What you did today

Rosbjerg

Sometimes my parents are really annoying. Apparently my grandfather was hospitalized with a stroke, and nobody told me till after he'd died.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My Father-in-law is in the hospital. He was complaining of back pain on Thursday, and they went to a chiropractor Now he has some pretty serious health concerns, and both my wife and I were upset that he didn't go to a doctor instead. So Saturday night I got a call in the middle of the night form my Mother-in-law, apparently he couldn't get up and was stuck on the floor. I went over there and tried to help, but he weighs 300 pounds. We called an ambulance and they took him away (it was an all-woman crew too, took 6 of use to get him out of the house.)

At the hospital his condition worsened, his kidneys are failing. He's in pretty bad shape right now, I'm concerned about him being able to pull through. He's about 62, and as I said he has a lot of health issues. If he doesn't make it, I keep thinking about how hard it is that my son is too young to really remember him. I wish those thoughts wouldn't pop in my head.

My Father-in-law is in the hospital. He was complaining of back pain on Thursday, and they went to a chiropractor Now he has some pretty serious health concerns, and both my wife and I were upset that he didn't go to a doctor instead. So Saturday night I got a call in the middle of the night form my Mother-in-law, apparently he couldn't get up and was stuck on the floor. I went over there and tried to help, but he weighs 300 pounds. We called an ambulance and they took him away (it was an all-woman crew too, took 6 of use to get him out of the house.)

At the hospital his condition worsened, his kidneys are failing. He's in pretty bad shape right now, I'm concerned about him being able to pull through. He's about 62, and as I said he has a lot of health issues. If he doesn't make it, I keep thinking about how hard it is that my son is too young to really remember him. I wish those thoughts wouldn't pop in my head.

Hope everything turns out for the best.

Sometimes my parents are really annoying. Apparently my grandfather was hospitalized with a stroke, and nobody told me till after he'd died.

Condolences.

Ahhh ****... He's not dead... he got released and apparently has a hole in his heart >.< Have NO idea what I was saying

Ahhh ****... He's not dead...

...happens in the best of families :biggrin:

he got released and apparently has a hole in his heart

Isn't that Valentine thing coming up soon? Demolished hearts seems to be a recurring theme that time of year.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Condolences.

Ahhh ****... He's not dead... he got released and apparently has a hole in his heart >.< Have NO idea what I was saying

My friend; it is high time that you understood that most families are crazy. Whenever I see a happy family I treat them like the Dodo: at first am skeptical and them I try to put them in a reservation.

Just bear with it and try not to do or say something too drastic that you'll regret, because in the end you will miss them when they are gone.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I have completed and giftwrapped the steel, copper, and silver necklace I made yesterday (with the aid of a friend with a forge - never go without one), pink champagne, chocolates.

Oh yeah.

Ready to crash and burn. Wish me luck, chaps.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Managed about 3 or 4 hours of sleep last night, and feeling like I'm just being incredibly slow with what work I'm pushing along today.

Throw in the dog being a wee bit over-enthusiastic and a muddy garden.. just adds to the fun.

Drinking much tea to keep me going.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Mondays are nice when you have them off work. Should take more of these in the future.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

My copy of Planescape: Torment that I ordered off Amazon which was supposed arrive today didn't come in the post. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow. I really need to find better ways to spend my time on holidays than waiting for a game to arrive.

Hi...welcome to the forums.
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My copy of Planescape: Torment that I ordered off Amazon which was supposed arrive today didn't come in the post. Hopefully it'll come tomorrow. I really need to find better ways to spend my time on holidays than waiting for a game to arrive.

Hi...welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome.

Not in romantic mood today as close friend hit by sudden family death. They had been so full of happiness recently. Just awful.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Feeling a bit better, thanks to Nina Simone.

EDIT: Proving that I quite literally can't dance, I just did a groovy side-shimmy ...and pulled something in my shoulder. :lol:

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

-Elwood Blues

Was meant to be doing research, but my internet keeps dying for large chunks of time.

Tried calling up my isp to query them on it, and they won't even tell you the status of the exchange in your area unless you go through all sorts of security about who you are and what your account is...

Now I'm crossing my fingers that things stay working longer then 5 minutes at a time..

Guess the vein in my forehead was getting a bit prominent, the office is sending me on a nice conference trip into the Netherlands for a couple of days. I'll get to hit the excellent Whisky store at Schiphol on the way back, barring any wanker actually successfully blowing the place up in between.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Today was **** for me.... I screwed up in a friendship and so am in the doghouse and beating myself up for that . Then saw the Nostalgia Critic Patch Adems review just now... and that stirred up some BAAAD memories.

Frustrations with the dog. Well, Okay, to be more fair, frustrations with my sister's attitude to the dog.

It's her dog. She's the one who went out and insisted on getting an alsatian. And she carefully manipulated the truth to get it past dad. Along with the whole "i'll train it, I'll be walking it, and I'll be moving in with my boyfriend in x months time so you won't have to put up with it for long."

Of course, now she's broken up with the bf, so she isn't moving out. The alsatian isn't that greatly trained for anyone else, and pretty much only pays attention to her. She's walking him less and less, and he's only just past his first birthday. The back garden has been turned into a mudpit along one large diagonal swathe. The carpets are getting wrecked no matter how many times I hoover and steam clean them. The washing machine is getting overloaded with mud from the towels used to dry off the dogs. The kitchen cupboards are just dirty from him running past them as he comes in from the garden..

And my sister keeps being totally oblivious about it and doesn't seem to recognise the fact that she should be cleaning some of this up. Even after mom's blown up at her and basically cried in frustration over it. For someone in her 30's... my sister seems to have a knack for acting like a totally clueless, spoiled 15 year old. >_<

For someone in her 30's... my sister seems to have a knack for acting like a totally clueless, spoiled 15 year old. >_<

Selfishness doesn't have an age limit.

Staying up a bit later than I should due to the fact I've ate something that hasn't agreed with me. Work will be fun tomorrow.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

30's! Yikes, talk about failure to launch.

Eh, she's moved out, she's come back, she got engaged, she moved in with her fiance, a year later that broke up and she moved home.. she spent a year away living at a farm and working at the stables there, then came home to save money so she can get a place for herself...

It's that sort of repeat.

Heh, I mean, i've kind of got a good excuse for not having left home. I've been mom's primary carer for the..hm, well last decade.