What are you playing now?

Gorth

Vessel

Water physics puzzle platformer. Pretty fun game. Puzzles are so far mostly easy to figure out. Except one bonus puzzle that would have gotten me the stuff for upgrades. Not the most stable game in the world. I have some repeat crashes doing certain things in certain areas.

The crashes are turning me off, however.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

still playing Myth: The Fallen Lords

still rocks

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I've been playing some Borderlands again. I bought the full package on a Steam sale a while ago, but I never got the expansions to work. A few days ago, I decided to give it a real go.. but alas they would not work. Until I tabbed out of the game, checked forums, found nothing and tried tabbing back again - at which time a small window asking for an activation code popped up instead of the game.

The little window never showed up in the game, it never showed up if I clicked on the windows bar at the bottom of the screen to get back to the game (which I usually do).. the only way for me to even see it was by tabbing through all the windows currently up on my screen and choosing Borderlands.

When I finally found that window, there was no way of interacting with it. No mousepointer, no focus on the little window, no cursor in the field where the code should go.. after five minutes of maniacally pressing every key I have (even on my phone), it somehow decided to put the focus on the window and let me enter the key.

That was for Zombie Island.. I am afraid to try Mad Moxxi now :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Skip Moxxi, really, cool character but endless horde mode type fights weren't all that fun in my estimation. Knoxx was a fun romp, the last boss is a bit easy but there's always Crawmerax :)

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I started up the original Mass Effect again on the PC. Couldn't get it to actually run this time...peeved me off. So I had to do the make it do a disk check instead trick that was suggested on the internet...have no idea why it didn't want to work this time around...though when I tried to trouble shoot it sent me to EA's website...but not authentication...origin.

If they screwed up the game somehow (though more likely I screwed it up with a RAM upgrade or something) I'll be a wee bit upset.

I've been playing some Borderlands again. I bought the full package on a Steam sale a while ago, but I never got the expansions to work. A few days ago, I decided to give it a real go.. but alas they would not work. Until I tabbed out of the game, checked forums, found nothing and tried tabbing back again - at which time a small window asking for an activation code popped up instead of the game.

The little window never showed up in the game, it never showed up if I clicked on the windows bar at the bottom of the screen to get back to the game (which I usually do).. the only way for me to even see it was by tabbing through all the windows currently up on my screen and choosing Borderlands.

When I finally found that window, there was no way of interacting with it. No mousepointer, no focus on the little window, no cursor in the field where the code should go.. after five minutes of maniacally pressing every key I have (even on my phone), it somehow decided to put the focus on the window and let me enter the key.

That was for Zombie Island.. I am afraid to try Mad Moxxi now :(

It's really annoying that it does that. I'm pretty sure that Moxxi does that as well. I think at least Robolution does not, but I can't remember about Knoxx. It is very poorly set up having to activate the DLC by alt tabbing out of the game and trying to find that window.

I think Knoxx doesn't require activation like that as I don't have a key for it unlike Zombie Island and Moxxi.

Edited by Deraldin

More Avadon: The Black Fortress. Having fun with it. Been playing it on and off since release so my experience with it is that I forgot what happened the last time I played. I like the writing and gameplay is fairly good. Once again I want to complain about the lack of a soundtrack. I've been listening to 1940's-50's music while playing.

Finishing Silent Hill 2.

Overall, its not a very good game but its a unique, mature (for a game) experience.

I like it.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

i LOVED silent hill 2 when it came out, its probably getting pretty dated now though (so far as gameplay is concerned)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i LOVED silent hill 2 when it came out, its probably getting pretty dated now though (so far as gameplay is concerned)

I for one still love the classical horror/survival game controls and Silent Hill 2 it's a must play for horror fans, I truly loved it. Specially the blackouts...and Pyramid head. Coolest most badass monster ever.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Put NWN2 on the backburner for New Vegas, I just find it really difficult to give a toss about elves and dwarves compared to humanity rebuilding, I'll pick the game straight back up when I'm done in NV though, if only to get at the chewy philosophical centre I'm told exists within it.

Finishing Silent Hill 2.

Overall, its not a very good game but its a unique, mature (for a game) experience.

I like it.

The gameplay suits the narrative. I consider it a good game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Still chugging along through Skyrim. Decided to finally try and go through the entire "main" story quest, instead of getting sidetracked with the sidequests. I'm not sure I'll be done in time before Mass Effect 3's release on Tuesday.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

[borderlands DLC issue]

Seeing how I started Maxi and Zombie Island too pretty recently (assume same x-mas sale :)), I get the feeling. It was pretty hard to get the game to actually minimalise for me to allow me to get Steam up and copy the keycode to the clipboard (and eventually into the little activation box).

Making the window active was no issue for me... making it unactive was.

But yeah, the same goes for Maxi (taskmanager minimalising/maximilsing does the trick for me). Haven't tried the other 2 DLC yet, probably starting Claptrap Revolution today.

And that's also what I am playing at the moment ;)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Guest Slinky

Playing some World of Tanks right now. It's pretty fun.

Yeah, it starts like that.. then the less than great team members start to annoy you little by little, until they make you go utterly charles manson.

29glpo2.gif

Well, it was like that for me atleast :p

Finished Silent Hill 2. Pretty good overall. I think I'll move onto Fatal Frame series now, recommendations for Silent Hill 3 and 4 are mixed at best.

Finished Silent Hill 2. Pretty good overall. I think I'll move onto Fatal Frame series now, recommendations for Silent Hill 3 and 4 are mixed at best.

You know if you are getting into the Horror genre and don't mind graphics I would recommend the Parasite Eve series (specially 2) if you haven't played it already. Horror/Survival with RPG mechanics, why aren't there more games like that?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Playing some World of Tanks right now. It's pretty fun.

Yeah, it starts like that.. then the less than great team members start to annoy you little by little, until they make you go utterly charles manson.

29glpo2.gif

Well, it was like that for me atleast :p

I noticed that high tier tank battles are really ****ty. The tier 2 tanks are much more fun to use, everything is much more close-range combat and the players aren't acting as if the world belongs to them all alone.

The worst is if the whole high tier tank team is moving to one camper spot and is getting pwned there one by one from the enemy team, which tries to circle them...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

You know if you are getting into the Horror genre and don't mind graphics I would recommend the Parasite Eve series (specially 2) if you haven't played it already. Horror/Survival with RPG mechanics, why aren't there more games like that?

It doesn't look too bad, I'll be sure to give it a spin.

Drakensang: The River of Time.

Played it for a couple of hours today and despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing with my stats distribution, I'm having a good time. I'm just happy to played a party based rpg. Voice acting isn't the greatest, but I've heard worse. The graphics aren't top notch, but the design is ok and I think the game has very good lighting. I wonder why the game isn't available on Euro Steam.