The funny things thread

Rosbjerg

Niven and Pournelle wrote Inferno and Escape From Hell on this general principle--Hell as a last ditch means of trying to get through to stubborn souls who reject love and kindness.  They're a favorite pair in my collection and I take them down and re-read them back to back once every two or three years.  Learn your lessons, make your way down to Cocytus, crawl down the leg of Satan to the grotto below, and begin your ascent to Purgatory.  Elegant in its simplicity and brutal in its execution, it touched a major chord with me.

72194101515707298201557.jpg

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

...the end knife fight in this "silent film" version of Under Siege is particularly amusing. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Finnish version of the writeup for this surplus item: http://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/tsekkoslovakialainen-pvc-mantteli-epailyttava-tummanruskea/22682/

had me in stitches for 15 minutes last night, I haven't laughed that hard in years. I'll just share the base oddity of it with the rest of you...

Anyone know where to get a good digital woodland gore tex parka? I need to replace mine. :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

...the end knife fight in this "silent film" version of Under Siege is particularly amusing. :lol:

Browsed through it quickly to check if Erika Eleniak's stripper scene was in. Came away disappointed.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Haha @ the pool party vid! :lol:

Also:

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I often wonder how animals see us, are we like strange big version of them or do we seem like some all powerful friendly entity.. or perhaps just a huge servant (for cats)..

Fortune favors the bald.

I often wonder how animals see us, are we like strange big version of them or do we seem like some all powerful friendly entity.. or perhaps just a huge servant (for cats)..

I should imagine it depends on the animal.

I believe voles see us as all-you-can-eat buffets.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I asked myself the same question today, but I don't think that most pets recognize us as a member of their species - When my cat encounters a cat she has never seen before she reacts differently then when she meets a human she has never seen before. Edited by Woldan
  • Like 1

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I think that when someone told that guy you had to get some cat litter, he got them mixed up.

"Screw that, he can just ride around on me instead!"

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

I think Gary Larson covered it pretty well...

far-side-what-dogs-hear.jpg

We're just servants that they've carefully trained to supply food in response to certain vocal intonations.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

we're their grooming stations :p

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

My dachshunds think I am bigger, two legged dachshund based on the way they treat me. But then again, I think my eldest one thinks he is a man not a dog (or more accurately, thinks he's a god - everyone must look at him, everyone must share their food, everyone must let him into their house).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I asked myself the same question today, but I don't think that most pets recognize us as a member of their species - When my cat encounters a cat she has never seen before she reacts differently then when she meets a human she has never seen before.

There's probably a PhD in that observation.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Passionate Plea!"

...hahaha! That was great.