I wonder, since Project Eternity doesn't use the D&D license, how big will the elves be in the game?

Actually, in D&D the appearance of elves are more similar to 'pretty' gnomes or halflings than Tolkien elves.

However, the game rules and most games don't treat them much different than humans considering strength, endurance, etc.

In the old IE games, their height also seems more like humans, at least I didn't really recognize a big difference.

Bioware's Dragon Age adopted the size of D&D elves, but played them out more 'realistically'.

What happens if you have the size of a dwarve, but are slender like a kid instead of massive like a hulk and have lots of ruthless humans around you?

Well, since everyone is stronger than you, you get either abused (in every possible way), enslaved or even killed (or all together).

Actually, it really hurt to see the elves in Dragon Age either be primitive savages or (sex-) slaves of humans.

I'd really like to see the traditional elves of Tolkien, Warhammer or Black Eye, where they are a pride, intelligent and mighty race and not the smurfs in human colors.

Bioware's Dragon Age adopted the size of D&D elves, but played them out more 'realistically'.

What happens if you have the size of a dwarve, but are slender like a kid instead of massive like a hulk and have lots of ruthless humans around you?

Well, since everyone is stronger than you, you get either abused (in every possible way), enslaved or even killed (or all together).

Actually, it really hurt to see the elves in Dragon Age either be primitive savages or (sex-) slaves of humans.

Such an explanation never convinces me. If individual physical strength is what determines a species' success, why aren't all the humanoid peoples subjugated by giants then? :getlost:

I think elves need not be arrogant jerks towards humans and dwarves, but if you include them in your world, you should let them keep their dignity (which seems to the case in PE). :)

Id like to see elves being identical to humans in terms of height but with tendency towards agility and grace rather than strength. I think the constitution of ballet dancers and ice skaters should be the baseline for female and male elven bodies. No body or facial hair is also ok for elves.

Anyway, it's just my opinion.

Only boring people get bored

I always think of Elven as Tall. lithe and agile.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

The shadow in the corner of your eye. The cold steel pressed to your throat.

The beautiful vision that may be your last.

Do not breath, for the Petite Death has your Soul in her hand.

"Ewhh! Why do U care how high they're gowna bei?

It's not like u're gowna SEE dem cuz the graphs will be TINY and ****." © sorta

j\k ) and btw i like elves the way they are in D&D, too, so no problemo

but i guess any Obsidian elf would do without givin' it too much thought, rly

Edited by kabaliero

elves should be of a size that they could fit in a shoe box... doll-sized. it will be our personal goal to put every elf we meet into an appropriate shoe-box... stuff them faeries with sawdust and sew buttons over their eye-sockets.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Before Tolkien elves were like this, but evil.

elf_hooley_tiny.jpg

Well, that was one type of elf which is usually called a gnome or halfling nowadays. But there were different types as well.

The Tolkien elves took more inspriration from the Ljósálfar, the light elves from Norse mythology, or the Tuatha De Danann of celtic mythology.

I definitely prefer this type. We already have gnomes (or Orlans?!). No need for gnomes V2.

Edited by ArkhanTheBlack
  • Like 1

Aloth looks as tall as the rest of the group.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Before Tolkien elves were like this, but evil.

elf_hooley_tiny.jpg

Well, that was one type of elf which is usually called a gnome or halfling nowadays. But there were different types as well.

The Tolkien elves took more inspriration from the Ljósálfar, the light elves from Norse mythology, or the Tuatha De Danann of celtic mythology.

I definitely prefer this type. We already have gnomes (or Orlans?!). No need for gnomes V2.

being a "fundamentally religious and Catholic work," those elves from tolkien's lotr take as much inspiration from angels as from norse light-elves. that being said, folklore elves, previous to tolkien, does have pretty broad range o' types... some malevolent and others benign.

regardless, they all belong in shoe-boxes with buttons for eyes.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Hmmm, I never though about parallelism between Tolkien's Elves and the Tuatha De Danann. I know little of them, but aren't they something like the Olympian Gods?

Aloth looks as tall as the rest of the group.

That is true, I never thought of that.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

Hmmm, I never though about parallelism between Tolkien's Elves and the Tuatha De Danann. I know little of them, but aren't they something like the Olympian Gods?

Aren't all religions gods and goddesses similar if you look at it like that.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308

Hindu has the best gods. I mean they've got gods with elephant heads and ****, it's brilliant. Why is Shin Megami Tensei one the so few RPGs that look to the Hindu religion for inspiration, instead of all the banal **** boring Western religions.

Hindu has the best gods. I mean they've got gods with elephant heads and ****, it's brilliant. Why is Shin Megami Tensei one the so few RPGs that look to the Hindu religion for inspiration, instead of all the banal **** boring Western religions.

The Egyptian Gods and Goddesses also had Animal heads and features. Anubis the Jackal Headed god of mummification, the after-life and guardian of the scales.

18hg6f.jpg?t=1350556308