What are you playing now?

Gorth

Started playing L.A. Noire.

Pretty nice so far. I hope we see that kind of facial capture in more games in the future, even though the tech is expensive as hell right now and requires actual actors. Sure beats standard morphing sliders.

Not anytime soon. It's just the face that so great, but because of that the body is no more than a stick figure. No way is this better than full body mocap. Its just not worth it.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Not anytime soon. It's just the face that so great, but because of that the body is no more than a stick figure. No way is this better than full body mocap. Its just not worth it.

Stick figure? You must be playing a different game then, 'cause mocap in LA Noire looks pretty good as well. It's just s shame that they had to capture face and body seperately.

Saying it's worthless is a bit thick, it really depends on the genre and requirements. I certainly don't needs that in a FPS or whatever, but those heavily character-driven games certainly benefit a lot of that.

Stick figure? You must be playing a different game then, 'cause mocap in LA Noire looks pretty good as well.

Yes, we all played a different game than you.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Started playing L.A. Noire.

Pretty nice so far. I hope we see that kind of facial capture in more games in the future, even though the tech is expensive as hell right now and requires actual actors. Sure beats standard morphing sliders.

IT is a full body mocap. They actually did two passes per scene - full body and facial mocap. Personally, i thought everyone was animated just fine.

Saints Row The Third, and an hour in, I see nothing special about all the hype, just same old gta clone with crazy gimmicks

Having the complete opposite experience. Playing it and its beyond awesome.

Yeah I just unlocked a bunch of things and the game has gotten alot better now, I like the hand to hand fighting

David Cage claims his next game will use even superior capture tech. He claimed they can capture body, face and speech in one session.

Well....he certainly is a talker, but is he also a walker?

I don't doubt it on that. I actually liked the overall animations already way better in Heavy Rain than in L.A Noire. I may hate his games for the writing but he the tech + "directing" of the cutscenes/sequences was always outstanding.

I'm just hurting my way through another game of Borderlands. On my second playthrough I used the fast travel system in an ill-judged attempt to escape the tedious tutiral bit* and managed to unstick my character from the plot.

*Why the flying f***bats would anyone need a tutorial on the second playthrough?! The game knows it's the second playthrough.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I bought Skyrim last night and it downloaded over the course of the evening. I will probably poke around for a half hour or so tonight when I get the chance. I'm bound and determined to finish PS:T with the wife before I really get into any new game. I've managed to get to the Clerk's ward in my attempt to catch us up to where we were. It shouldn't be too long. Probably get there next week and we can continue. She's harping on me because she wants to find out what happens.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

FFXIII It's fine so far. Maybe i'll slow down the combat to have more fun.

Wow... Just wow... A true example of masochism.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

To be honest. The beginning of XIII regarding story and so on was fine. The purge was interesting. Sure the gameplay consisted of pressing X (which got better after a while) but everything else went down the ****ter much later.

Edited by C2B

Keep going, dont let others to turn you down ;) FFXIII is the most controversial game of the series, many people hate it, many people love it :p

I have Platinum, and I can say, I never felt pain while playing it :p Except while trying to kill Shao Long Guy :D Pretty badass optional creature.

And no, I do not think the game is more than little above average, but I enjoyed most of the time i played it... Finished twice so far...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Played the Anno 2070 demo and I was totally hook up.

The only Anno I played was the first one back in 1998 (Anno 1602), and suffice to say, I spend months playing on it. For some reason, I never bothered with the sequels.

But I think I'm gonna pick up Anno 2070 in the following days, it's a nice change of pace, and also requires more than 2 braincells to play. It also got raving reviews in the German-speaking press so it gotta be good, right?

I played Anno 1404 a bit. It was pretty fun. Does 2070 still have that always-on 'net connection requirement?

At the moment...playing nothing. Liked Skyrim a lot but then got distracted by health and pc issues so I've been taking a break from gaming. Should be ready to dive back in (at least a little bit) soon. Might wait for that first Skyrim patch tho....it'd be nice if it'd address some pc performance issues (not bugs, performance/optimization). I haven't been too impressed w/Skyrim in that regard.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Played the Anno 2070 demo and I was totally hook up.

The only Anno I played was the first one back in 1998 (Anno 1602), and suffice to say, I spend months playing on it. For some reason, I never bothered with the sequels.

But I think I'm gonna pick up Anno 2070 in the following days, it's a nice change of pace, and also requires more than 2 braincells to play. It also got raving reviews in the German-speaking press so it gotta be good, right?

I tend to put more stock in them (German Reviews) for more strategic game and rpg reviews as us Americans tend to like things easy (simple) and handed to us all the time. I enjoyed the past couple of Anno games and look forward to spending some time with this title.

I managed a relatively fun time over the weekend and tonight on Saints Row the Third.

Some lines and sets do push the humour buttons. Burt Reynolds for one.. And then for the surreal aspect, zombies. That kind of comes out of the blue.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I played a bit of PST with the wife again and a bit of skyrim. I hope to get some gaming done this week as best I can.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Return to Mysterious Island.

Great fun so far. At least a pace I can match :thumbsup:

Puzzles aren't too bad either. Only the *&%$ struggle to figure out how make a fish hook though. Wasted a lot of time trying every possible action with every possible item at every possible action location. Except that, most of the problems you can solve through reasonable logic. Raise hands all those who knows that acacia thorns turns hook shaped when heating them up?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm in the process of picking my guys on Sentinel Island.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: