The Kickstarter Thread

Tigranes

Project Eternity is going to be my first kickstarter I've pledged. I'm not sure if I'm going with the $65 one or the $140 one.

I kind of feel bad not pledging for Dead State, but I wasn't really following their forums too closely during the time their kickstarter was going on.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I've only backed role playing games.

Wasteland 2 $30

The Banner Saga $50

Shadowrun Returns $15

Dead State $21

Project Eternity $1000

I wanted to back a few more, but I'll get those when they release. I also thought I had backed Expeditions: Conquistadores, but it turns out I hadn't.

I've backed

Double fine - 15$ - it was over before i decided to up it

Wasteland 2 - 55$

Banner Saga - 25$

Shadowrun Returns - 30$

Planetary Annihilation -20$

Broken Sword - 25$

Project Eternity - 140$ +20 $ postage

I was either broke or not that interested in:

Xenonauts, Spaceventure, Deadstate, Larry, Valdis Story, Jane Jensen's ..., - I will keep my eye on these though. And maybe i may end up buying them when they're released like i did FTL.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I did $75 for Wasteland 2, mainly attracted by the beta; minimum for Dead State, minimum for Double Fine more for the insider info than the game; and currently, $140 for Eternity.

I don't expect to be funding a lot of Kickstarters, really, Dead State and Double Fine were borderline for me.

I do regret not pitching in for Planetary Annihilation, but eh this way I can still remain cautiously pessimistic about it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm probably going to have to cut back my PE support due to recent car troubles. :(

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Well, uh, as long as you have the money!

Don't have a car, don't drink or smoke, don't eat out a lot, no big purchases planned for the near future.

I thought long and hard about this one. In the end, it's not only about Project Eternity, but also about supporting Obsidian. The games they have released are all games I have enjoyed immensly and consider some of my favorite games of all time. My contribution is small in the grand picture, but worth it for me. I still look at the sum and shake my head sometimes! :)

• Like 8

/respect

Man I wish I was some top manager to back PE with $10000, but for now, it must be enough $160 right after I get my September paycheck :/

Got few unexpected spendings this month, so PE will have to wait few more days :/

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Well, uh, as long as you have the money!

Don't have a car, don't drink or smoke, don't eat out a lot, no big purchases planned for the near future.

I thought long and hard about this one. In the end, it's not only about Project Eternity, but also about supporting Obsidian. The games they have released are all games I have enjoyed immensly and consider some of my favorite games of all time. My contribution is small in the grand picture, but worth it for me. I still look at the sum and shake my head sometimes! :)

Thumbs up (for those days where 'like' just doesn't cut it) :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wasteland 2 30 $, Make Leisure Suit Larry Come Again ( :p) 115 $, Project Eternity 280 $. It really grates me I can't do more for PE right now, but I just had to negotiate a raise to my credit limit as is. :p

Mebbe Obsidian will have one of those "Backers can up their pledge" stores like Wasteland seems to have, then I'll be a shoo-in for the 500 $ level down the road.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Mebbe Obsidian will have one of those "Backers can up their pledge" stores like Wasteland seems to have, then I'll be a shoo-in for the 500 $ level down the road.

They're taking advice from Fargo on the Kickstarter so I assume they will do stuff like that and the pre-order store. Having a bit of a buffer coming from that during development (and if it all goes well, keeping it as profit) will certainly help keeping things smooth.

Out of interest, and I know this might vary widely from project to project but when paypal donations start being accepted roughly how large a spike is there in donations? I don't mean a specific number but do the paypal figures usually make a sizable impact on the graph or is it usually just a small addition?

Edited by Serrano

Out of interest, and I know this might vary widely from project to project but when paypal donations start being accepted roughly how large a spike is there in donations? I don't mean a specific number but do the paypal figures usually make a sizable impact on the graph or is it usually just a small addition?

I remember by the end of the project Wasteland 2 amount to $200k or so? So I wouldn't expect a big spike right away.