Diablo 3 Sign-Up

All excellent reasons. Since 99% of my gaming is online I guess Im just used to it. It never crossed my mind as a negative.

Actually very big shame for them, I was really crazy about the game, when they announced it (same when they announced SCII), but the always online connection cooled down all my interests... Anyway willing to buy Starcraft II BattleChest, after they finnish all the games, if they patch out the always online DRM...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Really wanted to buy SC2 when it first came out, but now I'm glad I didn't. I enjoyed the few multiplayer games I got to play at my friends' places, but it seems pretty much the same old starcraft. That said, I never was that crazy about SC1... if D3 is the same old D2 it will be awesome.

I'm much more concerned about all the mechanics surgery they've been doing, like automated allocation of stat upgrades.

I'm absolutely unrealiable in terms of this sort of stuff, as I leave for long stretches, but I'd like to think I could join a game. I'll play the single player, lan party based, and hopefully get a chance to play online with a few of you bastards. Worst case scenario, I'll won't be on the boards here, but if I am I'm game. I'll also probably be a little... confused by consumption of adult beverages, but that probably won't make much difference in my gameplay and I don't engage in drama over loot.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'm much more concerned about all the mechanics surgery they've been doing, like automated allocation of stat upgrades.

Yes, there's that too. It looks like even less chr. customization is possible than before. No more trying out interesting oddball builds, or at least it'll probably be very limited.

I do like how they've put in all these original sounds from the first game and stuff. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ok, I just finished playing the wizard as far as you can (the first major boss) and its a lot of fun. I killed everything that moved and destroyed everything that can be destroyed and was at level 10 at the end. Exploring every inch of the map produced two quests which could be overlooked if you just stuck to the main path. Exploration has its benefits.

Ill dive right into the specifics:

Graphics: I have everything turned up to 11 and its just adequate, comparable to Torchlight.

Difficulty: Im playing on Normal and never sniffed death. I recommend Hard or higher.

POWAHS: You start with one Primary (mapped to l-click) and one Secondary (mapped to r-click). I pretty much stuck with Ground Shock (AoE) and a direct damage freeze ray spell that you could hold down and spray like a fire hose or just tap rapid fire. At level 6 you start unlocking Runes which are powerups to the existing Primary and Secondary abilities. For example, the first spell you start with as a Wizard is Magic Missle and the first Rune you unlock will make the missle do more damage. I cant remember exactly but around level 6 you start unlocking Defensive Skills (mapped to #1 key) and the abilities I unlocked were Frost Nova (AoE w/ freeze in place) and Diamond Skin which makes you completely invulnerable for a short time. The next ablitiy learned around level 8 is Force Skills (mapped to #2 key) and my only choice was Wave of Force which is a 360 degree pushback of all enemies. Both the Defensive and Force Skills can also be Runed but you dont unlock it before the beta ends. At level 10 you unlock your first Passive skill. The first two choices that unlock for Wizard are Blur (-20% melee damage) and another that grants +20 mana when you run over a health globe.

That may read as being complicated but in practice is very fluid.

Combat: As expected. Every click right or left produces an attack. You can hold down the Shift key which will root you and prevent you from accidentally moving when you are trying to attack. Very useful key.

NPC's: Every one is voiced. Fortunately it doesnt zoom in on a talking face but instead just presents a small picture and you hear them talking. The Blacksmith can actually be improved as you go and its there that you can also train yourself to make weapons and armor. You start out with a few patterns and can get more by "training" yourself for 2k gold a pop. To craft an item you need to have Subtle Essences which you get by scrapping magical gear youve picked up along the way. Naturally you can only scrap an item at the blacksmith. Each item costs X amount of Essences to craft.

Loot: Interesting and not overly numerous (IMO, Torchlight actually had too much loot to lug around). Once picked up, hovering over it will compare to what you currently have equipped. Equipping an item shows on your toon and magical weapons have a cool visual effect.

Next up, the fearsome Witch Doctor. If anyone has any questions, fire away.

• Like 2

Cheers Gfted. What are your system specs, if I may? And are the dungeons linear or more open?

I'm looking forward to this more and more, this will be the summer of D3 and (gasps) enhanced BG1. Who'da Thunk It???

sonsofgygax.JPG

Thanks Gifted.

1. How is the general difficulty, map size/openness/linearity and pace of play feel compared to D2 (if you haven't played D2, Torchlight)?

2. How much were you able to customize your character, equipment and skills by the end of the beta - that is, are there a lot of different ways in which you could build your character with very different gameplay results? I don't expect too much of this in early levels, though.

i7 2.67 GHz

9 GB RAM

ATI 5850

The dungeons are open and fairy large. Of course all paths lead to the same end but theres different ways to get there. The quests I spoke about above are an example. If you beeline through one of the dungeon levels you can overlook a hall that leads to a ghost that offers you a quest. When out in the open land, if you just stick to the path you will miss a random dead body that turns out to be the Blacksmiths apprentice. When you meet the Blacksmith it actually triggers an additional conversation where you let him know hes dead.

Thanks Gifted.

1. How is the general difficulty, map size/openness/linearity and pace of play feel compared to D2 (if you haven't played D2, Torchlight)?

2. How much were you able to customize your character, equipment and skills by the end of the beta - that is, are there a lot of different ways in which you could build your character with very different gameplay results? I don't expect too much of this in early levels, though.

The Normal difficulty is a joke. I never fell below half health. Map size and linearity are directly comparable to Torchlight.

Customization is a little limited in the beginning but by the endgame you will have a choices from:

4 Primary Skills

4 Secondary Skills

5 Runes for each Primary and Secondary

4 Defensive Skills

5 Force Skills

5 Runes for each Defensive and Force Skill

3 Passive Skills

By beta end I never even got to peek at Conjuration or Mastery skills so I cant comment on those. As you can see, I dont think there will be an issue with choices/builds. You can choose the sex of your toon but you cannot customize the look. Armor and weapons will change the look but you cant adjust the physical properties of your toon.

That's less skills than D2, no stat adjustment, but the runes I always thought were a great idea and hopefully spice it up. Hmph. I still remain confused about how this will turn out.

No MP in the beta, I assume?

I still don't like how you can no longer choose where to put your VIT and such. Perhaps there are items down the road that make that less of an irritation.

Here's a person doing some recent no-chat/talk LP's of the Wizard and also has one MP vid up. I've come to prefer ppl who don't yak during their LP's. http://www.youtube.com/user/wiqedgaming/videos

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

<3 my Zombie Dogs. The Witch Doctor plays much differently from the Wizard.

Are the dungeons randomly generated? Cant decide if my mind is playing tricks.

Yes, dungeons are randomly generated, last I heard. Above ground the land is static but there are randomly generated different pieces (like you might encounter a cart where it wasn't before). Dungeons more random, but it won't be quite the same sort as in Diablo2, I think.

Edited by LadyCrimson