Random video game news.

Rosbjerg

Please cut it up, I'm sure there's enough developers who would pony up for a piece.

If I believed in coincidences, I'd say that it's an interesting coincidence that this becomes public on the following week after Bioware gets restructured as a separate publishing label. :p

IIRC EA has a partnership with Hasbro Interactive for casual games, already.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Designer explains Brinks failure.

I especially like the part where he calls players 'lazy' for not learning their SMART system when they made it useful in exactly one place in the whole game.

Oh please, that's some pile of piss poor excuses if I ever read any. What a hack, blaming players for not understanding their genius... Its sad if anything, shows how out of touch they are.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Morgoth must be off playing this already: Bodycount Demo

Be the first to experience crate 3.0 technology \m/ Crate it on up!

Edited by Nightshape

Only as long as EA shareholders tell him something different. Which brings us to my initial question: Why should EA license another fantasy IP?

'coz even Atari didn't quite manage to run the D&D license to the ground, so it's much better to hold it than let someone else, this time possibly semicompetent, start printing money with it. :p

Of course, the other alternative is IMO just as likely, they could view their reputation and position as strong enough to not require a licensed IP to prop it up (which is what prompted the original Bioware move inte Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age). We'll see what happens, they have a lot of studios now, and DA2 wasn't exactly universally praised. :p

I can't see Bioware going back to D&D for their main line games. They didn't like the nannying from hasbro and don't have to pay any licencing fees on their own IPs; and D&D is no longer the sort of money printing machine Star Wars still manages to be. It's also not worked well on console and is unlikely to have the sort of crossover appeal to the CoD crowd they've been looking for.

Could get something from the 2d studio that's now been made part of 'Bioware' in the restructuring after they've finished the Mass Effect equivalent of the Dragon Age facebook game, but I won't be holding my breath.

To me it sounds like an acquisition made only for the purposes of cutting down any potential competition, at the moment.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

'coz even Atari didn't quite manage to run the D&D license to the ground, so it's much better to hold it than let someone else, this time possibly semicompetent, start printing money with it. :p

And that would be in the interest of Hasbro? I hope I didn't get it wrong. They are still the licence holder, aren't they?

And that would be in the interest of Hasbro? I hope I didn't get it wrong. They are still the licence holder, aren't they?

They might be risk-averse after their experience with Atari. Someone "hungrier" could create a breakway success, or another Homefront. :p

Epic Games working on some 5 games

"It's nice to target the PC as a primary platform again," teased Capps, "not just for ports."

Welcome back, Epic.

Please give me Unreal III or Unreal I remastered with the UE 3.5 engine.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It has advanced crates in it? Why didn't you say so earlier? Now I have to check out the game... :p

Portal 2 has the most advanced crates to date. I don't know how anyone is going to beat that.

It has advanced crates in it? Why didn't you say so earlier? Now I have to check out the game... ;)

Portal 2 has the most advanced crates to date. I don't know how anyone is going to beat that.

Play the bodycount demo, find out.

Genuinely, the crate experience is new, its worth checking the demo out for... Its my tongue in cheek contribution to crate technology.

You can actually shoot them, and see the contents, and the contents go BOOM, and you can make them BOOM a few times! Take a look, I spent several months of my life getting that stuff right with two other guys.

Basically as you shoot out the exterior shell parts, there are 3 ammo canisters inside, which you can then shoot to cause explosions, sometimes they'll actually fly out, you can use them to take out enemies.

Its superficial really, but there's no crate in existence quite like it. Crates with content so to speak :)

I hope a few folks buy the game and enjoy it, but I hope everyone who can tries the demo, it is free and I hope you all find it fun.

Edited by Nightshape

Sorry, but Portal 2 crates crawl around on their own and this Bodycount thing has been way overhyped for me to bother with.

;) Give the demo a shot.

I genuinely wanna know what people think, as for over hyped, I mean WTF? Really?