Future of the Dragon Age franchise

MrBrown

Locationswise, it would be nice if it was in Tevinter with all their houses conspiring against each other with "forbidden" blood magic. But who am i kidding? it will be about the final fight against the Darkspawn *yawn*

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Also, Shepard, err the main character will have the option to become a dragon.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Locationswise, it would be nice if it was in Tevinter with all their houses conspiring against each other with "forbidden" blood magic. But who am i kidding? it will be about the final fight against the Darkspawn *yawn*

I dunno, based on the last novel, I was assuming it'd be about a holy war between tevinter and orlais, but since the axed expansion was called "Holy march", I have no idea.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

"I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought the characters in DA2 were painfully bad. "

DA2's chaarcetrs are VASTLY sueprior to DA1's. Vastly.

OFF TOPIC: Boo - http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/17086/mass-effect-writer-drew-karpyshyn-reveals-original-mass-effect-3-endings

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

That, arguably, isn't any better than what's already on the table.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Again, it's not neccessary about quality. It's about the 'bosses' changing the original vision. Which is whast you were complaining about as you defended that silly overrated (but okay) movie while saying that the BIO writes didn';t have that excuse.

Again, it's not neccessary about quality. It's about the 'bosses' changing the original vision. Which is whast you were complaining about as you defended that silly overrated (but okay) movie while saying that the BIO writes didn';t have that excuse.

No. I never claimed the bosses screwed up in Bioware. I was accusing the lot of them for not having a clear idea where to take the series.

In retrospect, that was pointless, since they already admitted as much.

i want more rpg's that make you feel like you are exploring a world.

i'd like to see a game that felt like the original baldurs gate for DA3. start from nowhere and go (almost) anywhere, no railroading.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i'd like to see a game that felt like the original baldurs gate for DA3. start from nowhere and go (almost) anywhere, no railroading.

So, Skyrim? :w00t:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So, Skyrim? :w00t:

I'd assume he hasn't given up on the storyline and characters that much.

• Like 1

Guess I'll just wait and see, then. I'm not too worried, to be honest, I'm on record as liking the Lacroix ending in Bloodlines. :p

Wait... since when is that considered a bad thing?

Also heard bad things about Dungeon Siege 2 or Divinity 2 (both without expansions), can't really see why "you screwed up!" is sooo bad for most people. I like it.

Anyways, still no ME3 experience, just wondering about this ending...

Just remember if the indoctrination theory proves to be right (as I personally believe), the really crappy ending will turn in to one of the best endings ever in record time.

You mean like Monkey Island 2? How some people think it's the best thing since sliced bread while it sucks and hate MI-3 for trying to somehow work with such a horrible ending?

So, Dragon Age III? Can I assume I'm the only one here who's looking forward to it?

Only if it returns to being like DA:O, which I liked.

I'm interested, but not sure I'm looking forward to it. If it'll be of what DAII offered, I think I'll pass. If it's more like Origins then I'll probably get it.

Or said like this, which I see many other users agree with too.

So obviously it wont happen to please some CoD crowd :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

ok, so my opinion may not match others', but I actually feel like mass effect 3, so far (8 hours in), is an even worse follow up to ME2 than Dragon Age 2 was to DA:O.

following that trend: DA3 is going to be flat out terrible. go bioware.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

ok, so my opinion may not match others', but I actually feel like mass effect 3, so far (8 hours in), is an even worse follow up to ME2 than Dragon Age 2 was to DA:O.

following that trend: DA3 is going to be flat out terrible. go bioware.

Hmmm...

Two different teams.

ME3 was indeed the most forgettable in the trilogy. It's not even a month since I finished it and I swear I already forgot important key points of the plot.

But DA2 was better than Origin, sorry to break the mood here, guys.

I think Laidlaw & Gaider have a better grip on their puppy than Hudson and Walters do, so I wouldn't write off DA3 just because the ME team "failed".

Big problems I think that got noted about DA2 were... (slightly exaggerated)

Romances were broke. All gay guys and gals keep hitting on you, even after you make it clear you are NOT INTERESTED. Especially Anders...then he was crazy anyways.

Areas are re-used 50 times over...eventually you don't know if you are travelling to market or finding the dragon or simply lost in the mines since you swear that cave looks the same for each one.

The ending makes no sense. You end up having to fight the leaders of both sides no matter who you align yourself with or even what class you are!

Magically appearing swarms.

Not as many places to go.

End of snarky remarks on some major items broken in DA2.

That said, I think they were trying to be experimental and try some new things in DA2 based around saving time and money. Unfortunately they weren't the right ideas to try out.

Made a disaster out of a molehill.

That said, depending on what they fix up for the next one it could be good, or could be terrible.

Romances were broke. All gay guys and gals keep hitting on you, even after you make it clear you are NOT INTERESTED. Especially Anders...then he was crazy anyways.

Areas are re-used 50 times over...eventually you don't know if you are travelling to market or finding the dragon or simply lost in the mines since you swear that cave looks the same for each one.

The ending makes no sense. You end up having to fight the leaders of both sides no matter who you align yourself with or even what class you are!

Magically appearing swarms.

Not as many places to go.

The only one I had a major issue with the ending, where no matter what side you chose, you had to fight both "bosses" anyway. The lead up to that was, IMO, fine.

The re-used areas and swarming waves of enemies was a minor issue for me, but not one that I'd hold against DA3. Maybe a bit of tweaking when it comes to the re-used areas to hide the fact cosmetically (ie. remove areas on minimap that can't be accessed), but not a game breaker for me. As for the swarms, with the new "press the awesome button" combat system, tactical combat wasn't going to work very well anyway. And that's pretty much the only thing that's affected by swarms of enemies. At least for me.

I don't get the complaint about the gay romances. When Anders was hitting on me, I shot him down. I don't recall him pushing himself on me after that.

One thing I'd like to see DA3 return to is the multiple cities to travel to. DA:O just seemed like a much more massive game than DA2, largely because there were multiple city hubs.

I actually liked Acts 1 and 2 in DA2. Act 3 is where things started to go down the toilet for me.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was one of those that Anders simply would NOT let alone. Every other comment was some flirt like I was in a romance with him even when I already did the heartbreak symbol and blatantly told him no.

It irritated me.

I think others were absolutely infuriated further than I was.

I'm not into guys, so him forcing it down that track was not exactly something I enjoyed. I have to admit I didn't like the entire Isabella thing either...she was another one (opposite side of the coin) that didn't seem to take no as the right answer. I think less complained about her than Anders and the male romance options.

That said, I think they were trying to be experimental and try some new things in DA2 based around saving time and money. Unfortunately they weren't the right ideas to try out.

Made a disaster out of a molehill.

That said, depending on what they fix up for the next one it could be good, or could be terrible.

I don't believe they were trying anything but how to spend more time polishing the romances. If they had actually decided to just create a few areas for use the least that they could had done was to make them decent looking. I think it was bad design based on comments about DA:O, I seem to recall that the reason for the big open spaces was some dev saying that spending time on things that nobody notices (he pointed to the scattered books on the Mages' tower as an example) I say that everyone noticed the absence of proper level design.

That whole game looks like it was made by a student playing around with UDK, and I dare say that there is a chance that it would had come out looking better if it was true.

But please, don't say that their stupidity was innovation. The game just looks lazy.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"All gay guys and gals keep hitting on you, "

No. No, they don't. They all stopped the moment I said no.

"I was one of those that Anders simply would NOT let alone. Every other comment was some flirt like I was in a romance with him even when I already did the heartbreak symbol and blatantly told him no."

I don't beleive you. If oent ells Anders to back off he backs off romantically. Period. You obviously kept giving his signals that you were interested. Justa dmit you like the attention and egged him on.

• Like 1

You obviously kept giving his signals that you were interested. Justa dmit you like the attention and egged him on.

sometimes i love volourn

"All gay guys and gals keep hitting on you, "

No. No, they don't. They all stopped the moment I said no.

"I was one of those that Anders simply would NOT let alone. Every other comment was some flirt like I was in a romance with him even when I already did the heartbreak symbol and blatantly told him no."

I don't beleive you. If oent ells Anders to back off he backs off romantically. Period. You obviously kept giving his signals that you were interested. Justa dmit you like the attention and egged him on.

No, I'm pretty certain I told him in no uncertain terms. I think others had the same problem. Bioware didn't even say it was a bug and never fixed it either.

I don't really give a dang what you believe, what I told you is fact...period.

If you don't like them facts...well...too bad. You can have your opinion...but you can't change the facts.

Edited by greylord

None of the NPCs hit on you proactively. You have to always be the one to start it.

The confusion for Anders probably stems from him being the only where you can start it with the Diplomatic option, as opposed to the Romance option (the heart one). Said option does read "I'll do anything for you" though, so if you bother reading what you choose you'll be able to avoid it. :p

I obviously can't discount the existence of a bug, but I've never seen anyone actually detail it out, so my bets are on the above.

Never had Anders hit on me...but never kept him in my party if I wasn't doing one of his quests anyhow. And first time around I couldn't even get to Isabella's romance, much less have her flirt with me unwantedly.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Basically eventually he'll come up front and you simply say...Not interested. Don't pursue it. I'm not that type of person. And his heartbreaks or whatever.

However after that, he keeps hitting on you like suggesting you go behind a wall and do it...which is just wierd. Or making sexual innuendos about both of you and him.

The ironic thing is Isabella has a similar take with the sexual innuendo portion. She always seems to have that somewhere in her dialogue.

No one takes notice of her however, they focus on Anders.

I think it's because of a primarily male audience that likes the Female flirt thing...but not so much with the male flirt.