(1) This world wants to drag us down, it does.

<!--. T . X X I T X -->

<!-- There is no sleep for the Watcher. -->

Looks like it is 'eternity', then.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

It's usually classed as a semivowel, since it can be used as either a vowel or a consonant.

• Like 1

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

Berenzen: No, it doesn't. Atrocity would need to be .XX. not .X. .

Edited by Darth InSidious

Nothing in these phrases is related to anything Wheel of Time. There is no chance this is a Wheel of Time game.

I thought there were Watchers in WOT.

Hrmmm...well, I just looked it up and there is the Watcher of the Seals which is another title for the Amyrlin Seat. And the Watchers over the Waves who anticipate the return of Artur Hawkwing. But none of those really fits that quote (or any of the other quotes) at all.

---

EDIT: This is the first thing I thought of when I heard the word Watcher.

250px-Fantastic_Four_48.jpg

Of course, I doubt it's a Marvel Universe RPG. :p

Edited by FearMonkey

I think it's a Planescape game.

I'd love to see that, but hmmm I an not getting a Planescape vibe from all of this.

My money is on something new. Maybe not an original IP, but something these guys have never worked with previously.

Should be good though, no matter the IP.

I'd love to see that, but hmmm I an not getting a Planescape vibe from all of this.

What, not even "One day, you will wake up... The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering"?

Pain... suffering... Torment. "Planescape: Eternity" anyone? :D

I'm putting money on the Kickstarted Planescape spiritual sequel. Literally.

Edited by The Tingler

What, not even "One day, you will wake up... The pain will be gone. Until then, all your waking hours are suffering"?

Pain... suffering... Torment. "Planescape: Eternity" anyone? :D

I'm putting money on the Kickstarted Planescape spiritual sequel. Literally.

Now how cool could this be..

If it was a Planescape Sequel

- Why is Avellone not 100% on it (Still working on Wasteland 2) or leads it? This seems to be Sawyers project.

- Why did Avellone say this?

Chris Avellone: [Game development studio] Obsidian has talked about Kickstarter for some time. Not to put myself or Planescape down, but the range of ideas we've had internally for a KS are, IMO, better than doing a spiritual successor to Torment, and it involves more of the powerhouses in the studio rather than turning me into the Nameless One.

Sadly, they way the industry has been going lately, this will most likely be something like DS4 or some other IP re-hash that is horribly disapointing. But on the optamistic side;

It's not WOT. For a lot of reasons. First, the WOT game is a known unknown; people in the media have seen it and it's not worthy of a reveal like this. This is something the NEW, the first global reveal to anyone. Second, the quotes all use names and places. WOT is a clearly defined world and these places are not in it.

Planescape? Man, that would blow my mind. But that's unlikely. This is no longer a offical D&D game world, and it was basically destroyed in "the faction wars". WOTC are unlikely to allow obsidian to use the license they are themselves not using, as it wouldn't do anything for D&D sales. Assuming it's a pre-faction wars game, there is nothing in the text that points to the dominate factions at the time; the lost, the mercy killers, the doom guard and the Sensites all have very clearly defined world views, none of which fit the text. The only real possibility is that it would be the faction wars themselves, and obsidian is in fact cementing the fall of the game world. WOTC let them do this before with the last NWN game, so the president it there, and the text fits with the Fated.

My guess is that it's a new IP, and we are looking to fit words and meanings to other IPs when it's just not the case. That being said ...

The text very closely fits the 3 sides of the conflict between the Wyrm, the Weaver and the Wyld. There also repeated aspect that fit with the believes of the awakened; more specifically mages.