SW: The Old Republic Part 3

This game is kinda lacking on the social front. It's particularly rough compared to a game like Rift, which is really designed around the idea of making grouping as painless as possible. Plus there's a serious lack of central hubs where everyone gathers. The space station might be close, but, it feels a bit tacked on. Coruscant and Dromund Kaas should be this awesome place for characters for all levels to show off and socialize, but it's really only home for a short time as you level and move on.

I think the ships actually contribute to the isolation as well.

Heh, I've just spend the last hour or so helping my sister finish off the Jedi Consular storyline on Tython. My Jedi Knight is still around 14th level so it wasn't incredibly overpowered for it..

Still, when we finished it off she does the "hmm. I might be getting into this game..."

Of course, I'm pondering it I should be concerned that I actually seem to be having better conversations with her within the game then we usually have face to face and living in the same house.... :shifty:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

After shelving this game for a few weeks I'm finally back at it. Just hit level 10 (whoop) with my bounty hunter, and am deciding whether or not to do a few more side quests before jumping into the great hunt.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

and @RealDarthHater is tweeting a lot of stuff from the Guild Summit doohickey.

They really like TSFH don't they ? Looks pretty good, the textures and UI customization is way overdue as is the mission item trackables too. I guess this is their turn around patch, I'd come back for it but,well, none of my friends are in it any more.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well depending on how far he is from his next billing date, not too bad. But yeah Gifted, get on with the unsubscribing, man. :thumbsup:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Meh, I havent played for a few weeks. The only thing thats keeping me subscribed is Im too lazy to log onto the website and unsubscribe.

HAHAHHA....Wow. :lol:

The crisis still hasn't reached the States apparently. Too lazy...

I know, I know, but $15 / month isnt even a blip on my radar. Besides, our crisis is pretty much over while you poor SOB's have to keep a close eye on those Greeks. They hates to pay the piper.

Well depending on how far he is from his next billing date, not too bad. But yeah Gifted, get on with the unsubscribing, man. :thumbsup:

Im having a hard time letting go. I want to like the game its just that Ive reached end game and theres nothing for me to do. I think I keep hoping the LFG system will somehow magically improve. Failing that I may be forced to join a guild. Or Ill overcome my inertia and just unsubscribe.

Getting tiresome now.

Besides, our crisis is pretty much over

I find your sense of humor very amusing.

He's right, our malls are crazy packed nowadays, so clearly the economy has recovered.

I haven't played in a couple weeks either, but I expect that in my MMO's. After ME3 I'll probably get going again. Although I am a bit concerned about keeping my wife's sub going, since she only plays about once a month now.

I have to say, I'm still going strong as it were.

Although I'm only dabbling with my max'd SI, rather then get in on operations I've just been playing a bit of warzones, actually starting to use my Artifice skill, and cleaning up some world missions I have left over..

My Smuggler is on Hoth, wrapping that world arc over.. still plowing through Chapter 2...

Had a surge on my Jedi Knight having got him to start Chapter 1, but that's because I've been using that character to help out my sister as she's started playing a Consular.

Still got a Bounty Hunter in the Prologue that I've only poked at the last month or so...

Pretty much have to say it's interesting seeing how the class stories intersect at different angles, and I'm still picking up different aspects of the game and enjoying it all. Going through a bunch of days of not playing, then several of catching up with an hour here and there... Kind of in the mood to poke at it more before I get to enjoy ME3...

665 drones worked on SWTOR

God how many singleplayer Kotor's we could have got instead...

About 8, apparently. Although there is a lot of repeated stuff, so the cynics might cut that in half.

I have no desire for a KotOR 3, this game has a ton of story for me to play through. It's strength is that it plays like a Bioware RPG. The weaknesses are in the MMO stuff.

1.2 looks interesting... lot of customization etc.

And the legacy system means something.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

http://www.pcgamer.c...at-the-problem/

Glimpse at the dev process.

So much for the once touted BioWare mantra "Quality in the work place, quality in the product".

It's really amazing how brutal MMO production seems to be. It's also odd that a smaller developer like Turbine or Trion Worlds manages to do so much with the genre without epic failures.

I guess the key is to keep the scope small.

I guess the key is to keep the scope small.

Unfortunately, after the runaway giant of WoW, that's not going to be something anyone can do if they're trying to get people to sink money into game development.

Any mmo is judged against it, not how it was when it started, but against it as it is right now after years of development, tweaks, patches, and expansions....

Well, that's hardly unfair to the new games. WoW's features and design isn't a secret, really, and people will compare what's at hand. Now for actual bugs, well, you can't really pick too hard at any game for that (although still boggles at how they somehow missed soome), but 1.2 has stuff they should have had at the start.

Sadly though, no GTN revamp ? What genius designed that interface :p

http://www.swtor.com/weekendpass

You would think they wait for 1.2 (you know, better first impression)... Oh well, BioWare and demo's, eh?

Atleast glad I get to try it... :)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee