Libya 2

Tale

I don't know what he hell your standards are for cover ups. This was an open enquiry, reporting publicly, and securing confessions from soldiers. I agree the offences were shameful, but what do you expect the Army to do? Disband?

I must point out that the British Army (unlike some I could mention) is bound military regulation which can carry jail time, British law, and the law of wherever they are serving. Even in combat. So if you think a criminal case would stick to anyone I'd love to hear who and for what. There's no shortage of ground to stand on.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't know what he hell your standards are for cover ups. This was an open enquiry, reporting publicly, and securing confessions from soldiers. I agree the offences were shameful, but what do you expect the Army to do? Disband?

I must point out that the British Army (unlike some I could mention) is bound military regulation which can carry jail time, British law, and the law of wherever they are serving. Even in combat. So if you think a criminal case would stick to anyone I'd love to hear who and for what. There's no shortage of ground to stand on.

(Can't edit)

OK. That sounded as if I was refusing to accept this was bad, and should have been handled differently. In a way I am , but I'm saying that I don't think it's some sort of "lets shoot all the wogs" effort. Collectively accountability is something we really seem to struggle with in modern law.

Another example is the odious Sharon Shoesmith who successfully sued the government for sacking her over systematic failures in her department leading to the death of 'Baby P' over a prolonged period of sickening abuse.

I'm just not convinced anyone more senior would be criminally accountable. And I also think you'll find the careers of officrs in those units will be as blighted as possible without official action.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

(Can't edit)

OK. That sounded as if I was refusing to accept this was bad, and should have been handled differently. In a way I am , but I'm saying that I don't think it's some sort of "lets shoot all the wogs" effort. Collectively accountability is something we really seem to struggle with in modern law.

Another example is the odious Sharon Shoesmith who successfully sued the government for sacking her over systematic failures in her department leading to the death of 'Baby P' over a prolonged period of sickening abuse.

I'm just not convinced anyone more senior would be criminally accountable. And I also think you'll find the careers of officers in those units will be as blighted as possible without official action.

The cover ups are mostly from the own military, people in the chain of command that fail to report or act upon reports of such acts. But the biggest fault is that the mainstream media treats the subject very superficially with only passing reports on the situation rather than a full account of the acts and then they move on to whatever its fashionable. It seems at times that all american press has turned into the yellow press.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm just not convinced anyone more senior would be criminally accountable.
Seriously? Nobody more senior than a corporal? Are corporals leading platoons in the British army now? Where I come from, there's something called "duty to aid" (don't know the proper English legalese), which will land you in jail if it can be proven in court that you failed to observe. This is without even considering how far direct responsibility for the actions while on duty of subordinates might extend. I did some reading and at least some Lt.s were aware of what was going on and did jack about it. I don't want the army to disband but I'd like some proper example setting, and NCOs just won't do.

And I also think you'll find the careers of officrs in those units will be as blighted as possible without official action.
They'll still be in uniform, right? That's your message right there. Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

You know, the greater jihad is that is that of one's personal struggle to keep faith. :thumbsup:

The crazy levels for oby/LoF are higher than normal the last couple days.

Stop acting like we're the same person you mother****er. I swear to God, the degree to which you people are incapable of even imagining that there are two (or three, or four) people who happen to have different opinions from you is ridiculous.
Seriously, cycloneman, you need a proper hobby.
That's also not me.

I leave this boring ass forum for a month or whatever and every time I come back, you're desperately insisting that I'm part of some ridiculous hive mind.

It was amusing when you all got bothered about whose account I "really" was, but now that you've actually decided to stretch some kind of ridiculous conspiracy where I have - four, is it? or did someone new reg and get declared part of my hivemind? - it's just ****ing tiresome. Cycloneman is some guy, I guess he's a little to the left, Oby is some Russian nationalist, and that other guy whose name I forgot spent a lot more time and effort on his posts than I ever did (the big ones, I just stole from other sources).

If we only see a few dictatorships fall every generation then it won't be long before humanity as a whole may be liberated. And I call that ****ing awesome.
Too bad a certain country has had a net role of adding more dictatorships to the world! (that country's name is Britain)

(also the United States does it too I guess)

a) A disproportionately high number of Africans in Libya were working for Gaddafi as mercenary soldiers, and in fact many were flown and driven into Libya by Gaddafi during the war, hence the distrust of Africans by the rebels - it's not racism at work here (as your link mentions!).
Gasp, let's use this as an excuse to arrest all black people in Libya. The TSA called, they want their ridiculous logic for racial profiling back.

I leave this boring ass forum for a month or whatever and every time I come back, you're desperately insisting that I'm part of some ridiculous hive mind.

Yeah, it's hard to understand why we assume you are just a silly troll account and not a legitimate member of this community. Does someone hold a gun to your head and force you to come back here?

Yeah, it's hard to understand why we assume you are just a silly troll account and not a legitimate member of this community. Does someone hold a gun to your head and force you to come back here?

Why, does someone do that to you?

Stop acting like we're the same person you mother****er. I swear to God, the degree to which you people are incapable of even imagining that there are two (or three, or four) people who happen to have different opinions from you is ridiculous.

They don't think you're oby because you have a different opinion than everyone else, they think you're oby because you post, literally, the same off the wall opinions he/she/you do. Plus the cyrillic in your sig, that is a little bit of a tell.

I always just figured you were comic relief or something so I've never taken you seriously enough to figure out who all your alts are. But I'll bet there are a few. But if it makes you mad you should go check out www.democratunderground.com. They are all pretty much like you over there.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why, does someone do that to you?

I think you are missing the point. I enjoy being here, I have friends in this community. You seem to have a great disdain for everyone here.

They don't think you're oby because you have a different opinion than everyone else, they think you're oby because you post, literally, the same off the wall opinions he/she/you do.
Uh, no? Oby's a Russian nationalist, while I think Putin's ****? Can't you differentiate between a non-American nationalist and a non-nationalist American?
Plus the cyrillic in your sig, that is a little bit of a tell.
That's a quote of a line of the Soviet National Anthem. Specifically, one dealing with its unbreakable union. I can't read Russian. Edited by lord of flies

They don't think you're oby because you have a different opinion than everyone else, they think you're oby because you post, literally, the same off the wall opinions he/she/you do.
Uh, no? Oby's a Russian nationalist, while I think Putin's ****? Can't you differentiate between a non-American nationalist and a non-nationalist American?
Plus the cyrillic in your sig, that is a little bit of a tell.
That's a quote of a line of the Soviet National Anthem. Specifically, one dealing with its unbreakable union. I can't read Russian.

:lol: That did not work out so well for them did it? Ok fair enough, oby does sound like a real russian. You've convinced me your not oby. As for who you really are, everyone is an alt around here. I'll bet there are only around 10 real people who post here. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol: That did not work out so well for them did it? Ok fair enough, oby does sound like a real russian. You've convinced me your not oby. As for who you really are, everyone is an alt around here. I'll bet there are only around 10 real people who post here. :lol:

Isn't more like "only 10 people post here"? :p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I think you are missing the point. I enjoy being here, I have friends in this community. You seem to have a great disdain for everyone here.

Well he might enjoy being disdainful. It can be fun, you know.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the reason we are dperessingly insisting on you being an alt is because - as I demonstrated - a while back, you post precisely the same memees either here or elsewhere under a similar slew of names. The identities such as they merge and blur.

What's far more depressing, as Hurlshot says, is that you think it's clever and or worthwhile to do this. We're sick of the alts, and sick of your relentless grandstanding scorn. It achieves nothing.

-Elwood Blues

Uh oh, the forumites are upset. Hm, maybe they'll petition the mods to ban him ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

the reason we are dperessingly insisting on you being an alt is because - as I demonstrated - a while back, you post precisely the same memees either here or elsewhere under a similar slew of names. The identities such as they merge and blur.

What's far more depressing, as Hurlshot says, is that you think it's clever and or worthwhile to do this. We're sick of the alts, and sick of your relentless grandstanding scorn. It achieves nothing.

This is just circular logic. "These must be your alts because they are your alts."

I rarely post here anymore, or even read anything, serious post. This is the only account I use, serious post. I get tired of your **** even quicker than you get tired of mine. Especially because of your tinfoil-hat tendency to group me together with half-a-dozen other posters on flimsy grounds.

Let us get back on track. Before this gets permanently sidetracked into discussion of who may or may not be alts.

What's the latest update on Libya?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Cameron and Sarkozy had their triumph in Tripoli today, or something.

This bit is also amusing - http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/14/...n20106070.shtml

• 1 month later...