Arcoss

How old are you?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• 10- 16(My parents don't know)
    • 17- 24
    • 25- 40
    • 41- 59
    • 60+(I was Playing video games were born!)

I think it's more nostalgia for certain ways of life is forever golden to those who lived through them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

When I was 21 or 22, (when it was brought up by her) I told my girlfriend at the time that I wasn't even going to think about having kids until I was at least 27. By then, I should be more financially secure, and have a real job under my belt. For some strange reason, I thought companies would want to hire people whom graduated in the computer field just before the dot com bubble burst, and subsequently laid off shortly after graduating, over new graduates.

We weren't together much longer after I said that. Ahh, young, stupid love.

For some reason, when I turned 27, I all of a sudden remembered that, realized that having a family wasn't even in my horizon at that point, and thought: "Dang! Time flies! it just seemed like not too long ago when I said that."

Now, I remember, remembering that, and from that time to now, I've had 3 kids, and the second is just getting ready to go to school in the fall.

A lot of stuff happens when you are 25-40.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Current age + "happy birthday" = one less lock on personal data.

With that in mind may I say  I'm 107. And my birthday is the 15th of Grune.

I don't exactly have a lock on my personal data here overall given that half the people on this board decided to shoot me in the head at one point or another.

That feeling you get when they don't even ask for your ID anymore at bars... :( (well, it happened once)

Dude... I manage a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds. Imagine how old I must feel with something like Sugar Ray or Bare Naked Ladies comes on the radio and I start rocking out while they ask who the hell is singing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Current age + "happy birthday" = one less lock on personal data.

With that in mind may I say  I'm 107. And my birthday is the 15th of Grune.

I don't exactly have a lock on my personal data here overall given that half the people on this board decided to shoot me in the head at one point or another.

>24.

That feeling you get when they don't even ask for your ID anymore at bars... :( (well, it happened once)

Dude... I manage a bunch of 15 and 16 year olds. Imagine how old I must feel with something like Sugar Ray or Bare Naked Ladies comes on the radio and I start rocking out while they ask who the hell is singing.

Also when it occurs to you that you're older than Aaliyah when she died :(

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Eh, had that wierd moment when Heath Ledger died and I realized he was only a couple of months older than I.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Eh, had that wierd moment when Heath Ledger died and I realized he was only a couple of months older than I.

I've had moments like that but they didn't affect me nearly as much as when my older brother turned 50...for some reason that's the one that really drove the "time passing" thing home for me. :)
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've had moments like that but they didn't affect me nearly as much as when my older brother turned 50...for some reason that's the one that really drove the "time passing" thing home for me. :)

See, I don't know your older brother, so his 50th birthday didn't affect me at all ;)

What usually affects me is walking through areas I used to pass through very often in the past and no longer do. Especially when someone walks past you and you realize that you have walked past this person before years ago...

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

38 :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I always feel younger than I am, because I have a habit of dating women a year or two older. Women over 25 all think they are about to die of old age, and consequently by comparison it's all good.

The one time I can recall (offhand) dating a properly younger woman it was like dating an alien. A sexy sexy alien.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

18 when i joined this board, 25 now

strange to think of the transitions i've gone through in that time

i started as a shy teen in a tiny town where i didn't know anyone. i then moved to the "big city" where i came out of my shell in a spectacular way

i'm sure some of the older fellows remember my escapades from the "what you did today" threads

since then i've become quite a quiet chap. i hardly ever go out anymore and am quite happy to chill at home with my gf and play games or watch movies together

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

i started as a shy teen in a tiny town where i didn't know anyone. i then moved to the "big city" where i came out of my shell in a spectacular way

i'm sure some of the older fellows remember my escapades from the "what you did today" threads

since then i've become quite a quiet chap. i hardly ever go out anymore and am quite happy to chill at home with my gf and play games or watch movies together

Don't worry, the legends of your escapades are saved for posterity. When some internet archeologist digs up those posts some day, he'll think 21st century internet was Sodom and Gomorra ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Don't worry, the legends of your escapades are saved for posterity. When some internet archeologist digs up those posts some day, he'll think 21st century internet was Sodom and Gomorra ;)

Ehhh, Sodom or Gomorra might be a little too family friendly for 21st century internet......

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

What's odd for me is that I'm the same age (about) as Lindsey Lohan.

That should make you happy.  No matter how down you get about your life, you are always clearing the Lindsay Lohan hurdle.

Except I'm not worth eleventy billion dollars.

Or a 250k paycheck just to show up at a Saudi Princes party.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

haha, people like her live with very little income compared to their spendings.. I'd be surprised is she has more than a few thousand dollars to her name and more likely a massive debt that will keep her doing stupid things she'll hate for the rest of her life, to keep the sharks of her back. Envy her now sure, but she will be miserable in a few years once her novelty wears off.

Fortune favors the bald.

What's odd for me is that I'm the same age (about) as Lindsey Lohan.

Why is that odd ?  And hey, you're about the same age of some guy starving to death due to poverty as well.

I should definitely do something neat for my birthday this year, one of those where all the digits change.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

;( How fudging dare any of you here make fun of Lindsey after all she's been through!!!!! She has a stupid mom, and a stupid dad. She has 2 fudging DUI's. Her hookups turned out to be users, and now she's going through a chlamydia battle. All you people care about is mischief, and making fun of her. SHE'S A HUMAN!!!!!! ;( What you don't realize is that Lindsey is actually making a lot of good movies, and all you do is talk crap about them, and not actually watch her. ;( She hasn't performed in a major motion film in years. Her movie is called Mean Girls because you are all MEAN! MEAN! MEAN! MEAN! MEAN! ;( LEAVE HER ALONE!!!! ;( You're lucky she even portrayed Elizabeth Taylor YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!! LEAVE LINDSEY ALONE!!!!!!! ;( Please. ;(Perez Hilton talked about professionalism and said if Lindsey was a professional she would’ve pulled it off no matter what. ;(Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time. ;( LEAVE LINDSEY ALONE.....PLEASE!!!! ;( Leave Lindsey Lohan alone right now! I mean it! Anyone who has a problem with her, you deal with me because she's not well right now. ;( ;( ;( ;( Leave her alone. ;( ;( ;( ;(

Edited by babaganoosh13
  • Like 1

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

A battle with chlamydia? I picture something like the battle of Helm's Deep. </Freudian inference>

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

While I think this is a parody of the Brittaney Spears video, however...

She hasn't performed in a major motion film in years. Her movie is called Mean Girls because you are all MEAN! MEAN! MEAN! MEAN! MEAN!

...I thought I'd read that she wasn't bondable for a picture at this point?  Certainly I imagine her various legal issues and pull-outs on roles she'd accepted would cause a guarantor company to debate heavily before agreeing to a completion bond.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man