Started watchig Broadchurch. I like how they don't just focus on the police investigation but show how the murder affects the family and the rest of the town.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have started watching  Mad Men for the first time and of course its well worth all the accolades it received.

Its fascinating to see the blatant level of sexism that was prevalent and institutionalized in the 1960's and also how everyone smokes. Its great to see how society has progressed

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I couldn't get into Mad Men. Breaking Bad seems to be the only one of their acclaimed shows that has actually been able to keep my interest.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I couldn't get into Mad Men. Breaking Bad seems to be the only one of their acclaimed shows that has actually been able to keep my interest.

Interesting but I do think Breaking Bad is superior

What about Walking Dead?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Interesting but I do think Breaking Bad is superior

What about Walking Dead?

I read the comics first, so many of the changes pissed me off and season two was just so terrible that I stopped watching.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I have started watching  Mad Men for the first time and of course its well worth all the accolades it received.

Its fascinating to see the blatant level of sexism that was prevalent and institutionalized in the 1960's and also how everyone smokes. Its great to see how society has progressed

I recently finished series 1-3.

I think it was undersold with the smoking and sex etc. Or maybe, like an old fashioned, it's about how they are mixed.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

After helping load boxes into the cars for my sister, I thought I'd take a break and catchup on the season finale of Top Gear.

The F-type Jag does look quite glorious.. and they ended with a look at the motor industry in the UK. Looking at the figures of 1 in 3 Fords sold world-wide have an engine made in the UK plant, 70% of Motor Sports R&D apparently occurs here, various facts and figures.. Before having an incredibly over the top, national pride boomph of gathering all the "products" made by a company in the UK in London outside Buckingham Palace. Sports cars, family cars, tractors, lorries, buses, hearses, jcb's, armoured vehicles, icecream vans etc. From one end of the Mall to the other.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Breaking Bad - yeehaw. Hank was awesome in this one. Good way to start the 2nd half of the season. Is it weird that I'm still sorta rooting for Walt even tho he's become what he's become? Not that I think he's a good guy anymore or anything, but I still think he's going to go down doing something that's almost an atonement. But not quite...just almost. :biggrin:

Here's my guesses about Jessie:

His guilt is going to make him crack and spill the beans to Hank or somebody else, resulting in some kind of hooha...or that woman who's taken over the business from Walt (I guess?) is going to use him to try to get Walt back to work, and Walt's going to try to rescue him.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I realized I'm an immature teenage girl at heart.. Cause I'm laughing so hard at "New Girl" that I'm crying.. I feel good and bad.. *sob*

Also watching season 3-5 on The Next Generation to keep my neerdyness at a sufficient level.

Fortune favors the bald.

I realized I'm an immature teenage girl at heart.. Cause I'm laughing so hard at "New Girl" that I'm crying.. I feel good and bad.. *sob*

Also watching season 3-5 on The Next Generation to keep my neerdyness at a sufficient level.

Relax, man. I diagnose an overdoes of all those female hormones you bathe in.

I prescribe a 3lb rare steak, chargrilled, and staring at a live grizzly bear for ten minutes daily.

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Breaking Bad - yeehaw. Hank was awesome in this one. Good way to start the 2nd half of the season. Is it weird that I'm still sorta rooting for Walt even tho he's become what he's become? Not that I think he's a good guy anymore or anything, but I still think he's going to go down doing something that's almost an atonement. But not quite...just almost. :biggrin:

Here's my guesses about Jessie:

His guilt is going to make him crack and spill the beans to Hank or somebody else, resulting in some kind of hooha...or that woman who's taken over the business from Walt (I guess?) is going to use him to try to get Walt back to work, and Walt's going to try to rescue him.

The "Hello, Carol" moment was amazing.  I'm so psyched that the final stretch has begun and also sad, because the best show I've ever watched is almost over.  The Walt and Hank showdown has begun.  **** is about to go down.  I think in the end

Jesse will kill Walt

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

carol.gif

First frame leading to other images like a gurning cat, in five... four... three.. two...

-Elwood Blues

The guy playing Hank should really get an Emmy nomination nod, for once.

@Keyrock - yeah, that's a possible ending scenario. There's also ...

...the Todd angle. One assumes it's his idiocy at fault for the meth quality going badly downhill, and who knows how that will play out. I notice the actor playing Todd has moved up to main-cast credit, even tho he wasn't in this first episode. So I'm guessing he has some significant role to play at some point, and we know he's a bit nuts...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm watching the first episodes of Breaking Bad again, and I must say that this series is one of the best I've ever seen. Bryan Cranston is pure genius. I'm eagerly awaiting the last eight episodes here in Europe, and no; I don't live in the UK or on Ireland, since then I'd been glued to the TV-set.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I'm going to watch Breaking Bad and Archer on Netflix. Both shows are golden.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

I've just half the first and only season of House of Cards, and I must say it's quite entertaining. It's Machiavellian and cleverly written, with Frank Underwood (the ever brilliant Kevin Spacey) talking to us viewers on occasion, updating us on machinations and tactics. Also, it's not entirely realistic, on purpose, the writers let the characters where their unconscious on their sleeves, and they speak what normally is read between the lines.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I've just half the first and only season of House of Cards, and I must say it's quite entertaining. It's Machiavellian and cleverly written, with Frank Underwood (the ever brilliant Kevin Spacey) talking to us viewers on occasion, updating us on machinations and tactics. Also, it's not entirely realistic, on purpose, the writers let the characters where their unconscious on their sleeves, and they speak what normally is read between the lines.

The pilot was just two guys making sidelong glances at each other for 90 minutes.

-Elwood Blues

You might think that, Walsingham, you might very well think that, but I could not possibly comment.

I haven't seem the US version yet and how much it follows the brit one/ books but since the second was 'To Play the King' I wonder how they could have had a plausible US version/ 2nd season.

been intending to hit Netflix up for Breaking Bad, but got distracted by "Bar Rescue". It's basically Kitchen Nightmares except with bars and nightclubs and booze rather than food.

It's interesting but when you watch a pile of them together you can actually tell when they had to create some form of drama to fix up. Some of the episodes are amazing, usually when the owner is messed up and has to be worked over to fix everything, but a couple it feels more like the owner was told "Well, we thought this was a mess, but it's not as much of a mess as we thought... uhh... let's shoot you being a sexist leech so you can have a transformation later!".

The reason I say this is because the first 10-15 minutes of the episode usually sticks to the owner and the constant problems of the bars. In one case, they were trying to make a point that the owner hired bartenders that were hot and let them get away with murder because "got a great ass" is an excuse. But after they get called on it, bam, everythings different.

And it falls into the same pit the American Kitchen Nightmares did... it becomes wayyy to formulaic. Although it has more variety than Ramsey, because he never uses the same concept or style twice. And it's not always just a Bar, it can be a nightclub, a dance joint, a dive bar, whatever... and he'll keep it with that same style (so you never see a nightclub get converted into a bar).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Been watchig The Colony on Netflix. Discovery channel version of survivor where they drop 10 people in post apocalyptic LA with a shoppig cart of random salvage and an abandoned factory and let them deal with findig food, water, and defending against raiders. Its fun.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Finished watching The Killing season 1.  American adaptation of the Danish series, The Crime.  Set in Seattle and centers on the murder of a teenage girl called Rosie Larsen.  Tons of plot twists.  Really good show.   Just ordered season 2 on DVD.

Has anyone been watching The White Queen (BBC/Starz) or The Fall (BBC2) with Gillian Anderson?   Looking for some feedback and brief non-spoiler reviews.  :)

• Like 1