Divinity: Original Sin Kickstarter

C2B

It's a little different since usually, the idea is that for the particular game being pitched, $25 up front is more necessary / valuable than $50 later. It's less true when we're talking about a different title which is pretty much finished. Though, AFAIK, both games are self-published/financed by Larian, so it's a question of $50 - digital retailer cut vs. $40 - Kickstarter/Amazon 10% cut. I personally wouldn't mind paying $50 if that meant a significant difference on that front.

Might add on Dragon Commander based on Gragt's preview, though technically, buying it full price on launch is probably better for Larian. Ironically it actually isn't supporting them as much to get it for $40 through KS, no?

I thought we didn't like RPG Codex because they were a bunch of condescending RPG elitists?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Tigranes is a most well regarded columnist for the prestigious RPGCodex magazine, having written a preview of Expedition: Conquistador (IIRC) for them.

I do rather hope that some person with more money than sense donates exactly $1 more to RPGWatch's fundraiser total than the Codex's, as the typhoon of butthurt generated would be magnificent to behold.

It's a little different since usually, the idea is that for the particular game being pitched, $25 up front is more necessary / valuable than $50 later. It's less true when we're talking about a different title which is pretty much finished. Though, AFAIK, both games are self-published/financed by Larian, so it's a question of $50 - digital retailer cut vs. $40 - Kickstarter/Amazon 10% cut. I personally wouldn't mind paying $50 if that meant a significant difference on that front.

They also get early usage of the money, which they would not get otherwise (No preorder money early, unless it's a pay for alpha deal). That can be of significant benefit.

I think I will probably up to $65 for the copy anyway, Gragt did pretty much sell me on it.

Tigranes is a most well regarded columnist for the prestigious RPG Codex magazine, having written a preview of Expedition: Conquistador (IIRC) for them.

I do rather hope that some person with more money than sense donates exactly $1 more to RPGWatch's fundraiser total than the Codex's, as the typhoon of butthurt generated would be magnificent to behold.

They also get early usage of the money, which they would not get otherwise (No preorder money early, unless it's a pay for alpha deal). That can be of significant benefit.

I think I will probably up to $65 for the copy anyway, Gragt did pretty much sell me on it.

Whoops, sorry Tigranes if I offended you. Did I mention I do enjoy the articles on RPG Codex, its some of the forum discussions on RPG Codex that I don't particularly like

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The digital $65 Dragon Commander tier is now sold out. So it's now available only as an addon or at the $80 tier.

Things look good for the Traits and Talents stretch goal. Less than 60k needed in 4 days. The Companion stretch goal on the other hand... would be great though.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Update #22 : Starting the end-game

Apr 22, 2013

Updates inbound!

As we're approaching the end of our Kickstarter campaign, we're giving it everything we have to reach those stretch goals. With less than 45K$ to go to the next stretch goal, and a lot of media attention appearing, we'll be upping the update tempo for the last days of our campaign. 

Remember - if you or your friends invest now in Divinity: Original Sin, you'll reap the rewards already this fall in quality and quantity of gameplay. So if you know somebody with an interest in RPGs, please let them know about our campaign. We'll make it worth your while!

Two new digital tiers

New 80$ digitial tier

This tier replaces the sold out 65$ tier and the main features are a digital version of Dragon Commander, a digital duo pack of Divinity:Original Sin, all the Developer's Cut materials as well as Kirill's soundtrack.

New 28$ digital tier

This tier will replace the about- to-be-sold-out 25$ which includes a digital copy of Divinity: Original Sin.

Live Let's Play with PCGames.de today at 17:30 GMT+1

Swen and Mháire, the hostess of PCGames' Kickstarter show "Shut Up And Take My Money", will be playing the game together later today at 17:30 GMT+1. The live stream will be in English so everybody is welcome to join.

Watch via our website, via twitch.tv directly or via PCGames.de 

ForceSC2Strategy gameplay summary

A well edited gameplay video summary appeared on ForceSC2Strategy last night, giving a good overview of gameplay in Divinity: Original Sin in 20 mins. 

Matt Chat retrospective of Divine Divinity 

Matt Barton posted a new "Matt Chat" video about Divine Divinity. It's a pretty cool retrospective video and you'll find many similarities with Divinity: Original Sin. 

Reddit Ask Me Anything tomorrow!

David, Jan & Swen will be hosting a Reddit AMA tomorrow Tuesday April 23rd  at 18:00 GMT, 10:00 PST, 13:00 EDT. We'll be answering questions for a couple of hours so be sure not to miss it.

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

No codexer could be offended so easily. You wound me, sir!

There's a lot of stupid poop-throwing there but also the best rpg reviews, info and LPs on the internet.

Dragon commander is available as a 40$ add-on so I may go for that. Really want the KS to reach 650k.

• Like 1

There's a lot of stupid poop-throwing there but also the best rpg reviews, info and LPs on the internet.

Dragon commander is available as a 40$ add-on so I may go for that. Really want the KS to reach 650k.

Thanks, I feel better now. I did feel bad about what I said, I'll spend some time on RPG Codex because I may have been premature about my view :)

John Milton 

Thanks, I feel better now. I did feel bad about what I said, I'll spend some time on RPG Codex because I may have been premature about my view :)

Ehhhhh, I avoid the Codex like the plague too, so I wouldn't feel too bad if it's not your cup of tea.

Ehhhhh, I avoid the Codex like the plague too, so I wouldn't feel too bad if it's not your cup of tea.

Hi Alan :)

Where have you been, if I am not mistaken I haven't seen any posts from you lately?

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Woot, 600k.  The 650k stretch goal should easily be reached.  I still haven't given up hope on the 800k stretch goal either.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Update #23 : 600K!!! Roll credits! Wait... what?

Apr 22, 2013

600K!!!

Thank you everybody! The feedback and support you've given us has been truly amazing. You are a fantastic audience and it is true pleasure to be making games for you. You can rest assured that we'll do our very best to give you a gem of a RPG. You deserve nothing less!!! 

As promised, we're accelerating the update pace now that we approach the end of our  campaign and so here's update 2 of today. 

The next stretch goal is now in reach. Let's go for it!!! 

Short preview of what's coming

In the coming 72 or so hours, we'll bring you a cavalcade of neatly lined up, and in no way hastily made, updates ;) Each plumed with the feathers of pheasants and presented in perfectly clipped standard English!

To prepare your eyeballs for the ocular delights we have in store for you, here is a small preview of what's to come, in 

!

Glorious Kirill in glorious HD

Some of you may have missed the Kirill live concert a couple of days ago. it was a magical moment, and while nothing will capture the feeling of experiencing it live, some images in full blown high definition may help. Here is the behind-the-scenes-high-definition version of Kiriill's first performance on Twitch TV

Bellegar is still champing at the bit

The number 4000 looms large in the future of Bellegar, but we could still use a bit of a push to get there. So please, for the sake of Bellegar (and our designers and writers) like our facebook page or if you have already, invite your friends and family.

We're sure they won't mind helping you get a better game!

fbbellegar.jpg

Divinity:Original Sin on Youtube

Ohmwrecker - The Masked Gamer played Divinity:Original Sin with David, our omnipresent producer. The session was split in two parts, and this is part 1. Even if It says quick look, this one takes over 50 mins :)

In Closing

Strap in, more is yet to come! But please,

!
Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Kirill's piano concert now in HD on youtube! Enjoy one of the best composers/pianists in the video game industry! :)

Loved how he just shook that piano version of the Update Song out of his sleeve. E-P-I-C. I'm gonna keep an eye on the guy now, since he lives in Belgium he's GOT to give concerts around here sometimes... (and if not, I'm sure I can find out where he lives, so I can go play creepy fanboy in his front yard ;) I keed I keed, well, mostly :p)

EDIT: Off topic, this thread isn't about the Codex.

A free bump is a free bump ;)

• Like 1

I quickly scoured the KS page but didn't see anything.  What's the release date for this game?

A free bump is a free bump

Fair, but a post about me ranting about the Codex isn't really productive to this thread.

Eh, Alpha/Beta access is not something I typically find interesting....

There are some game types I don't mind beta testing, but perhaps for obvious reasons doing the same for another Fantasy RPG is not exactly what I am hoping for :lol: