What you did today

Tale

@ Raithe: I hope her healing goes well!

I have an update about tarna. He just left me a message and wanted me to share that he has to go back into the hospital for another - unexpected - surgery or two. I will post any updates as I hear them, but please do hold him in thought & with intention.

Is is it serious surgery or something minor?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It is connected with the seriousness of what has occurred previously - so though on it s own it may not be 'serious' consider what he has been through, it is certainly of concern.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Having a really clumsy weekend, almost fell down the stairs, twisted my ankle and today went shopping and forgot two things on the list. Feh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Went shopping. We bought $300.50 of groceries.

Yeah, that's always a bit of a shock. I can keep my weekly groceries to around $120, but every few months I have to go all out and pick up a bunch of the bigger stuff.

Usually I hit $400 when I go to Costco, but I try and only go there a few times a year.

:lol:

Weekly is about $150 for us, since the rise in prices 2-3 years ago. We could eat cheaper but we're lazy. And yeah, when we used to go to CostCo once a month or so (long long time ago), seemed like we could never get out of there spending less than a a couple hundred on all this extra stuff we really didn't need. Twas cheaper to stop going. Altho we do go every once in a great while. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have an update about tarna. He just left me a message and wanted me to share that he has to go back into the hospital for another - unexpected - surgery or two.

Not really what we had hoped to hear, but thanks for the update :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I applied for a job. It's an interesting career prospect. I might even go so far as to call it potentially exciting.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Does it involve tremendous amounts of self-perpetuation paperwork ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Does it involve tremendous amounts of self-perpetuation paperwork ?

Maybe. But it includes lots of travel and a 10 day workweek. Which sounds right up my alley!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So finished my dissertation at 1:57 am last night. It's now off to the preliminary review by some Distinguished Professors (the kind of guys who need to be capitalised). In a few months I'll hear if I wasted the last three years of my life or not.

Now sitting at the airport for the flight to Amsterdam. I've been here for twenty minutes, and I've already seen more fake breasts than in my entire life so far. And it's 6am. wtf.

p.s. just realised this computer has dosbox and all the goldboxes. #winning

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Now sitting at the airport for the flight to Amsterdam. I've been here for twenty minutes, and I've already seen more fake breasts than in my entire life so far. And it's 6am. wtf.

International Terminals can be interesting places to hang around in and observe people.

Although, like so many other things, after the first 50 or so times it loses a bit of the novelty and you start using your accumulated experiences with such places to locate the quiet spots with a good view and try to achieve that semi-conscious state where one half of your brain is asleep and the other half is listening for your departure announcement :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

International Terminals can be interesting places to hang around in and observe people.

Although, like so many other things, after the first 50 or so times it loses a bit of the novelty and you start using your accumulated experiences with such places to locate the quiet spots with a good view and try to achieve that semi-conscious state where one half of your brain is asleep and the other half is listening for your departure announcement :lol:

Or not, as the case may be. (terminal's under construction, so I'm stuck people watching). And playing armour-geddon.

Edited by Nepenthe

Although, like so many other things, after the first 50 or so times it loses a bit of the novelty and you start using your accumulated experiences with such places to locate the quiet spots with a good view and try to achieve that semi-conscious state where one half of your brain is asleep and the other half is listening for your departure announcement :)

Or not, as the case may be. (terminal's under construction, so I'm stuck people watching). And playing armour-geddon.

In that case, fake boobs are better than no boobs I suppose :lol:

You know that's not always the case, I prefer a shapely A cup over an unnatural looking C cup.

Stay tuned I will post pics.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

You know that's not always the case, I prefer a shapely A cup over an unnatural looking C cup.

You've just never seen a good anatomically shaped implant. :)

Remembered I have tomorrow off, so luckily no need for me to wake up at 12:05 trying to find a shirt and pants to iron.

As a connoisseur I appreciate subtleness and aesthetically pleasing natural lines. Implants belong no more in human bodies than ice belongs in Whisky.

As a connoisseur I appreciate subtleness and aesthetically pleasing natural lines. Implants belong no more in human bodies than ice belongs in Whisky.

Amen to both!

village_idiot.gif

You know it's going to be a good monday when it starts off with you being woken from slumber by a cat caterwauling outside your bedroom at 0600....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

In that case, fake boobs are better than no boobs I suppose >_<

Surely it is the lady behind the boob that matters. Speaking as a man who's seen far more man-mammaries real and augmented than he should.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In that case, fake boobs are better than no boobs I suppose >_<

Surely it is the lady behind the boob that matters.

Yes. Also not unrelated, I'm really enjoying being in the Netherlands again. Could be the fact I've been cooped up for the last 3-4 months.

Figuring out how to use paint.net while re-reading a report to figure out what pieces go where.... and with some yuki kajiura music in the background.

Set to the occasional interruption from the dogs, the cat, and the one handed-mother.

Actually had some of the general family stress last night which had my sister in a mood, and then she suddenly stopped and looked at me with wide-eyes and did the whole "hang on.. we've got six weeks of this till her hand is better.. thats.. going to lead us right up to christmas!" - Just the way she suddenly realised that, then did the whole..shoulder-hunch, inward cringe.. was quite amusing.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Actually ... a few distilleries I have visited actually encourage exactly one ice cube in order to soften the alcohol to release some of the notes that are not readily apparent otherwise >_

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: