Update #20: Lore Tidbits, Campaign Almanac, Big Ol' Stretch Goals, and... Environment Screenshot!

This is all well and good, but realistically... no way we're hitting 3.5 in the amount of time remaining.

But yea... paypal is an option after kickstarter ends. It is just a kickstarter after all, just to get things rolling. Nothing says it can't keep going after it takes off.

And 3.5 is a NICE goal.

Ah... one can dream.

For 20-30 bucks, you could include the xpac add-on or, if you want a sneak peak, you can get the beta key. I, for myself, won't want to play the game until after it has shipped and won't use the key. If none of my friends want it, I'll probably just give it to one of the forums regulars who didn't get it in his or her tier. I also think the stategy guide is a good choice for 7 bucks. Even if you don't use it the first run, the strategy guide can still be useful for housekeeping/reference stuff and they can be interesting if well written.

that sounds good to me (xpac), i want that, but i cant find it on the site....

Awesome update.

Screenshot looks incredible and I really think Obsidian have managed this kickstarter campaign brilliantly. I'm not sure we can get to $3.5m but you just never know!

I'm up to $288 but that's absolutely as much as I can afford!

I thought George Ziets was their last ace up the sleeves, but they really brought out the big guns here. I think we will see a surge that takes us there.

The 3 million goal is definitely reachable. 3.5 million seems HIGHLY unlikely, but stranger things have happened. Imma get my drum out and go drumming up support everywhere I can. :dancing:

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Gah, so much interesting information in the lore. I wonder if a spirit wind is what the player encounters at the start, or something different/bigger? Always good to have more goodies with information about the setting too, should be a very interesting read. Also, that screenshot is gorgeous. I really wasn't expecting anything like it.

I'll say now that I actually think we can make the 3.5 city goal. I mean Double Fine got pretty close to it, and despite all the doubts floating around PE seems to have more than they did on the same day now, so I think we can do it (positive thoughts! Positive thoughts! :p ). 4M I think would be pushing it, but 3.5 we can do if we can get this thing really skyrocketing in the last days.

And now I can finally crash and sleep.

For 20-30 bucks, you could include the xpac add-on or, if you want a sneak peak, you can get the beta key. I, for myself, won't want to play the game until after it has shipped and won't use the key. If none of my friends want it, I'll probably just give it to one of the forums regulars who didn't get it in his or her tier. I also think the stategy guide is a good choice for 7 bucks. Even if you don't use it the first run, the strategy guide can still be useful for housekeeping/reference stuff and they can be interesting if well written.

Go to the Kickstarter frontpage and scroll down to the add-ons section.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/obsidian/project-eternity/?ref=kicktraq

There's also an add-on update here:

http://www.kickstart...ty/posts/311594

EDIT: lol All good now.

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So i pledged 36 bucks already for the digital tier, if i wanted to pledge some more, say another 20-30 to try to push it to 3.5 mil, what would be my best option?

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do too. I currently have 40; the early bird $20 special for the game and $20 add-on for the expansion. I might go to $55 for the lore atlas add-on.

Or I can jump to $70 for the $50 tier with $20 add-on for the expansion. If I do this its mainly for the novella, but the other stuff like the collectors book are kinda neat I guess. Not stuff I was interested in adding money for, but the novella and those might be worth the 15 bucks.

meanwhile, I said the 20 dollars would be all I spend because I'm poor haha

Edited by ogrezilla

Go to the Kickstarter frontpage and scroll down to the add-ons section.

http://www.kickstart...y/?ref=kicktraq

There's also an add-on update here:

http://www.kickstart...ty/posts/311594

ah, i was confused because i only saw

Digital Add-Ons (Require $20 tier and above):

• Add a Digital Strategy Guide for $7 (included in tiers $80 and above, but now available to lower tiers!)
  • Add an Early Access Beta Key +$25 (included in tiers $110 and above, but now available to lower tiers!)
  • Add a Digital Download of the Game +$25
  • Add Three Digital Downloads of the game +$60

But i see in the update, 20 gets you the expansion pack

Ah yes! Forgot to add: I wonder if any upgrading of pledges or paypal pledges after the Kickstarter (if we can do such a thing) is over could still count towards that last 3.5 stretch goal in case we don't get it? Because it would be really awesome if we could still get there and grab the goal even if we don't manage to reach 3.5 within the timeframe of the kickstarter.

• Like 1

Wow, awesome update! I love the lore! It will be so nice to play a game in a world again that is actually alive and has it's own history incl. deep and meaningful lore. Thank you! :)

And the Screenshot of the enviroment is beautiful! Kudos to the artists of the enviroment team! :)

Btw, the water (like in the screenshot) will flow, right? ^^ ;)

• Like 2

:closed:

Ah yes! Forgot to add: I wonder if any upgrading of pledges or paypal pledges after the Kickstarter (if we can do such a thing) is over could still count towards that last 3.5 stretch goal in case we don't get it? Because it would be really awesome if we could still get there and grab the goal even if we don't manage to reach 3.5 within the timeframe of the kickstarter.

this is a very good question.

But i see in the update, 20 gets you the expansion pack

Thanks for the heads-up. I edited my post. Hopefully folks find the stuff they want.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Man, that screenie is beautiful. Can't wait to see the areas in this game, it's gonna be a treat.

Also, mostly excited about the stretch goal at 3.5, but doubt we'll reach it. Don't care too much about the stronghold though.

Nevertheless, added on 20 more bucks which shall be used for the expansion.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0