(1) This world wants to drag us down, it does.

Nothing in these phrases is related to anything Wheel of Time. There is no chance this is a Wheel of Time game.

I thought there were Watchers in WOT.

The Watcher of the Seals, the Flame of Tar Valon...

And when you go to sleep in Wheel of Time, you 'dream' and you go into another world. If you die, you die for all eternity.

Still betting on Wheel of Time, wouldn't be surprised if it was something else though.

I think it's a Planescape game.

I'd love to see that, but hmmm I an not getting a Planescape vibe from all of this.

What, not even "One day, you will wake up... The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering"?

Pain... suffering... Torment. "Planescape: Eternity" anyone? :D

I'm putting money on the Kickstarted Planescape spiritual sequel. Literally.

The use of the words "wake up" make no scene in the PS world. First off, the lost (the faction that thing all life is pain and suffering) don't think you "wake up" and the pain is gone. They think you give up, embrace oblivion, and that's that.

It also don't make scene in the context of the Nameless one.

If anything, this statement most closely fits the world view of all powerful beings in white-wolf (mage, vampire, werewolf)... you life a meaningless, painful life until you are "awakened".

Nothing in these phrases is related to anything Wheel of Time. There is no chance this is a Wheel of Time game.

I thought there were Watchers in WOT.

The Watcher of the Seals, the Flame of Tar Valon...

And when you go to sleep in Wheel of Time, you 'dream' and you go into another world. If you die, you die for all eternity.

Still betting on Wheel of Time, wouldn't be surprised if it was something else though.

You've never really read the books have you?

I'd love to see that, but hmmm I an not getting a Planescape vibe from all of this.

What, not even "One day, you will wake up... The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering"?

The use of the words "wake up" make no scene in the PS world. First off, the lost (the faction that thing all life is pain and suffering) don't think you "wake up" and the pain is gone. They think you give up, embrace oblivion, and that's that.

If anything, this statement most closely fits the world view of all powerful beings in white-wolf (mage, vampire, werewolf)... you life a meaningless, painful life until you are "awakened".

"Waking up" is

"Waking Up" is a huge aspect to the Nameless One's existence; it's practically a game mechanic. And vampires/werewolves are the worst.

As much as I'd love a Planescape game, I don't think the Watcher thing fits the Planescape lore. But I've to admit, what we've seen so far does seem to really bring up some kind of Planescape feel. Maybe it is the "spiritual successor" to Torment? :)

Don't you like birds, Enoch?

Sure, but that doesn't mean that we're allowed to talk about male chickens around here.

A coq-block?

• Like 1

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

What specifically has Sawyer written? I have honestly no idea.

Who ever wrote Myrkul's dialogue however, if that person is not currently working at Obsidian, Obsidian is insane for losing such talent.

George Ziets and no. Due to the cancellation of Sawyer's previous project not working anymore at Obsidian.

Edited by C2B

What specifically has Sawyer written? I have honestly no idea.

Sawyer wrote Icewind Dale II, several things in New Vegas as project director/lead designer (among other things Chief Hanlon)(Not the main story though, that was John Gonzalez) and Honest Hearts from what I know.

Edited by C2B

Its clearly related to the Gummi Bears, that quote is something Duke Igthorn use to say on a regular basis. I am surprised that no one has realized this? And the Gummi Bear world is a rich and complex one that a RPG could easily be made in.

Yes my money is on a Gummi Bear RPG :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I thought all this verbose stuff these last few days was just Obsidian lamenting that they've been going around in circles and it's time to try something new, like without a publisher to hold them back and screw them over with words in contracts.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

E T E R N I T Y

It's the first RPG based around a perfume brand! You're washed ashore on a tropical beach and a beautiful woman comes up to you, says you smell great and she needs help to save her village from the Evil Watcher of Coconuts. And thus the adventure begins!

P.S. The Special Special Edition will have a free bottle of the perfume, your choice of the Ladies or the Men's version! Plus ....

....wait, wat? That's not it? Darn. I thought I had it. ;)

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

E T E R N I T Y

It's the first RPG based around a perfume brand! You're washed ashore on a tropical beach and a beautiful woman comes up to you, says you smell great and she needs help to save her village from the Evil Watcher of Coconuts. And thus the adventure begins!

P.S. The Special Special Edition will have a free bottle of the perfume, your choice of the Ladies or the Men's version! Plus ....

....wait, wat? That's not it? Darn. I thought I had it. ;)

That sounds fun, but can we throw in a quest where you need to get new a handbag and shoes in a limited amount of time :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I hope they use the SKYRIM engine. I am guessing that if it is ETERNITY, that you are a watchman, and you are taxed with a heavy burden, but realize you no longer have to carry it. Seems like a fantasy style game, possibly dealing with Heaven/Hell, or watching over mortals and their souls... Since the ouroboros snake represents a never ending cyclical life/death it fits really well.

.T.XXITY the periods represent Vowels and the X's represent consonants...? (funny that the letters they revealed spelled _T_ _IT_ yesterday and _T_ _ITY today)... Maybe the protagonist will be a female with big umm...yeah.

Edited by tagoris343

I am guessing that if it is ETERNITY, that you are a watchman, and you are taxed with a heavy burden, but realize you no longer have to carry it.

I'm suddenly reminded of Neil Gaiman's Sandman, and the lesson Destruction desperately tries to teach Morpheus. The illusion of responsibility is a pretty heavy theme to delve in to, and I can't wait to see how Obsidian approaches it.

Man, this game already feels just...Right. Don't think I've been this excited for a game that we know close to nothing about, but it's great.

Edited by Mystwalker