What types of weapons would you like to see in game?

Topic says it all. What types of weapons would you like to see in game. We have already been given a number of categories to include firearms that we know are going to be in game, but give some specifics. What unique, obscure, or favorite weapons do you think will really add some flavor and fun to this project?

I'll start:

Spiked Chain

Katana

Blowgun

Zweihander

Voulge

War Scythe

Guan Dao

Arbalest

Shuriken

Doru

Katana

Blowgun

Guan Dao

Shuriken

NO.

But I want:

Maces

Flails

Swords (European ones)

Axes

Hatchets

War Hammers (properly sized ones)

Spears

Pikes

Military Picks

Morningstars

Edited by -TK-

The call of the deep.

I wouldn't mind seeing some weaponized footwear - eg blades or spikes sticking out.

Bolas

Garrotte

Weapons which knock people out - tranquilizers or bully clubs

Trident and net

Whips and its variants.

Magical weapons would be great as well. I dont mean crafted, I mean a melee based magic class, whose weapons are conjured and maintained through pure magic.

It depends on how sophisticated a combat system they build. If it's a basic system then there's not much point in adding weapons that are not significantly differentiated. It also depends on how much weapon specialization they add to the character bulding system. If it pays to specialize, then most players are just going to pick the best overall weapon for their purposes and stick with it. I'd think I'd like a system that allows you to specialize in fighting styles, rather than weapon types: hence, swung or thrust, slash/pierce/bash, light/heavy/pole. A swing/slashing/heavy style should allow you to use a broadsword or a battleaxe with nearly equal facility.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

As long as halberds, flails and morning stars are in, I'm okay. Well I'm okay if they're not in too.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

No Asiatic weapons, unless this world also has an analogous region.

Considering what we've been told, I'm pretty certain that there is going to be one.

I don't really see anything on the map that would lead me to believe that. What have we been told?

From my point of view this is a new world, if they want to incorporate katana's, there is no reason not to have them if in alignment with the games lore and cultures. I have not seen any official information stating that this game will be modeled after middle ages Europe.

• Like 1

From my point of view this is a new world, if they want to incorporate katana's, there is no reason not to have them if in alignment with the games lore and cultures. I have not seen any official information stating that this game will be modeled after middle ages Europe.

True. The map kind of leads me to believe it will be modeled on Europe though. What with the Palatinate and the Celtic sounding named place.