RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

im ready. let 2012 be awesome with tons of good games pushing the systems to the limit, then bring on fall 2013 with new consoles.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Guys, think about this again.

Sony/MS have to be very very careful about what they're putting in their next consoles. We're in a recession, so chances are, thex won't release a 700$ console again.

Also, developers need functioning hardware and 2+ years development time to have games ready for release. Right now, nobody has claimed to have seen new MS/Sony hardware.

2015 I say.

isn't nintendo coming out with a new system next year? announced this year?

$700 no. $400-$500 yes.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Guys, think about this again.

Sony/MS have to be very very careful about what they're putting in their next consoles. We're in a recession, so chances are, thex won't release a 700$ console again.

Also, developers need functioning hardware and 2+ years development time to have games ready for release. Right now, nobody has claimed to have seen new MS/Sony hardware.

2015 I say.

Recession doesn't stop people from wasting money on electronics.

And there have been claims, nobody really knows about their validity though.

what is 5 years too late? the 3ds? it just doesnt have any games on it, no one wants to buy a paperweight. the minute good games start getting released, people will buy it. same as always.

nintendo just screwed up by not making sure the games were there at the beginning, so people didn't buy the system, then developers got scared that no market would be there to buy their games. so right now the 3ds and its potential buyers are just stuck in a stalemate.

microsoft is probably planning a halo 4 to be released alongside their xbox 3 console, so they won't have any problems selling their console. sony of course will be a year later, and will hopefully do what they are doing with the vita and release something that people will actually want, at a price that seems fair for whats being offered, and will hopefully have little big planet 3 and god of war/metal gear solid/uncharted on release too.

timing makes sense for uncharted, we see part 3 in 2011, and part 4 in 2013 or 2014

Edited by entrerix

oh. did not realize halo 4 was coming out in 2012. that does screw up my estimates...

hmm.

back to the thinking board.

i guess it depends on what you consider very soon. is august 2014 really soon?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/sq...-128182893.html

In addition to getting hands-on with the games, PAX attendees will be the first to see Square Enix and Airtight Games globally reveal a top-secret joint project through their exclusive panel. Meet the development team, including Creative Director Kim Swift (PORTAL, Left 4 Dead 1, Left 4 Dead 2) and the rest of the Airtight Games team, and hear their explanation of how they are bringing an incredibly fascinating and quirky game to life. The panel will be held on Saturday, August 27 at 7:00 p.m. in the Pegasus Room.

This might be one of David Hoffman's three unannounced projects.

cat's almost out of the bag regarding the new title. Kim is going to take it away at Pax! :(
Edited by funcroc

GOG's going to make a bunch of EA games available on Thursday apparently.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"That's why ME2 is until now the most successful game for Bioware,"

Nah. Not quite. ME2 and DA1 are pretty much in the same rang for sales.

I think he's talking more about critical success. ME2 managed to implement some pretty big changes from the original without incurring a big backlash from critics or fans.

The same cannot be said about the move from DA1 to DA2.

"That's why ME2 is until now the most successful game for Bioware,"

Nah. Not quite. ME2 and DA1 are pretty much in the same rang for sales.

I think he's talking more about critical success. ME2 managed to implement some pretty big changes from the original without incurring a big backlash from critics or fans.

The same cannot be said about the move from DA1 to DA2.

No kidding. Metacritic's DA 2 user review average is at 4.4 while ME 2's is at 9.0.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

:( ^^

He's a well known Starcraft II comentator.

-Graphics look quite dated

-Some sound effects are from DoW2

-Looks fairly standard shooter gameplay

-Combat looks okay

-Teammates are either retarded and useless or he doesn't know how to use them

-Enemies are stupid, even for orcs

-I like the jump pack

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

How old news is this about EA's Origin spying on the customers PC use?

If you read the End User License Agreement for Origin it states that by installing Origin you're giving EA the right to monitor your PC and to make a profile of you, including what programs you have installed (and whether you have any illegally downloaded material), what websites you use, etc., and that EA reserves the right to share or sell this information to third parties.

2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol37683v1Address), operating system,Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in form that does not personally identify you.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

I've seen worse, I'm cautiously optimistic.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

How old news is this about EA's Origin spying on the customers PC use?

If you read the End User License Agreement for Origin it states that by installing Origin you're giving EA the right to monitor your PC and to make a profile of you, including what programs you have installed (and whether you have any illegally downloaded material), what websites you use, etc., and that EA reserves the right to share or sell this information to third parties.

2. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.

You agree that EA may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer (including the Internet Protocol37683v1Address), operating system,Application usage (including but not limited to successful installation and/or removal), software, software usage and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online services. EA may also use this information combined with personal information for marketing purposes and to improve our products and services. We may also share that data with our third party service providers in form that does not personally identify you.

The funny thing is, if some small company would be making this kind of software, it would be all over the internet, and probably sooner or later ended up on a blacklist of many Antispyware programs... The second funnz thing is that people are still crying loud about SecuROM and are jumping into this steaming pile of poo without second thoughts :thumbsup:

I will be realy curious how this spyware will be searching for illegally downloaded material and how many false positives it will have...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

That EULA is pretty standard, see below. It's just written in legalese rather than english. Rather like the "Origin will delete your games after two years!!!" (newsflash, any online service has clauses for terminating your games immediately, up to and including GoG) FUD it's primarily legal arse covering.

"By using ---'s online sites and products, users agree that --- may collect aggregate information, individual information, and personally identifiable information.."

"--- may share aggregate information and individual information with other parties."

"Personally identifiable information protected under this privacy policy and collected from users may be done in conjunction with associates under agreement with ---."

"--- may allow third parties performing services under contract with --- to access stored information"

[--]

"We may share customer information that we collect with third parties. Usually, this information will be shared with a third party that has relationship with us as a business partner or marketing partner... Also, we may use the information that you provide us, or that we collect about you, in connection with the promotion of our products and services and those of our affiliates."

"We may send you offers on behalf of our company or other businesses, or permit other businesses that we are working with to send you offers"

That's from two separate cliented systems, can't imagine it's hard to guess which. I've used the second one which is pretty much identical to Origin in its current form- you don't need the client for anything other than installing. I won't have a problem with Origin until it goes the always on constant monitoring route of the first one.

Overall the Origin FUD has been a great source of lulz. Watching certain steam fans get up in arms about stuff steam has been doing for years/ creating horror scenarios that could as easily apply to steam and then getting all passive-aggressive when called on it will never get old.

Time to destroy the internet.