RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

That's called being out of touch with reality. Thankfully for the corporations there would always be enough of the sheeps paying extra money for the same stuff, because it's OMGSTEAM! or now OMGORIGIN! and it's trendy to be digital only :bat:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The german Origin snooping stuff has been thoroughly debunked now. Dude was clueless, and Steam also does much the same sort of thing, perhaps worse

If they went back to a one time activation scheme like the previous ME's I'd be 100% fine with that.

You didn't have much problem using Cerberus Network, as I recall. That's about as 'bad' as Origin.

Really though, the most likely scenario is that it will be basically the same as that, with Origin only really required for the MP and DLC handling.

Edited by Zoraptor

If they went back to a one time activation scheme like the previous ME's I'd be 100% fine with that.

You didn't have much problem using Cerberus Network, as I recall. That's about as 'bad' as Origin.

I did not have any promblems using the whole Cerberus Network thing. If it IS as unobtrusive as that, then well ok.

Really though, the most likely scenario is that it will be basically the same as that, with Origin only really required for the MP and DLC handling.

Since I long ago refused to participate in Publisher "DLC" scams, I only buy GOTY version of games I'm interested in now. I have a long wait until the DX:HR GOTY version sadly...

Possibly as long as for the ME2 one? ;)

Besides, if you don't want to be "scammed", it's probably the best to stop gaming completely. Buy something safer. Like, uh, lots of toilet paper. Even they can rip you off, though!

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Or just wait for GOTY bundles and Steam sales, they always show up if you wait long enough.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sorry, but after the GTA V trailer this looks just embarrasing.

Because comparing a trailer and a single gameplay screenshot definitely gives the most even comparison! ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Sorry, but after the GTA V trailer this looks just embarrasing.

Because comparing a trailer and a single gameplay screenshot definitely gives the most even comparison! ;)

...the GTA V trailer was also made out of gameplay?

What's so hard for you to understand?

Just look at it. The buildings looks like basic brushes you use for quick layout to test the map, I suppose they "forgot" to get in the final art assets. Let's better not start talking about the ****ty lighting...

Pretty much. STEAM works fine and I use it. What's next? UBISoftOrigin required to be installed for a game from them? Then LucasArtsOrigon required to be installed to play their games? SquareEnixOrigin required to be installed to play their games?

Where does it stop? Anyways I'll stop now. This discussion belongs in the piracy thread I think.

UBISoft already has their even ****tier version called uPlay.

I believe it was this project. The idea about seeing a clip of his life as he dies was pretty funny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I dunno where they got the "brand new franchise" bit, they probably have some inside knowledge I don't have, but it's worth noting that the official website simply talks about a 'new project'. More interestingly, they also say that BioWare will announce yet another studio under their label:

the announcement of a new project and new studio from BioWare

Considering they don't even specify it's a new 'title', I wouldn't jump on the new IP just yet. After all, last year was supposed to be a new IP too.

How does that accent sound to you guys btw?

Well reminds me of the CCP Devs when they speak sometime. One of the guys reminds me of Ahnuld at some moments, heh.