No, they don't have any HBO. HBO has their own streaming service only available to cable subscribers

actually, they do. is no streaming the current stuff, but shows that has been released on dvd is available from netflix via various methods.

we just checked and all 5 seasons o' the wire is available via disc, at the very least.

HA! Good Fun! 

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'd buy you a gift subscription, but it only lets me buy one for the US.

The thought alone is immensely gratefully received. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Netflix will basically keep you in TV shows until you cry uncle and give up.

Including Burn Notice which is a PHENOMINAL tv show.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

No, they don't have any HBO. HBO has their own streaming service only available to cable subscribers

actually, they do. is no streaming the current stuff, but shows that has been released on dvd is available from netflix via various methods.

we just checked and all 5 seasons o' the wire is available via disc, at the very least.

HA! Good Fun!

You know, I completely forgot Netflix was a dvd by mail service.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Talking about excellent but older TV series, has anyone seen The Shield with Vic Mackey as the main character. He is almost an anti-hero.

I can't stress enough how brilliant this series is, its dark and the cops really cross the line in order to enforce the law. But it is the best cop series I have ever seen :)

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah I enjoyed SHIELD. Glad they got the team building out of the way. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There is a very angry snake on a plane in this week's Agents of SHIELD ... perhaps even furious. 

Still loving Agent May more than anyone else. All stoic and badass and long legs, damn. 

"Yeah, we're going to have to kill the fish tank..."

Edit:

Oh and for the random interest, Executive Produces Whedon and Tancharoen gave a walk through about each character to TV Guide

TVGuide - Meet the Agents of Shield

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

AoS has been pretty great. I'm thinking that the Rising Tide ends up being a front for HYDRA.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

RE:SHIELD and Coulson

Coulson is surrounded by objects that represent things he loves or memories he has of his past...

...do you think he'd pass the Voight-Kampff test from BLADE RUNNER...?

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There is a very angry snake on a plane in this week's Agents of SHIELD ... perhaps even furious. 

Still loving Agent May more than anyone else. All stoic and badass and long legs, damn. 

Yup, definitely a step up from River in the mandatory "strong female character" department.

Otherwise, kind of a 'meh' episode, but hey, the first season of Buffy was also pretty crap, so there's that.

"Lulz is not the highest aspiration of art and mankind, no matter what the Encyclopedia Dramatica says."

Dammit, was that on last night? I need to remember to set my DVR. :(

we watched the episode last night and were unimpressed. it were very familiar to us, and not in a good way. were almost exact like A-team tv show. wont ruin it for you, but am not joking in the least. only 2 differences is more women on the team, and there is death 'stead o people scrambling-out-o'-the-burning-car-just-in-time as were a-team typical. it were campy and so far the chemistry is lacking. wheedon really likes buffy and cant let go. all his shows got a super-powered girl that kicks arse but just needs a hug. were kinda intrigued that current incarnation can drink legally in any state. am getting that ming na is 'posed to be wooden, 'stead 'o just teen perky or brain damaged, but somehow she is even less interesting than the previous buffys.

am gonna tap out on this one fellas. yeah, we know it is gonna be a big success, but we already seen this decades ago with mister t, dirk benedict, george peppard and dwight schultz. 

HA! Good Fun!

ps am admitting we needed to look-up dwight's name.

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Ive only seen the pilot episode so far so I haven't gotten a good feel if this has staying power.

Also watched the 2nd (3rd?) episode of Sleepy Hollow with the sleep demon. Meh, but Ill watch a few more episodes and see what develops.

Yeah its not an American Horror Story, I'm enjoying Sleepy Hollow but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes it past season 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Yeah its not an American Horror Story, I'm enjoying Sleepy Hollow but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it makes it past season 1

Just one more week. OhboyOhboyOhboy.

Aside, my subliminal suggestion detector exploded when viewing the "snake in three mouths" picture.

Holy Smoke its going to be amazing and I was right there will be hot, seductive witches !!! :fdevil:

John Milton 

Ive only seen the pilot episode so far so I haven't gotten a good feel if this has staying power.

Also watched the 2nd (3rd?) episode of Sleepy Hollow with the sleep demon. Meh, but Ill watch a few more episodes and see what develops.

So far Sleepy Hollow has had good ratings - only being beaten by THE VOICE's second hour (putting it past ABC's Dancing with the Stars, CBS's 9:00 comedies or whatever the CW is showing).

Unless it plummets in the next few months, I'd think its looking good for renewal.

So far Sleepy Hollow has had good ratings - only being beaten by THE VOICE's second hour (putting it past ABC's Dancing with the Stars, CBS's 9:00 comedies or whatever the CW is showing).

Unless it plummets in the next few months, I'd think its looking good for renewal.

That is interesting and good to know :)

John Milton 

Watched some of the network new series premieres.

Michael J. Fox's show ... not as sitcom-y as I was expecting, which isn't good or bad, just not what I was envisioning. Fox himself is fine/great as always, but not convinced about the show itself. I did find myself shouting "Marie!" once, tho. The actress playing Fox's wife is Marie from Breaking Bad. Cool to see her do something less...tormented.  :)

Robin William's show - oh man when he adlibs stuff, he's so hilarious. But kinda like with the Fox show, the jist of the series is a bit dubious. Williams is the only reason to watch, I'd guess.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts