Mass Effect 3

Gorth

Guest Slinky

That's nonsense. Why does he get to resist it if he chooses the Destroy option? the only reason people are saying that is because of the bonus portion at the end.

The other two represent succumbing to reapers or something like that. And I personally find that bonus portion kinda big hint of something. Don't have answers for the rest of your post.

I think there's no contest that a lot of people wanted a happy ending. I also think that in general, it's a lot easier to accept a poorly executed happy ending over a poorly executed unhappy one. Of course, after the analysis Weekes or somebody with an exceptional grasp of story and crpg design posing as him posted, nobody else (including myself) needn't really bother.

Happy endings ultimately leave the player feeling like they completed their quest. Evil is vanquished, good triumphs, and everyone goes home and has fun. Dark endings, if done badly, leave the people feeling like they didn't really succeed. Sure, they fulfilled the "Stated" goal of everything, but at the end of the day they still had everything they worked for die painfully.

• Like 1

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

A happy ending would be an interruptable ending - zapping straight to credits!!

I think the worst part about the ending is that Shepard moves so slowly.. Which just reminded me of the absolute horror of being powerless to interrupt the neverending cutscenes.. A long and painful exercise.. The truest form of sadism.. And then

when the ground where Shepard fell turned out to be a platform ascending into the light I thougth "careful with the hand or he's gonna lose it".. But he didn't lose it.

(Signatures: disabled) 

That's nonsense. Why does he get to resist it if he chooses the Destroy option? the only reason people are saying that is because of the bonus portion at the end.

The other two represent succumbing to reapers or something like that. And I personally find that bonus portion kinda big hint of something. Don't have answers for the rest of your post.

How do we even know the destroy action destroys the reapers. It might as well be the automatic window cleaning cycle, by inference the architect is not to be trusted. Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So the manager of Child's Play asked the person in charge of the Retake Mass Effect drive to end the drive because it's causing 'difficulties' for them. Anyone want to speculate on what those difficulties might be?

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So the manager of Child's Play asked the person in charge of the Retake Mass Effect drive to end the drive because it's causing 'difficulties' for them. Anyone want to speculate on what those difficulties might be?

Apparently hate mail because folks were associating Child's Play with the Retake Movement, as though they were an actual part of the movement, rather than simply a beneficiary of the Movement's donations.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

EA Lawyers?

Hey, it said 'speculate' ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't believe someone would send hate mail to a charity.

What else is Casey Hudson supposed to do with his day now that ME3 has been release?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I can't believe someone would send hate mail to a charity.

This is the internet... and besides, there have been people screaming at the top of their lungs that if Bioware gives in and changes the endings, they're setting a terrible precedent and will ruin the industry FOREVAR!

I just finished the game. I thought the ending was fine, maybe not the best ever, but hardly worth getting up in arms over. What I really enjoyed was talking to all my old friends in London before the final push, and then heading into battle with my best buddy Garrus and my girl Ashley.

Anyone else never really feel attached to Anderson?

I just finished the game. I thought the ending was fine, maybe not the best ever, but hardly worth getting up in arms over. What I really enjoyed was talking to all my old friends in London before the final push, and then heading into battle with my best buddy Garrus and my girl Ashley.

Didn't really feel any attachment to most of the characters this time. Possibly exception being my "romance" option from ME2, but then she was the only one who ever cared about my Fish (and she didn't want to go back to the Normandy) :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well you only ever see him what, once each game?

Controversy Erupts Over ME 3 Writer's Forum Post Name Release.

I want this to be true, but I also recall that people created posts by Hepler so images or C+P of what he supposedly said isn't verification.

To quote Mordin, theory fits evidence. If it's a hacker/fake, it's advanced trolling on the level of the guy who launched the Truth DLC theory on 4chan.

Also, Patrick just left for a "vacation". :p

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I want this to be true, but I also recall that people created posts by Hepler so images or C+P of what he supposedly said isn't verification.

I just finished my first playthrough the other night, and while playing I tried to stay away from any ME3 stuff. I don't live under a rock though. I knew there was a lot of upset over the ending, but like Hurlshot, I felt that sure it could have been better, but it wasn't all that bad. It certainly wasn't Borderlands bad.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

If that's true (and I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure), then it certainly paints Casey Hudson and Mac Walters with massive egos. It would also explain why an entire writing team would actually think that ending was good. I refuse to believe that a full team of individuals whose job it is is to write for a living, would all think that was an awesome ending to the trilogy. However, I could very well see one or two egos who think quite highly of their own work could.

Didn't really feel any attachment to most of the characters this time. Possibly exception being my "romance" option from ME2, but then she was the only one who ever cared about my Fish (and she didn't want to go back to the Normandy) :(

I'll never understand why they dumped more or less the whole ME1 cast in ME2. The ability to play some of the same characters over the course of the trilogy is what made them so endearing in BG.

But then the only memorable character from ME1 was Garrus, so it was probably for the best.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Mmh, agree with GhostofAnakin, not a really pretty picture. And makes sense, too.

I'll never understand why they dumped more or less the whole ME1 cast in ME2. The ability to play some of the same characters over the course of the trilogy is what made them so endearing in BG.

But then the only memorable character from ME1 was Garrus, so it was probably for the best.

I think it was a side-effect of the suicide mission shtick. They wanted to keep some people definitely alive for 3 - even if it's really just Liara and one of Kaidan or Ashley. Kind of like all the "new" ME2 companions being reduced to cameos (well, apart from the two with creepy-obsessive fans) in ME3 was, as well.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If that's true (and I'm not sure we'll ever know for sure), then it certainly paints Casey Hudson and Mac Walters with massive egos. It would also explain why an entire writing team would actually think that ending was good. I refuse to believe that a full team of individuals whose job it is is to write for a living, would all think that was an awesome ending to the trilogy. However, I could very well see one or two egos who think quite highly of their own work could.

Yeah. I know somebody who says thtat Casey comes uff with a huge pile of "SMUG^tm". And I dont' know if this happened to anyone else, but when me and Der first finished the game, we couldn't skip the credits until Casey's name had shown up as "Project Director" (the prompt would come up and everything, but it'd just ignore you until after Casey's name had taken off).

So him changing the endings because it has to be grimdark(!) is in character.

Liara and Wrex. Liara is probably a more personal choice, but Wrex was arguably THE memorable character. Garrus was just the "Good cop confined by red tape" archtype, and it wasn't until ME2 where he gained a PILE more complexity.

That's funny because the game wouldn't have lost anything even if the final mission wasn't touted as "suicide" but rather as just hellishly difficult. In fact, considering how easy it was to get everyone out alive, the suicide thing made it more anti-climatic than anything.

Yeah. I know somebody who says thtat Casey comes uff with a huge pile of "SMUG^tm". And I dont' know if this happened to anyone else, but when me and Der first finished the game, we couldn't skip the credits until Casey's name had shown up as "Project Director" (the prompt would come up and everything, but it'd just ignore you until after Casey's name had taken off).

So him changing the endings because it has to be grimdark(!) is in character.

Liara and Wrex. Liara is probably a more personal choice, but Wrex was arguably THE memorable character. Garrus was just the "Good cop confined by red tape" archtype, and it wasn't until ME2 where he gained a PILE more complexity.

You're right about Wrex. For some reason I though of Grunt as an ME1 character, because they're so similar. Except Wrex is an actual character of sorts, and Grunt comes off as a stand-in.

ME2's ending mission is probably the best (if not at least top 5) endings equences ever. ME3's ending not up there but ME2 ending is friggin' awesome.

You calim it's 'easy' but only if you pay attention. Even people on this baord who pretend to be 'smart' ended up having their floks 'die'. R00fles!

What's anticlimatic is the ending of BG1 where the game just ends. L0L

me3 ENDING > bg1 ENDING

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.