Gorth

Meh. Rivalry isn't as fun if neither of your teams are competing for trophies, really... 

Good for us Arsenal fans then, we'll get along with everyone.

Watching 'The Western Tradition' on Youtube, used to watch this in History class at least the ancient civilizations part of it.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

haha, yeah, I was commenting on the quality I've seen from the history channel so far. So I'm biased against them.

:) aaaahh..okay, I see what you are trying to say

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Dealing with the inevitable mix of cranky, grouch, hurt and depression that springs forth each year due to not being able to forget a certain anniversary, or how it's the week before valentines. It gets a little awkward when nothing you try seems to get you past the recognition of the moment. Keep myself distracted to a point and kind of forget the time..and then it'll be "oh crap, it's that start of february" and it jumps back on with both feet.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I seem to have managed to forget a lot of things lately. Let's see if it lasts. If it does, I might have some pointers, including but not limited to taking a doctoral degree or really ****ing up your life otherwise. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm considering buying this TV, what do you guys think? Is it a bit much

http://www.cseed.tv/design/movie.html

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Last night I dove to block a shot and it got me right in the ear.  Even with my helmet on, it still hurt like crazy.  Now it has swelled up a bit, there is a blood blister on one part, and it is pretty red.

We won 3-2 though, so worth it.  :)

Well, it seems a tad small, but otherwise a fine investment.. I say go for it.

My husband would love something like that during the summer. Sitting outside on warm evenings, watching a movie. Altho, the neighbors might get kind of annoyed. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, it seems a tad small, but otherwise a fine investment.. I say go for it.

Okay thanks for the endorsement, now I just to work out how to afford it :)

John Milton 

I think for most people the novelty would soon wear off and they'd wish they spent the money on something else.

But the Superbowl or World Series parties you could have! It would be dah awesome! :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think for most people the novelty would soon wear off and they'd wish they spent the money on something else.

Hm, people willing to spend that much on a TV probably wouldn't care about it being a waste :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I know that if I had the cash to spend on a TV like that, it'd be a must buy, along with a massive sound system, theater seats, and theater style popcorn popper machine. Also, about 10 super-desktop PC's and a dedicated cat bungalow.

I know that if I had the cash to spend on a TV like that, it'd be a must buy, along with a massive sound system, theater seats, and theater style popcorn popper machine. Also, about 10 super-desktop PC's and a dedicated cat bungalow.

"cat bungalow" :grin:

You really make me laugh sometimes :)

John Milton 

But the Superbowl or World Series parties you could have! It would be dah awesome! :biggrin:

Screw superbowl parties. I want to play a strategy game on that. Some city builder like Anno 2070 or some 4X game like Endles Space or Imperium Galactica or Master of Orion: Reloaded (one can dream) or even Civilization.

Now that would be awesome.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Got to sleep some time post 3am. Woken up by dogs barking, dozed a lil off and on, with more dogs barking and a work related phone call. Head and stomach seem to be rebelling in assorted ways. I have a feeling I'm not going to be achieving much of practical use today....

Been thinking about how much I hate football almost the entire day. Supporting Liverpool for 20+ years haven't been easy. They didn't make it any easier yesterday.

I've had time to play games, but I end up browsing different message boards. I'll see if i can get in some gaming during the weekend.

• Like 1

Screw superbowl parties. I want to play a strategy game on that. Some city builder like Anno 2070 or some 4X game like Endles Space or Imperium Galactica or Master of Orion: Reloaded (one can dream) or even Civilization.

Now that would be awesome.

I think I'd prefer some action/suspense game on a screen that size. System Shock 2 perhaps. That game made me tense enough as it was, on a tiny 19" screen. At 200+ inches, playing in the dead of night with the crickets chirping around me, I'd probably wet my pants.

I think I'd prefer some action/suspense game on a screen that size. System Shock 2 perhaps. That game made me tense enough as it was, on a tiny 19" screen. At 200+ inches, playing in the dead of night with the crickets chirping around me, I'd probably wet my pants.

Action game would either be larger than life or just smaller and would feel wierd at nearly life size. It would feel wierd to me. A strategy game at least my mpire would seem huge :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Action game would either be larger than life or just smaller and would feel wierd at nearly life size. It would feel wierd to me. A strategy game at least my mpire would seem huge :)

Can you imagine the original Aliens vs Predator game on that at the dead of night under a full moon... :shifty:

Well, maybe with some resolution scaling involved.  Supreme Commander on a screen like that would be great, given a suitably large map in any case.

Can you imagine the original Aliens vs Predator game on that at the dead of night under a full moon... :shifty:

Dunno about the game, but I'd watch Alien and Aliens on that thing. It would be ... glorious.

I remember when we first got a 50" TV, how awesomely big it seemed, and how great watching stuff on it was. Now it's old hat and feels too small.

I want my own IMAX theater.

The original AvP played in the dark..with surround speakers..   That could get chilly. They really had the atmosphere ramped up.. :shifty:

Especially when you were moving around and could just hear that facehugger scuttling in the shadows...

Edited by Raithe

The original AvP played in the dark..with surround speakers..   That could get chilly. They really had the atmosphere ramped up.. :shifty:

Especially when you were moving around and could just hear that facehugger scuttling in the shadows...

Yeah, that was a great experience. Played it at a friend's with surround sound and the room dark except for one UV beam.

As if the thing with Christopher Dorner wasn't enough like a movie he now escapes his cabin; while it was on fire, on horseback.
http://laist.com/2013/02/12/possible_christopher_dorner_sighting.php

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif