldn't go for a faked death thing. LMD, clone, or resurrection is the most likely.

I would really like to see Taskmaster show up in an episode or two.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Tried to watch the third episode of AoS and lost interest when the hacker went to the party. Remotely interesting that the pilot references Coulson's death, which is somewhat explained here.

AHS Coven: Some awesome and some stupid.

I thought it was pretty strange that the girl whos power it is to screw you to death ( :lol:) had no problem committing a random murder over something that didn't even effect her, all for a person shes known for one day. The human voodoo doll was a pretty cool spin.

Tried to watch the third episode of AoS and lost interest when the hacker went to the party. Remotely interesting that the pilot references Coulson's death, which is somewhat explained here.

Eh, I wouldn't say that really explains it. Besides, does that mean you missed the bit where Coulson is trying to figure out how come he doesn't seem to have some muscle memory he used to have? That tends to suggest things like clone or LMD more then purely a faked death...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Eh, I wouldn't say that really explains it. Besides, does that mean you missed the bit where Coulson is trying to figure out how come he doesn't seem to have some muscle memory he used to have? That tends to suggest things like clone or LMD more then purely a faked death...

as a plot device, clones suck almost as much as amnesia and time travel.  well, not all clone tv episodes is bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYmWRNZ_0ys

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

IIRC cloning in the Marvel Universe isn't a good way to go - most clones are inherently unstable and degenerate physically (IIRC).  I'm assuming they'd keep that in the Marvel Movie-Verse

Androids/Robots - LMD, Golden Age Human Torch, Tara, LMD, M1-The Killer Robot, Machine Man, Death's Head, MODOK, Arnim Zola, Vision, Jocasta all fairly reliable and probably the way to go.  Or cyborgs like Deathlok.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Can they all bleed and mimic injuries and bruising?

My knowledge is really lacking about this stuff

Some of them can.  IIRC Human Torch (and his derivatives, like Tara) could.

• Like 1

Watched The Tomorrow People on the CW last night; it had pretty decent effects and a young hottie cast. The background story seemed like a variant of Jumper, with a plot twist or two.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

IIRC cloning in the Marvel Universe isn't a good way to go - most clones are inherently unstable and degenerate physically (IIRC).  I'm assuming they'd keep that in the Marvel Movie-Verse

IIRC, it depends on the tech and process used for cloning. High Evolutionary had been able to do it well, while Jackal(arguably one of the more prolific makers of clones) would usually produce subjects that were unstable, like Kaine.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Watched The Tomorrow People on the CW last night; it had pretty decent effects and a young hottie cast. The background story seemed like a variant of Jumper, with a plot twist or two.

Well it's based on an old 70's British sci-fi show that ran for about 6 years, so I'm curious to see how it'll shape up with a modern American turn.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Am I thick, or is the name Jaime Moriarty a new character reveal on Elementary. Is it just Irene's real name? I'm slightly confused, but it's good that Holmes feels like a real character. The pat on the shoulder after Watson lifts the watch was neat, and the subtext dialogue between them really shows a bond. Her line at the end and then Jonny's pensive look before he reads the letter ... good stuff.  

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

From the Producer of the Walking Dead -

Mob City (starting Dec 4, 2013 on TNT)

It's about ****ing time. I'm sick to death of the Godfather bull****. We need more sleazy paranoid halfwit mobsters  on TV.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The Agents of Shield pilot may have been some silly fun, but the 2nd episode that I watched was less so. I was mostly bored, actually.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Agents of Shield pilot may have been some silly fun, but the 2nd episode that I watched was less so. I was mostly bored, actually.

It was necessary though. Pilot just had a bunch of random people put together. 2nd episode was about them becoming a team, and while it wasn't executed all that well, the 3rd episode they felt less like random people thrust together.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think my main problem is that Coulson and that Asian actress (Ming-Na Wen) are the only chrs. I like/don't annoy me. :p

...I didn't like Fringe or NCIS either, which AoS sorta brings to mind for some reason.

Edit: Also, Big Bang theory. I still love this show. Yea, I know, it has a terrible laugh track, but I don't care. Watching Amy and Howard do a car/sing dance to Neil Diamond while driving would make me LOL regardless.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think my main problem is that Coulson and that Asian actress (Ming-Na Wen) are the only chrs. I like/don't annoy me. :p

...I didn't like Fringe or NCIS either, which AoS sorta brings to mind for some reason.

Edit: Also, Big Bang theory. I still love this show. Yea, I know, it has a terrible laugh track, but I don't care. Watching Amy and Howard do a car/sing dance to Neil Diamond while driving would make me LOL regardless.

I don't get the problem with laugh tracks. I find comedies without them feel uncomfortable. Only ones I've been able to enjoy were Better off Ted and Outsourced.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Just found out Copper didn't get renewed for a 3rd season. Disappointing because while season 2 started off weak and the dynamic of last season was screwed up due to Corky finding his wife, and his partner being tossed in jail, its halfway through the season now and he kicked his wife out and his partner got reinstated so I was hoping it would pick up again.

Devastatorsig.jpg