RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

CoM_Solaufein

I don't understand that. I used my thieves all of the time; For setting traps, finding traps, scouting, and pick pocketing.. Often times for dialog as they usually had better charisma too. (*And how could one get through Durlag's Tower without them?)

Korgan+tome of body puts his constitution to 20. This means he regenerates like a troll. (Nice touch, actually implementing that, BTW. Class) heavy armour, shield, other buffs, rings etc. Just trundle him into traps, set them off, let him heal. I can still picture the little fellah grumbling like a tank engine, with tiny flames dancing on the horns on his hat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't understand that. I used my thieves all of the time; For setting traps, finding traps, scouting, and pick pocketing.. Often times for dialog as they usually had better charisma too. (*And how could one get through Durlag's Tower without them?)

Korgan+tome of body puts his constitution to 20. This means he regenerates like a troll. (Nice touch, actually implementing that, BTW. Class) heavy armour, shield, other buffs, rings etc. Just trundle him into traps, set them off, let him heal. I can still picture the little fellah grumbling like a tank engine, with tiny flames dancing on the horns on his hat.

Like I'd ever give a tome to anyone but my PC.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

This isn't probably news to anyone else, but over the past few weeks I've noticed that any news comments on Eurogamer I agree with get a ton of downvotes. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Systems thinking fail! :) You play as a party. Your Pc is just part of that. And if your PC has a starting Con of 13 or so, what's the point of 1 more point, really? Compared with a regenerating dwarf mentalist hanging about?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

if your PC has a starting Con of 13 or so, what's the point of 1 more point, really?

+1 to saving throws :rolleyes:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Systems thinking fail! :rolleyes: You play as a party. Your Pc is just part of that. And if your PC has a starting Con of 13 or so, what's the point of 1 more point, really? Compared with a regenerating dwarf mentalist hanging about?

Changes to the PC carries over to BG2. Changes to Korgan does not. So while giving a book to Korgan will be more powerful, giving it to the PC will have a longer impact. Besides, Korgan isn't the chosen one...

Systems thinking fail! :rolleyes: You play as a party. Your Pc is just part of that. And if your PC has a starting Con of 13 or so, what's the point of 1 more point, really? Compared with a regenerating dwarf mentalist hanging about?

Changes to the PC carries over to BG2. Changes to Korgan does not. So while giving a book to Korgan will be more powerful, giving it to the PC will have a longer impact. Besides, Korgan isn't the chosen one...

He probably can't read either...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I certainly did.

Korgan+tome of body+cursed helm of alignment reversal.

Korgan+tome of body puts his constitution to 20. This means he regenerates like a troll. (Nice touch, actually implementing that, BTW. Class)
:rolleyes:

Just trundle him into traps, set them off, let him heal. I can still picture the little fellah grumbling like a tank engine, with tiny flames dancing on the horns on his hat.
I didn't see him as one who would do that.

Systems thinking fail! ;) You play as a party. Your Pc is just part of that. And if your PC has a starting Con of 13 or so, what's the point of 1 more point, really? Compared with a regenerating dwarf mentalist hanging about?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Edited by Gizmo

I don't really metagame, if I did that it'd be far too easy, what with me having a regenerating dwarf around and all.

So not really a fail, as much as a different approach.

Playing the numbers game is really just too easy, I decided a long time ago to not do it, doing so spoils my fun, its like I am cheating.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Little confused here, I mean, obviously changes to Korgan don't carry over to BG2 because it isn't until BG2 that you meet the dwarf?

Korgan Blood Axe is in BG2.

Kagain is the Dwarf in BG1 (similar names; I meant Kagain in my earlier post).

*** Funny thing happened way back when... I bought BG2 and imported my PC from BG1; He was a human Fighter mage dual class, named "Kraven BloodAxe".

When I had Korgan join, it listed him as "Korgan Bloodaxe", so I called BlackIsle tech support and reported it as a bug... The NPC joined my party, but had the name of my PC. The guy had a good chuckle about this, and thought it was odd that this was the PC I'd completed BG1 with; but it was just a name clash where two people picked the same name for their characters. :rolleyes:

Kraven.jpg

I don't really metagame, if I did that it'd be far too easy, what with me having a regenerating dwarf around and all.

So not really a fail, as much as a different approach.

Playing the numbers game is really just too easy, I decided a long time ago to not do it, doing so spoils my fun, its like I am cheating.

How is that metagaming?

I would expect that most (many?) simply noticed that trolls regenerate, and Kagain had a 19; trolls had a 20. I did it to see if he'd regenerate, and was pleasantly surprised that he did.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Gizmo

"Obviously, in KOTOR and NWN flanking goes out the iwndow because there is zero sense of positioning (how can you when people skate around the terrain half the time"

Flanking matters in NWN. A lot more than it does in the BG games. Position is very important.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Obviously, in KOTOR and NWN flanking goes out the iwndow because there is zero sense of positioning (how can you when people skate around the terrain half the time"

Flanking matters in NWN. A lot more than it does in the BG games. Position is very important.

My problem with NWN is that it is bland. My problem with BG is that the game allows control where it does not matter or affect the game... You can move your PC and an arrow shot at them will arc like a homing missile to wherever you sent them.

It looks like "Disciples 3: Resurrection" will be available very soon (days).

Edited by Gizmo

Hm, needed more explosions.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Congrats on the pistol kills, if it's anything like bad company 2 then that couldn't have been easy.

So far it's fairly different. I had trouble with the pistol in BC2, but it seems to pack a good deal more punch in BF3.

After I got past the whole browser interface, I really started to dig it. I'm not sure how to fully explain it, but BC2 never felt quite as good as BF2 for me. BF3 feels like it has recaptured the magic.

Oh, they seem to have borrowed the movement stuff from Mirror's Edge. I feel like a parkour expert out there jumping, sliding and crawling to avoid bullets.

Hey don't feel too bad, could be worse, you could be like this guy

modern-warfare-2-launch-cagjpg-660664199bd02737_large.jpg

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I do want one piece of military gear, they have nice winter jackets I hear.