What Game Should Obsidian Make

If they asked me, I'd say an open RPG for Battle Angel Alita.  She already has amnesia, there would be tons of possible quest arcs/factions, it has the deepest story (surprisingly) I've ever read, and James Cameron could use a larger base of BAA fans before he finally gets around to making the movie.  Cameron of course is focused on the action aspects of the manga, so he probably won't feel threatened by any other interpretations of the story.

baafin01.jpg

A spiritual successor to VtMB would be nice, also a Fallout game made in the Onyx engine staying true to the original design of the series (ISO/TB, point'n click RPG).

I'd also be interested in a cRPG that (in a way) mixes Might&Magic VI and New Vegas in an original (full or semi) scifi setting with some cyberpunk feel to it. Rich and player driven storytelling (+c&c), interesting rulesystem, full party creation, first person turnbased combat with the ability to split the party (in and out of combat), stuff like that.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Legacy of Kain rpg, medium sized, tight, brilliantly plotted and voice acted with Unity or Onyx engine graphics in 2d like the original Blood Omen. A smaller project that doesn't need the massive resources of Tomb Raider, and is far easier to generate a profit from. Obsidian are one of the only studios i'd trust to develop the franchise outside the redoubtable Ms Hennig.

A dark and dreary film noir adventure, in the mold of Alpha Protocol. Set in one of the more distinctive decades of american history, playing as a hard boiled gumshoe or an ice cold dame to kill for. An interactive Chinatown.

Warhammer 40 k Dark Heresy rpg, agents of the imperial inquisition tasked with battling all of mankinds enemies, internal and external. Genestealer cults, the ruinous powers, warp entities, Eldar manipulations etcetera, etcetera.

One can dream.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

An original IP. I know I'm strange.

But what I usually find in these threads are pre-made IPs or evene more often, seuqels. And then we complain in other threads only sequels get made and no original games.

It boggles my mind sometimes.

Some futuristic RPG being a mix of Blade Runner and Baldur's Gate II would be my preference I would say. While we do get many sci-fi RPG's these days they use to be like Mass Effect, too combat focused. Removing 3rd person, go isometric and character-based combat rather than player-based (pref. real time)... yeah, I would play that...

• Like 1

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'd like them to create their own universe like they did with Project Eternity.

If possible, start from an early time period, before mankind and other current races of that specific universe existed. If there are gods in the game universe, start with how their existence came to be and tell their stories. Follow up on that with how the different races of the world came into existence. From there on out, every game is about different conflicts and adventures, with the difference that with each game several years have passed. (100, maybe?) Just think about it.

Game 1: About the Gods, you play as one or several gods that help or betray eachother.

Game 2: You play as a race from when they first started to exsist. This wouldn't have to be like the caveman period, but still primitive. Building communities and learning to handle magic.

Then they keep on like this until we reach more advanced times, until we reach crazy sci-fi world that lets us explore other worlds.

Universe entirely created from scratch by Obsidian.

New IPs

WoD or Raveloft style RPG (isometric 2D) (Avellone's Hidden pitch, Torment spiritual succesor)

Sci-fi RPG  (isometric 2D, by Tim cain maybe?)

Wild West RPG  (isometric 2D)

Non medieval Fantasy RPG based on ancient Sumeria,Aztec,Egypt etc.(isometric 2D)

Licensed

Warhammer Fantasy RPG (isometric 2D)

Warhammer 40k RPG (isometric 2D)

Malazan RPG (isometric 2D)

Something that will sell really well, that's all.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1. A RTwP or turn-based espionage RPG that has no cinematics and uses text boxes for dialogue.(AP with better gameplay)

2. A Sci-Fi or Science Fantasy RPG that is RTwP or turn-based.

3. High-School RPG.

4. More games in the PE universe.

5. A Planescape, Dark Sun, or Forgotten Realms game using the Pathfinder ruleset(tweaked for PC by Sawyer) that is turn-based.

Edited by KaineParker
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Existing IP's... A WH40K CRPG that does *not* feature Space Marines (other than as background fluff). I would love to play a Rogue Trader, exploring the universe, killing, trading, manipulating, cheating, discovering and pursuing something, while dodging the ever present adeptus administratus, adeptus arbites (and adeptus assassinorum), the inquisition, larger scoundrels than myself etc.

So many possibilities in a vast, grimdark universe.

New IP's... Maybe something, not based on, but inspired by things like Bladerunner, Slave Zero (old "mech" game), Syndicate Wars etc.

That was my wishlisting for Q2 this year :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ubisoft+Obsidian are working together atm with South Park, no?

Assassin's Creed in isometric perspective with party-based combat & assassin customization (equipment, levels, appearance) would be awesome. RTwP.

Horror/investigation focused Dark Heresy.

Wonder how grimdark they could make it. Can't very well go about executing mutant kids in a game these days (well that and maybe my sessions were too 'war crime' oriented.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Horror/investigation focused Dark Heresy.

Wonder how grimdark they could make it. Can't very well go about executing mutant kids in a game these days (well that and maybe my sessions were too 'war crime' oriented.

Says who? If you don't have to appeal to mass market, or publisers and retail stores you are free to put whatever you want in your game. I read an article about a game from japan where your goal was to rape women.You would stalk,iisolate and rape them. Retail stores in most countries refused to sell the game, and i don't think a normal person would want to play something like that, but the point stands. Without publisers you can make your game as dark as you want.

I expect P:E to allow me to kill children.

Don't you think that an examination of that in itself would make a good game? Say you're stood over that mutant family in judgement, men, women and children all bear the tainted mark of chaos, and their fate is in your hands. These are seemingly good, honest people who are faithful to the Emperor, but through no fault of their own have begun to change. Do you radio in an Arbites death squad to purge and purify, do you walk away in disgust and sound the all clear letting the corruption of mercy eat away at your zealotry, or even organise an escape in the hopes they'll lead you to the source of their change or an even greater nest of heretics?

Undiluted pure service to the Golden Throne, a fall to chaos through single merciful acts and every step in between.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Don't you think that an examination of that in itself would make a good game? Say you're stood over that mutant family in judgement, men, women and children all bear the tainted mark of chaos, and their fate is in your hands. These are seemingly good, honest people who are faithful to the Emperor, but through no fault of their own have begun to change. Do you radio in an Arbites death squad to purge and purify, do you walk away in disgust and sound the all clear letting the corruption of mercy eat away at your zealotry, or even organise an escape in the hopes they'll lead you to the source of their change or an even greater nest of heretics?

Undiluted pure service to the Golden Throne, a fall to chaos through single merciful acts and every step in between.

It would. Although if you're in Dark Heresy, well, your boss might take a dim view of you having feelings (although they can vary as well).

Alpha Protocol 2, please.

The thing with Alpha Protocol is that in order for Obsidian to make a game with the "cinematic experience" they need more money than the kickstarter is able to provide. They would be better having 2 or 3 kickstarted games out there first bringing them money, so they could put 10 million of their own on top of the money they would make from kickstarter.