Eating Cats, Dogs, Rats, Reptiles...

Felithvian

What do you think?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you eat these kind of animals?

• Yes
    • No

According to the truth, Saint Peter had a vision of a sheet full of animals being lowered from Heaven. A voice from heaven told Peter to kill and eat, but since the sheet contained unclean animals, Peter declined. The command was repeated twice, along with the voice saying, "What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common", and then the sheet was taken back to heaven.

After a vision by St. Peter, God cleansed all animals and made them fit and lawful for human consumption. If ALL animals are cleansed by Peter's vision, this includes dogs, cats, vultures, reptiles and rats: but you just don't see people getting excited about a cat-meat sandwich like they do over barbecued pork or bacon. Many excuses have been given, but none are very sound.

I have no moral objection to eating cats and dogs. A lot of people in western areas are weary of that because they are common pets, so I suppose they have trouble picturing Sparky as a cuddly house dog and also as dinner.

In any case, what the Holy Scripture tells us is that food, with thanks, is clean. So take from it what you will.

15gazbt.jpg

Edited by Felithvian

I'd have no moral objection eating any of those, I just don't like the taste of most predator meats or reptiles (tried crocodile and gecko so far).. But I've never tried cat, I imagine it tastes sour though. Rats and pigeons are fairly tasty though, but I would only eat those that live in the wild, they are both quite disease ridden when found near humans.

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

The only reason people don't eat these animals is because of some societal conditioning to thing of them as unclean. it's nonsense. insects, rats, dogs, reptiles, bring it on. As long as there are people alive who know how to prepare them, I'm game.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

Crocodile is pretty damn good. So is shark.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Alligator meat is delicious. So is monkey, tastes like BBQ pork.

I've had alligator, I wasn't impressed.

I was impressed by bison. Had a bison burger once, it was definitively the best I've ever had.

I'm generally opposed to the eating of endangered species or the ingestion of their phalli for traditional superstitious remedy purposes though. So no chimpanzee or mountain gorilla or shark fins (it's not that I'm opposed to the consumption itself, it's that I'm opposed to the wasteful nature of the harvest rather than the cruelty of amputating their mode of locomotion and tossing them back to die of suffocation in their native habitat,) or tiger penises or rhino horns.

The only reason people don't eat these animals is because of some societal conditioning to thing of them as unclean. it's nonsense. insects, rats, dogs, reptiles, bring it on. As long as there are people alive who know how to prepare them, I'm game.

You should seek out beef infected with bovine spongiform encephalopathy and eat it, since you are so correct in your assertion.

Temperature extremes cannot cleanse any meat of BSE Prions, if you follow my sarcastic advice you will die a slow and sad death as your brain disintegrates in your head.

Edited by AGX-17

Anyone tried bull testicles? Tastes sort of like a fish but better. My coworker used to eat dogs and told me it was pretty good especially smoked. But considering the topic, does anyone know name of the old RPG game where you could eat orc's flesh? When I was younger I randomly read some walkthrough but haven't catch a name, It sounded like dungeon crawler.

"Have you ever spoken with the dead? Called to them from this side? Called them from their silent rest? Do you know what it is that they feel?

Pain. Pain, when torn into this wakefulness, this reminder of the chaos from which they had escaped. Pain of having to live! There will be no more pain. There will be... no more chaos."

Kerghan the Terrible,

first of the Necromancers,

voyager in the Lands of the Dead.

I was impressed by bison. Had a bison burger once, it was definitively the best I've ever had.

Yeah bison meat is delicious, have you tried Antelope? It's like cross between deer and bison.. Seriously the best meat I've ever eaten in my life.

If you're ever in Kenya and want to try exotic meat .. go here.. Canivore. In one night there I tried, water buffalo, camel, ostrich, antelope, alligator and Zebra I think.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm perfectly fine with it all, but it just doesn't make sense taste / availability / etc wise most of the time.

I did try dog once and it was pretty good, but nothing I'd look for specifically.

Personally I wouldn't want to eat cat, dog, or rat, but that's more because of the chance of parasites or other 'fun' complications goes up when eating predators (to be fair, I try not to eat pork, beef, etc and really only munch on the occasional fowl). But that's just me.

EDIT:

Also, using 'the Holy Scriptures' as a guide for what's safe to eat and not safe to eat doesn't strike me as a grand idea...

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I ate frog legs at a Thai restaurant. It was delicious...but I'm pretty sure that was a result of the Thai thing, not because it was frog legs. (I realize frog doesn't fit under any of those categories, but close enough.)

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Kangaroo is delicious :p

A thing like scallops is best enjoyed without thinking about what you are really eating.

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No moral objection, but I would definitely have an emotional objection to eating cats. ;( Or a few other fave animals.

That said, if I'm lost in the woods or there's a zombie apocalypse and I'm starving, everything is fair game.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hot dog is a specialty in parts of east Asia.

It really is just meat. As long as my food isn't looking at me, I'm quite happy. Goes for crustaceans too. Much easier to stare down a potato.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

For me it's all about taste. Which is why I don't like most seafood. Don't like the taste or smell. Lobster/oysters makes me a bit queasy (belly doesn't like it). Smoked salmon and some of the meatier fish can be cool, tho. And yeah....I don't like food that's staring at me. Gotta be butchered, no heads. Chopped off a giant catfish head once. That was tougher to do than it sounds. I mean physically...didn't have a huge chopper knife so we had to hack and hack at it before succeeding. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kangaroo is delicious :p

A thing like scallops is best enjoyed without thinking about what you are really eating.

I found kangaroo way to tough and gamey.

Remember: Argue the point, not the person. Remain polite and constructive. Friendly forums have friendly debate. There's no shame in being wrong. If you don't have something to add, don't post for the sake of it. And don't be afraid to post thoughts you are uncertain about, that's what discussion is for.
---
Pet threads, everyone has them. I love imagining Gods, Monsters, Factions and Weapons.

I ate frog legs at a Thai restaurant. It was delicious...but I'm pretty sure that was a result of the Thai thing, not because it was frog legs. (I realize frog doesn't fit under any of those categories, but close enough.)

Well, legs are a step up from testicles. If frogs're good enough for Meera Reed, they're good enough for me.

Edited by AGX-17

Some folks will eat anything, even each other: http://www.dailymail...ip-Siberia.html

Not like humans are an endangered species at the moment! :skull:

:biggrin:

• Like 1

if there were no health risks associated with it, i would eat flesh cultured from my own cells, just so i know how i taste.

Never licked your fingers or bit your tongue?

I find myself rather tasteless :)

Edit: Even if the blood adds a bit of salty flavour to me