RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Its that he is an offensivly bad writer with the mind of a teenager

I dunno about being a bad writer, he has certainly not a professional writer background, but it beats 90% of the writing out there in any other games, including Bioware. Writing is not a science, I don't care about technicalities as I don't pay attention to these little things (I'm not German okay?), as long as it gives me the illusion to keep me motivated till the end, I'm satisfied. And yes, I truly didn't figure out that he was the Origami Killer. That's not bad. Couldn't say the same about Bioware games where you already know everything about the antagonist before he/she even opens the mouth.

Not sure what you mean with teenager mind.

I dunno about being a bad writer, he has certainly not a professional writer background, but it beats 90% of the writing out there in any other games, including Bioware. Writing is not a science, I don't care about technicalities as I don't pay attention to these little things (I'm not German okay?), as long as it gives me the illusion to keep me motivated till the end, I'm satisfied. And yes, I truly didn't figure out that he was the Origami Killer. That's not bad. Couldn't say the same about Bioware games where you already know everything about the antagonist before he/she even opens the mouth.

No, not worth it.

No, not worth it.

Not up to the task huh?

So, I win then.

annual deus ex games?

did i read the same article?

this is probably so they can have a release every other year, alternating between thief games, deus ex games and other stuff. so the most frequent we would see deus ex titles would be every 4-6 years. which is how it should be.

either that or they want to do a deus ex trilogy next, ala mass effect, and they need a bigger company to pull that off. but since these people are also making thief 4, its probably not likely that they are going to just switch full time to churning out deus ex games.

then again, i'd buy them so long as they were good. and deus ex HR was great.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

so the most frequent we would see deus ex titles would be every 4-6 years. which is how it should be.

Once a game is a massive success, which I presume HR is/will be, there's no way you sit out the sequel for another 4-6 years.

2 years intervall I say, which isn't really that great either.

That's why I like Take 2 so much. Giving Irrational 5 years to develop Bioshock Infinite, or Rockstar usually taking 4-6 years for every game. But that's really the exception.

elder scrolls games

final fantasy games

persona

battlefield

fallout

lots of different series are allowed multiple year dev cycles. i think only shooters and trilogies are forced into the annual game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

morgoth: nearly 8000 posts of hater.

edit: whoops, was meant to be in response to your elder scrolls jab

Edited by entrerix

Says the guy who watched the whole game on youtube first and then "played" it.

Yeahhhhh

I just didn't watch it on youtube. (Except I played that one scene youtube preview they did. I think it was the grocery store scene with shelby)

Your insider info source about me seriously sucks dude.

Edited by C2B

morgoth: nearly 8000 posts of hater.

edit: whoops, was meant to be in response to your elder scrolls jab

Got nothing to do with hate. Can't hate something if you don't care about something.

It's just that Skyrim looks basically the same as Oblivion. Well? Some people will get served, others like me look for more fruitful projects.

quick morgoth, name your 5 favorite games of the last 3 years.

Technically Battlefield games are on a 1-2 year cycle. The gap between BF2142 and BF3 was filled with the Bad Company games.

What's the difference between a Bad Company game and a "real" BF game anyways? They all look the same to me.

Bad Company were developed with consoles as the primary platform and given a single player campaign.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So EA is trying to sell BF3 as a multiplayer only game then? Well good luck with that.

Dudes like MP.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra