What are you playing now?

Suikoden... All the blessings to the guy which recommended this game to me!!! It is realy awesome game, I started to play it at 8pm, and I was unable to stop until I realised that it is 5am in the morning O.o

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Suikoden... All the blessings to the guy which recommended this game to me!!! It is realy awesome game, I started to play it at 8pm, and I was unable to stop until I realised that it is 5am in the morning O.o

If you can find it, you have to get Suikoden II.

I will try to get it as soon as I finnish first game :)

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

...smashin' me way through 'nother romp o' Vagrant Story on the PS3...waitin' on June, then 'nother beatdown session o' DarkSiders 'til I's gets me hands on DarkSiders II...console gamin' be 'bout as deep as I gets ta delve inta these days, what wit' kids, work, an' such; more's the pity... :(

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

I started up Tales of Graces f.

I've always liked the Tales series character interaction (well at least since they stopped cutting them out of the US versions of the games... :p) which is still fun; has sort of an interesting twist on a JRPG cliche' (the reckless hero youth and his friends go an adventure and get kinda screwed up because of it). Still very early in the game, I think. Combat reminds me of other Tales games, although I don't like the limit on the number of attacks you can do (seems to artificial).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Trine. What a nice surprise. Had forgotten that I picked it up with some other games in the Frozenbyte Indie Bundle.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

trine was really fun for the few hours it lasted, i might give that a replay sometime soon

i want suikoden to get a complete series release on psn since the discs are somewhat rare now

i think tonight im going to start legends of grimrock too since all the cool kids are doing it

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Still level 6 in grimrock, the game is starting to get nasty.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yeah, that's where I am. At this point I must admit to myself that I enjoy the puzzles a lot more than the combat. One gog review apparently complained that combat was "based on your WASD Tango Skill," which I think is a rather apt description. At least the puzzle focus means the combat isn't always the focus, tho. :)

I also wish they had varied the tileset a bit more. I realize this is a very low budget etc. game but it wouldn't have taken that much to give it a slightly less generic feel, while still retaining that old skool flavor, I think.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm too old for strafing around, taking swipes and potshots at enemies. I'm surprised this Grimrock is so popular. Played enough of Lands of Lore (the old school version of Oblivion, Patrick Stewart included) and Eye of the Beholder when the animals could still speak.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeah, that's where I am. At this point I must admit to myself that I enjoy the puzzles a lot more than the combat. One gog review apparently complained that combat was "based on your WASD Tango Skill," which I think is a rather apt description. At least the puzzle focus means the combat isn't always the focus, tho. :)

I also wish they had varied the tileset a bit more. I realize this is a very low budget etc. game but it wouldn't have taken that much to give it a slightly less generic feel, while still retaining that old skool flavor, I think.

I'm not finding the combat a huge problem, if there's at least a 2x2 space to retreat to. It can be tiring if you play a lot in one sitting.

I'm too old for strafing around, taking swipes and potshots at enemies. I'm surprised this Grimrock is so popular. Played enough of Lands of Lore (the old school version of Oblivion, Patrick Stewart included) and Eye of the Beholder when the animals could still speak.

I'm enjoying it because I haven't played this kind of game before. I can see how you wouldn't enjoy it after a lot similar games.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

Finished KoA, and now am on to my fourth play through of Dungeon Siege III, finally getting around to using Katarina. I finally downloaded the DLC, too.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You ever see one of those glowing blue crystals? That will revive and restore everyone.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was surprised to see I have zero played hours for any of my Steam games for the last two weeks. Only PC game I'm playing right now is Avadon (non Steam version), and it's not very regularly. I play it every four or five days. Consoles and portables are taking up most of my time at the moment. Mostly playing JRPGs at the moment.

Risen 2, Darksiders II and Diablo III are pre-ordered and will make my PC run hot.

im still having this problem where no game i play is able to adequately capture my interest. this happens to me a lot when im waiting for a big release (in this case, diablo 3)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm not finding the combat a huge problem, if there's at least a 2x2 space to retreat to. It can be tiring if you play a lot in one sitting.

I think for most it's less that combat is a "problem" and more that it's repetitive. Even way back when it was repetitive. Would have been nice if they could have found a way to alter that a bit while still retaining the old feel. :)

Taking a break from Grimrock for a few days I think...going to play some Casear3 maps instead. Something less combat oriented for variation. :biggrin:

Oh...this weekend I also tried playing FNV on the big TV using a controller. Complete with all my mods. I eventually got used to the xbox controller for Borderlands but for FNV...I think I'll pass. Too bad, would have been nice to play it a little on the huge screen.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

You ever see one of those glowing blue crystals? That will revive and restore everyone.

Huh...that actually makes the game seem a bit too easy. I think I'd prefer permadeath.

There's only one crystal on each level and they're often right at the end. Playing on hard I can tell you, by level 7 I'm starting to really need them.

I think for most it's less that combat is a "problem" and more that it's repetitive. Even way back when it was repetitive. Would have been nice if they could have found a way to alter that a bit while still retaining the old feel. :)

Taking a break from Grimrock for a few days I think...going to play some Casear3 maps instead. Something less combat oriented for variation. :biggrin:

Oh...this weekend I also tried playing FNV on the big TV using a controller. Complete with all my mods. I eventually got used to the xbox controller for Borderlands but for FNV...I think I'll pass. Too bad, would have been nice to play it a little on the huge screen.

I don't think this is necessarily true, most RPG combat is far more repetitive and consists only of clicking on the target and waiting for auto attack to finish the job. Secondly there isn't that much combat in Grimrock. By level 7 I've killed only 350 monsters, which is peanuts to most other games. It seems combat oriented because it can't be played on autopilot like other games. It forces you to pay attention constantly which makes it seem much more combat heavy than it is.

I can see how people who like to breeze through fighting to the rest of the content would dislike this, but the fear of turning a corner because something might jump in your face is an integral part to the atmosphere.

I've also been playing Legend of Grimrock up to level 6. There I met an ogre that killed my party in two seconds. I think I won't come back to the game again.

At the begining, it was fun. Combat was manageable and puzzles weren't too tedious. Then it became worse and worse.

This might not be the kind of games I enjoy now.

As a teenager, I enjoyed challenges. Now, I'm rather into having some entertainment after a day of work, not some frustration.

I think there are 13, but the last three may not be real full length dungeons.