The Heart Attack Grill: Las Vegas

BruceVC

I regularly make pig candy* for a snack, so no, it is not excessive. It is, in fact, ****ing awesome. and the ONLY reason anyone needs to go there is "Because **** You, That's Why".

* Although I tend to add more than just cayenne pepper. Specifically a bit of cinnamon and crushed red pepper.

Edited by ravenshrike

"You know, there's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it"

"If that's what you think, you're DOING IT WRONG."

Actually I'd say it a pretty effective theme. Here we all are taliking about it but if it were not "over-the-top" in nature none of us would have ever even heard of that place.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'd eat there for my upcoming hockey tourney, but I'm pretty sure my body would shut down if I tried to play after eating something from that menu.

Although I'm definitely hitting up the Hofbrau for some decent sausage.  

That doesn't sound right, but I'm not taking it back.

• Like 1

Really? Australia has many places that admit there food  can kill you , admit that there food will absolutely cause heart issues you and if you are over a certain weight you eat for free. I find that hard to believe. Please provide the links as I did for verification

Can you provide an actual link where The Heart Attack Grill says 'this food will kill you'. All I see is a lot of satire and (black) humour on their site. And nobody is forcing the customers to eat a certain amount in a specific time.

Whereas in Australia, customers have to get through a huge amount of food in a specific time. As I said, we have a lot of food challenges food outlets in Australia where if you eat a certain amount and beat the challenge, you will get the meal for free. I would think forcing yourself to eat fast and gorge yourself in a small amount of time is worse and probably would kill you than taking your time with the heart attack grill burgers and eating them over an extended period of time or a few hours.

examples.

http://www.captainamericas.com.au/challenge.htm

http://www.komachi.com.au/ramen/ramen.htm

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

I have friends* who mountain climb. They totally get off on climbing dangerous mountains. I think they're idiots.

But I don't feel it's my job to stop them.

Take a deep breath and remember that EVERYONE who goes to that restaurant is going to die. As is everyone who doesn't.

*Citation?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Take a deep breath and remember that EVERYONE who goes to that restaurant is going to die. As is everyone who doesn't.

pogo.jpg

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You get a pack of cigarettes if you order a bigger burger?! How awesome isn't that?!  :w00t: 

Screw you "ethical and moral"-people, your concern for health is as sincere as the seller's.

Nah, they care. It's their tax money being wasted to treat the scum that eat this food, after all.

On the contrary, those people who live short and die fast are adding surplus to the system. People who are healthy, retire at 65 and live long lives afterwards are the ones that are taxing it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In other words, people please smoke and eat more unhealthy food so i can spend half of my time retired and living healthy.

• Like 3

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

In other words, people please smoke and eat more unhealthy food so i can spend half of my time retired and living healthy.

:grin:

Okay thats quite funny

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way most of the time, we are just too good at medically dragging out the lives of people in poor health.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way most of the time, we are just too good at medically dragging out the lives of people in poor health.

Unfortunately? Too good? Dragging out? If one day you or someone you care about is in poor health, and likely would have died without modern medical intervention, I doubt you'll look at it that way.

Malcador's statement and attitude is disgusting, and demonstrates an infantile over simplified understanding of what he talks about. I hope you don't share it.

I watched both my grandparents go through years of pain, I understand exactly what modern medicine is capable of.  I remember carrying my weakened grandfather into the shower one day and him turning to me and saying "I just wish I'd die at this point."  He lived for another two years after that point.  

Don't get me wrong, I cherish every moment I had with them.  My grandmother lived long enough to meet my daughter and that was huge, but I wonder if it is almost selfish in some respects.  Now both of them smoked, and that affected their health considerably in the end.  I hope that leading a healthy lifestyle will make it easier on me and my children when I reach a ripe age, but I know there are no guarantees.    

Unfortunately? Too good? Dragging out? If one day you or someone you care about is in poor health, and likely would have died without modern medical intervention, I doubt you'll look at it that way.

Malcador's statement and attitude is disgusting, and demonstrates an infantile over simplified understanding of what he talks about. I hope you don't share it.

Hah, the hell are you talking about ?  Was a jab at people sneering at these folk, ultimately in my experience it's boiled down to that concern over any altruistic sense. 

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hah, the hell are you talking about ?  Was a jab at people sneering at these folk, ultimately in my experience it's boiled down to that concern over any altruistic sense. 

I think he meant Meshugger? So you are off the hook :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

FWIIW I think you're presenting an overcomplicated view of one of the most ancient problems Monkey MkII has ever faced.

I've been through terminal illness with loved ones. The most important thing any of them realised was that they were losing less than they thought. Having their illness dragged out is EXACTLY what upset them most.

I can still hear the whirring of the morphine pump...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Nah, when you have that massive heart attack or stroke it usually means that you're dead before you hit the ground. This is more common with fat and unhealthy people than with those that have lived relatively healthy lives. So what are we really complaining about? these people add more to the system objectively speaking (no healthcare, social security and retirement), and they spare themselves and their relatives the slow agonizing dread of cancer, MS, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. 

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Well Mes that is one way to look at it. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was referring to this:

You get a pack of cigarettes if you order a bigger burger?! How awesome isn't that?!  :w00t: 

Screw you "ethical and moral"-people, your concern for health is as sincere as the seller's.

Nah, they care. It's their tax money being wasted to treat the scum that eat this food, after all.

FWIIW I think you're presenting an overcomplicated view of one of the most ancient problems Monkey MkII has ever faced.

I've been through terminal illness with loved ones. The most important thing any of them realised was that they were losing less than they thought. Having their illness dragged out is EXACTLY what upset them most.

I can still hear the whirring of the morphine pump...

I didn't present anything overcomplicated.... however I think you might look at things oversimplified if you think what I said was even a smidgeon complicated.

Not everyone wants to rush into death's door, no matter how physically and/or mentally taxing whatever condition they may have. As much there is similarity between various end of life scenarios, each is unique.

To each their own. Some wish to live on despite conditions others would find unbearable, some wish not to. Some want the Morphine or the like, some would rather suffer anything than to submit themselves to what morphine does. The choice, should be theirs. And I don't begrudge anyone for reaching for or rejecting the Morphine.

Well, Valsuelm, that's a pretty relaxed and positive comeback, and I'm grateful.

I do simplify things. but I've learned that simple is the nature of our existence at the primal level. Complexity is for art, wine, song, etc. Simplicity is for life and death decisions.

If a direct appeal isn't floating you, try a read of the Hagakure some time. What the Hagakure usefully teaches is also that while simple, life and death decisions often involve both at once. In living life we must confront death. I'm not saying it's easy. Just simple.

The relevance is that the OP criticises persons choosing to eat something called a heart attack burger (or what have you). I do not disagree, but I know that I'd rather hang out with them than the OP. :)

-Elwood Blues