What are you playing now?

Gorth

Wow... Just wow... A true example of masochism.

Why? There's nothing really wrong with the game. It's linear like many other before it and many after it. It's true that i wanted to have a 3 person party in some fights but some strategy and even that was over. The combat is better than what Bioware and Bethesda have to offer.

To be honest. The beginning of XIII regarding story and so on was fine. The purge was interesting. Sure the gameplay consisted of pressing X (which got better after a while) but everything else went down the ****ter much later.

Honestly, newer Western RPGs are worse than what I'm playing right now. I've put 30 something hours into it and i'll gladly put so more and i will get the platinum trophy, because it's worth it.

Keep going, dont let others to turn you down :thumbsup: FFXIII is the most controversial game of the series, many people hate it, many people love it ;)

I have Platinum, and I can say, I never felt pain while playing it :) Except while trying to kill Shao Long Guy :D Pretty badass optional creature.

And no, I do not think the game is more than little above average, but I enjoyed most of the time i played it... Finished twice so far...

Of course i'll keep going. When i had other stuff to do i kept going from save point to save point thinking, this is the last one, and hours passed by. So it was worth my money and my time so far and I'm only chapter 8 or so. Finally got a party of 3 so that paradigm combinations are far more deadly. Even with enemies having higher HP, nothing can stop me. I do have to replay a fight or two, but i like the combat and it's no problem.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

im definitely going to skip the latest ACreed game, i liked the last one at the time, but replaying it... well, lets just say i think the game needs a new engine/mechanics overhaul. hopefully there are MAJOR changes for AC: 3 (is that coming next year?)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Anyone play Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light on PC? If so, can you use the pc-xbox controller with it? Thought hubby might like it for the long weekend but he likes using the controller.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone play Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light on PC? If so, can you use the pc-xbox controller with it? Thought hubby might like it for the long weekend but he likes using the controller.

Yup, it has a native support for the Xbox 360 controller, so you shouldn't encounter any problems.

I've been super busy the past few weeks, but I still have found time to pour 10 hours into Skyrim. I'm amazed with just how expansive and FUN it is. I didn't particularly care for Oblivion, but Skyrim fixes a lot of the things I disliked about Oblivion. When I heard they were getting rid of the stats I was kind of disappointed, but I have to admit that I kind of like how they handle character progression in it, with the skills. Now, if only they had spears and polearms...

Looking forward to spending more time playing it in the coming weeks and months!

I actually have that game. I just completely forgot about it. Have an xbox360 controller too for my PC, which I bought when playing Dead Space. Maybe I should dust it off some day.

In the meantime, managed to put in 30 minutes of FO:NV last night. How many shovels are there in this game? I could have sworn I ran across one some time during the beginning and misplaced it, as it was rather heavy at the time (much more interesting junk to carry around). Why isn't there an option to use dynamite to excavate all those graves around the wasteland, I really need to see what is inside them >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Been playing File Backup: Download All Your Drivers Edition over the last couple days. Funny, no matter how many times I play this game, I never get that satisfaction of accomplishing something as I do from other games, and yet I keep going back to it again and again. Ah well, soon after my new SSD arrives, I'll have a clean install of windows on which to play Deus Ex:HR and Skyrim. I guess that's where the satisfaction will kick in.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Honestly, newer Western RPGs are worse than what I'm playing right now. I've put 30 something hours into it and i'll gladly put so more and i will get the platinum trophy, because it's worth it.

Amen to that!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

All FO:NV DLC's at something that looked like half price on steam... I caved in and bought the lot. Looks like I won't need that catchup edition next year after all.

Edit: I'm getting weak. Thats the 3rd time I buy DLC's. That is, if the FO3 all in one bundle and Magicka bundles counts >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Making an Arma 2 mission, is rather fun to notice how on some runs the civilian helos get shot down, other ones they escape. Pilots need to use flares though. 220 hours of this game, still not even started the SP.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It's not that outlandish, got the game maybe 4-5 months ago. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Playing Skyrim. Paid the Dark Elf lady in Whiterun to join me. She can be quite helpful at times. Especially in crowded fights. Joined the Companions, but haven't made much progress other than that. I've just been exploring the world.

Other than that, not much gaming this week. Waiting for Tales of the Abyss 3D.

Still dabbling along with the zanyness of Saints Row.

Have picked up the Fallout NV dlc collection from Steam, but I'm going to wait a bit before I jump back into the mojave.

Also, got some TOR to beta play over the weekend, so I'll focus on that...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Played 60 seconds of The Witcher 2, just to remind myself why was I put it aside. Ran straight into a QTE and watched my character die, because I couldn't care less. Between the uninteresting story, boring gameplay and piss poor UI, I decided enough was enough and uninstalled it. Rather write it off as a loss than wasting a single hour more of my life on it. Might just use the freed up HD space for that new Batman game I got a steam coupon for when I bought my gfx card. Oh yeah, and start a new game of The Witcher.

Anyone playing Saints Row3? I can't decide if it's a game I'd like or not. Some of the stuff you can do in it (from videos) makes it look like my kind of quirky humor, but other than that...I'm having a hard time figuring out what the exact gameplay is supposed to be...

Is the demo any good? I could try that I guess. Just seems like most demos I've ever tried suck....

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone playing Saints Row3? I can't decide if it's a game I'd like or not. Some of the stuff you can do in it (from videos) makes it look like my kind of quirky humor, but other than that...I'm having a hard time figuring out what the exact gameplay is supposed to be...

Is the demo any good? I could try that I guess. Just seems like most demos I've ever tried suck....

You should try Saints Row 2 first, it is considerably cheaper. You might really like it, I loved the customization, from my wardrobe to my cars. But it might not be your style at all.

Hm. Good idea, especially for it's current half off price. I liked the sound of the "open worldness" of the gameplay, even if the setting isn't something I typically go for. That and the insurance fraud humor and beating people up with that long purple .... weapon. :)

Once I'd seen most of the world of Skyrim (which took a while, and was definitely really enjoyable to explore), my interest dropped really quickly. Finished up the questlines I had going and stopped playing.

Started up a replay of Deus Ex Human Revolution, and I'm enjoying myself a lot. Think this game will sorta feel like Bloodlines to me in how there are many things I really don't care for in it, but it will keep pulling me back for replays because of other things it does really well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I gave Arkham City a little spin before the DX11 patch is out, and it's pretty fun. Playing with Catwoman is way better than Batman: she doesn't move like a cement truck and has some amazing acrobatic animations.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Death Spank was cute. Played about an hour. Not sure it's cute enough for me to play very long, but it's definitely amusing.

Played Skyrim for a couple more hours. Still just running around looking/finding places & locations....which half the time seems to trigger quests even without talking to anyone. :* The walruses were funny. There's definitely something about ES games that make me not care about doing quests. At all. Every time I try to do one, talking to ppl and doing what they say, I get bored and ignore it. :)

There's definitely something about ES games that make me not care about doing quests. At all. Every time I try to do one, talking to ppl and doing what they say, I get bored and ignore it. :blink:

I think its the dialogue writing. I felt the same way in Fallout 3. I enjoyed the game. Running around blowing stuff up and exploring was fun, but I foudn talking to any of the npcs extremely tedious and did it as little as possible.

Bethesda does a good job with the whole open-world explore and conquer thing (Oblivion being the one exception) but they write much much worse than any of those Saturday night Syfy channel original movies.

I don't know if it's a lack of skill/talent/training or if they just don't care enough to bother doing it well.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

There's definitely something about ES games that make me not care about doing quests. At all. Every time I try to do one, talking to ppl and doing what they say, I get bored and ignore it. :blink:

I think its the dialogue writing. I felt the same way in Fallout 3. I enjoyed the game. Running around blowing stuff up and exploring was fun, but I foudn talking to any of the npcs extremely tedious and did it as little as possible.

Bethesda does a good job with the whole open-world explore and conquer thing (Oblivion being the one exception) but they write much much worse than any of those Saturday night Syfy channel original movies.

I don't know if it's a lack of skill/talent/training or if they just don't care enough to bother doing it well.

Quickly, someone paste a screenshot of that Three Dog Intelligence dialogue.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.