RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Stalker was dead. This rumour, if true, might bring it back. What is there to complain about? If you don't like Bethesda all you have to do is not play their games. Why whine about it?

I would rather see a new Stalker made by Bethesda than no Stalker at all. One of the best game series I've played.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I guess calling your guerilla marketing "viral" when it's, well, anything but, still seems impressive to the MBAs who give you your bonuses.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Never did play Heavy Gear, heard good things about it. But hey, more mech games the better, I suppose

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

http://kotaku.com/5928663/gamings-biggest-problem-is-that-nobody-wants-to-talk

I know what the guy is talking about... but I look at it... look where it's from... look at it... think... and can only say one thing:

"Is he asking the game industry to do his job for him?"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dishonored QuakeCon preview

Now that I've rewatched that video, it finally hit me: That alarm sound was so reminiscent of something, but I couldn't figure it out where I heard it before....it was in Sanitarium, the very first level.

Damn, I can identify a specific sound source from a 14 year old game, but I can't even remember the birthday of my own aunt. Priorities, I guess.

I'm watching a Dishonored mission walkthrough, you can possess a fish...I'm getting this game :lol:

*edit*

Seriously though, it looks like it has a good amount of game mechanics and a really cool world.

Link - video is at the bottom of the page.

Edited by WDeranged

Guest Slinky

Bloody hell, it's a combination of Dark Messiah, Thief and Hitman! I was going to buy it anyway just because it's an Arcane game but after that, it's a day one purchase for me!

Edited by Slinky

Bloody hell, it's a combination of Dark Messiah, Thief and Hitman! I was going to buy it anyway just because it's an Arcane game but after that, it's a day one purchase for me!

The exclusive pre-order bonuses are a freaking nightmare, instead of just paying for the damn thing I need to telepathically know which of these "bonuses" won't derp my game :lol:

Edited by WDeranged

The exclusive pre-order bonuses are a freaking nightmare, instead of just paying for the damn thing I need to telepathically know which of these "bonuses" won't derp my game :lol:

Groan, that's even worse than what Bio does these days. Incredibly stupid system.

Groan, that's even worse than what Bio does these days. Incredibly stupid system.

Bethesda is trying to balance being good with DLC and generally decent with DRM (Steam is not the worst solution, though hardly the best) with some truly excruciating pre-order bonus stuff. If it's like New Vegas it shouldn't matter much on the long run though.

Bethesda is trying to balance being good with DLC and generally decent with DRM (Steam is not the worst solution, though hardly the best) with some truly excruciating pre-order bonus stuff. If it's like New Vegas it shouldn't matter much on the long run though.

It's a Bethesda game? I wonder if I can still cancel my preorder. :p

Bethesda the publisher, not Bethesda the developer. It's Arkane, the Dark Messiah of Might & Magic/Arx Fatalis folks that developed it, with the help of ex-Deus Ex Harvey Smith. In other words, a pretty solid team. That said, Bethesda hasn't been the greatest publisher in the past, so I could understand wanting to get some solid feedback on the final game before jumping on it.

Bethesda the publisher, not Bethesda the developer. It's Arkane, the Dark Messiah of Might & Magic/Arx Fatalis folks that developed it, with the help of ex-Deus Ex Harvey Smith. In other words, a pretty solid team. That said, Bethesda hasn't been the greatest publisher in the past, so I could understand wanting to get some solid feedback on the final game before jumping on it.

Yeah, definitely talking about the publisher part. I preordered the PS3 version, and their work on PS3 has been anything but stellar (including timed x360 exclusives).

Also, the studio seems to be Freeeench and hasn't shipped a game since 2006. Still, I'll continue on my stupid "if it looks like it's a game in an overlooked genre I would like to see more of, I'll preorder it in the hopes that publishers will see the appeal" approach.

Edited by Nepenthe

Arkane is the best thing since the demise of Looking Glass studios. They may not have shipped a game since 2006, but that's because they were very unlucky. They worked on the unique MP/SP mix "The Crossing", which later was put on ice due to lack of funding. They also worked on a secret project with EA...till EA in all their wisdom canceled it. They also contributed in some Bioshock 2 leveldesign.

I pre-purchased Dishonored on Steam from the day it was available, 'cause I want that company to survive and thrive.

That still leaves the French bit. I studied French for 12 years, and somebody has to pay. :p

Looks like Valve killed another one of their projects. I thought Valve only hugged pink bunnies and made gaming a better place for the master race? or it was ****.

Edited by Nepenthe

Arkane is the best thing since the demise of Looking Glass studios. They may not have shipped a game since 2006, but that's because they were very unlucky. They worked on the unique MP/SP mix "The Crossing", which later was put on ice due to lack of funding. They also worked on a secret project with EA...till EA in all their wisdom canceled it. They also contributed in some Bioshock 2 leveldesign.

I pre-purchased Dishonored on Steam from the day it was available, 'cause I want that company to survive and thrive.

They're owned by Zenimax, so they don't even require a 84 on metacritic.

/lowblow

• Like 1

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.